MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   Sputter in engine at 95K (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/356099-sputter-engine-95k.html)

MMM430 06-21-2010 03:17 PM

Sputter in engine at 95K

So I figured since the MAF was new and the Air Filters clean this was more than likely plug misfire(s). I bought new plugs and replaced. The engine Idle was beautiful and I certainly felt an increase in power and acceleration. 4 Days later the sputtering returned. Anyone with ideas?

I did not replace wires. Could this be the culprit or is it something else?

Thanks as always for your knowledge.

-MMM430

rjlawlor646 06-21-2010 04:59 PM

i got a cylinder misfire once and it didn't turn off for about an hour..this caused a little bit of a sputter for me

big_mike1979 06-21-2010 05:06 PM

IT COULD BE THE WIRES.. WHEN I CHANGED MINE AT 75 K ADN NOW I HAVE 110K ON IT, I REPLACED THE WIRES AND PLUGS AND IT NICE AS IT CAN BE

mikekuriger 06-21-2010 05:59 PM

the wires can easily pop off the plug after plug replacement. I noticed a lot of air pressure building up in my plug boots when i plugged them in- i also use a dialectic grease on them so it was sealing the air in. i vented the air so they fit tight and didnt pop off

jbenz2001 06-21-2010 06:52 PM

I had the same problem around 100k.the car was throwing crazy misfire n codes.I switched the coils around to make sure it wasn't that.so I bought new plugs and wires,and the car was brand new again.then I went and bought a code scanner to make sure no other codes were showing up and aslo to erase the cel.u can aslo switch around ur coils to c if ur still get n the same cylinder misfires.good luck with the problem hope the info helped.

MMM430 06-21-2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by jbenz2001 (Post 4129095)
I had the same problem around 100k.the car was throwing crazy misfire n codes.I switched the coils around to make sure it wasn't that.so I bought new plugs and wires,and the car was brand new again.then I went and bought a code scanner to make sure no other codes were showing up and aslo to erase the cel.u can aslo switch around ur coils to c if ur still get n the same cylinder misfires.good luck with the problem hope the info helped.

Thanks guys.....so jbenz, I take it it was not coils but the old plugs/wires. Once changed and code scanned, did you find any more codes?
How much was the code scanner you bought and from where? Thanks for the knowledge!

jbenz2001 06-21-2010 09:16 PM

No codes at all,once plug and wires were changed everything was straight.I bought the code scanner from autozone for $60 bucks.it isn't the best one u can get but it does the job of get n u the codes.u easily can look up the codes on the internet or n e autozone,advance,pep boys ect. can tell u.its worth it,not to mention u can charge people to have u use it on there car too lol.its very easy to use.feel free to ask if u have n e more questions.peace bro!

CLKblackout320 07-02-2010 09:52 PM

i had the same problem i did a full tune up to my car and now it runs great and faster but i did a FULL TUNE UP

rjlawlor646 07-07-2010 03:36 PM

whats involved in a full tune up?