MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   Inner Headlight bulb question? (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/27644-inner-headlight-bulb-question.html)

sLickfITY 01-17-2003 03:34 AM

Inner Headlight bulb question?

mine just went out and i dont know what size the bulbs are? i bought a pair earlier but they were just too big in diameter. can someone tell me what size they are and where to get em' (Pepboys, Kragen, Autozone, etc.)?

xyzpl 01-17-2003 05:55 AM

what is a "inner headlight bulb"?

Where is it exactly?

the headlight is H7 if it helps...

scorchie 01-17-2003 05:56 AM

Do you have your owner's manual? You should look in there.

No you don't have your owner's manual? You should look on the front of the headlight. They're listed there. Assuming you are in the USA.

-s-

sLickfITY 01-17-2003 12:55 PM

its the headlights closest to the grill. i know that the outer ones and highbeams are H7's but the inner ones are a very small bulb. in the owners manual it only says H7's... ?

mmgrad 01-19-2003 03:38 AM

those don't really have a standard size nor a reference number.

THey are simply called 'city light'. if you buy a brand called Raybrig, they are "M17", but they are a blue shade, and not very bright.

LowRydeR 01-19-2003 04:42 AM

Originally posted by sLickfITY
its the headlights closest to the grill. i know that the outer ones and highbeams are H7's but the inner ones are a very small bulb. in the owners manual it only says H7's... ?
I have M17 for the citylights (inner healdlights) which have a blue tint on them..

-Bruce

braincuttermd 01-19-2003 01:08 PM

I found this online for Polarg M17 city lights:

Polarg Lights

Another Polarg dealer

How are these lights? Any good? Will they burn normal, or will the computer say that there's a burnt out bulb? THey're only $16 and are supposed to have a blue tint.

I'd like my city lights to have a white tint rather than blue. Do you guys know of any white M17s?

Mike

LowRydeR 01-19-2003 01:40 PM

Originally posted by braincuttermd

Polarg Lights

Another Polarg dealer

How are these lights? Any good? Will they burn normal, or will the computer say that there's a burnt out bulb? THey're only $16 and are supposed to have a blue tint.

I'd like my city lights to have a white tint rather than blue. Do you guys know of any white M17s?

Mike

I have Polarg M17 and they're still very bright, the blue tint gives the bulba white/blueish color when it's on. I got them for $10 at 99 Ranch Market in Irvine.

-Bruce

tango 01-20-2003 02:43 AM

bruce.. did you have any luck gettin rid of ur rims...and when are the new hotties coming?!

sLickfITY 01-20-2003 02:27 PM

just got my POLARG M-17's off of EBAY for $3! :D

LowRydeR 01-20-2003 02:36 PM

Originally posted by tango
bruce.. did you have any luck gettin rid of ur rims...and when are the new hotties coming?!
I can't sell my rims til I get my new ones, I'm thinking of putting them on eBay soon. E-mail me LowRydeR@cox.net if anyone is interested.

-Bruce

mmgrad 01-20-2003 05:30 PM

Originally posted by braincuttermd

Yes yes,..... they are Polarg. wrong brand mentioned.

They won't give you any problems and so far, no burn-outs yet. However, fyi, these bulbs are painted blue.

You can't even see inside it. So, as you can imagine, it barely lights up. Only upside is that its not yellow like the stock one, but don't expect it to be even half as bright as stock ones.

Ted Baldwin 01-21-2003 02:08 AM

I have Polarg M17 and they're still very bright, the blue tint gives the bulba white/blueish color when it's on. I got them for $10 at 99 Ranch Market in Irvine.

Yes yes,..... they are Polarg. wrong brand mentioned.

They won't give you any problems and so far, no burn-outs yet. However, fyi, these bulbs are painted blue.

You can't even see inside it. So, as you can imagine, it barely lights up. Only upside is that its not yellow like the stock one, but don't expect it to be even half as bright as stock ones.

................so are the Polarg M17 light bulbs bright er than stock city lights or not?

Ted

mmgrad 01-21-2003 01:41 PM

nope, not the Polarg brand. the output is bluish/white, but the brightness is probably 1/2 of the factory bulb's output.

Take a look at the pic: Click to zoom in.... you can't see the inside of the bulb, which tells you how heavy the blue coating is.

http://www.eautoworks.com/productImages/M17bulb.jpg