CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Advice on tires & exhaust system for '01 CLK 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 CLK 55
Advice on tires & exhaust system for '01 CLK 55

Hello all,

Wanted to get some advice on what to purchase for an incredible exhaust system and tire set for my 01 clk 55.

Exhaust System preference(s):
-deep and heavy sound

Tire Set preference(s):
-all season ultra high performance
-not too expensive

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W208 CLK55
Cant help with the exhaust since mine is still stock, but I have been thinking about cutting off the resonator and putting in a straight pipe to get that 'deep and throaty' sound.
But as for tires, definitely go with these Michelins! http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...null&rc=AZUINT
They are a little more expensive than the rest but they're well worth it! They're all season and super high performance (Z speed rated). They're also incredibly comfortable and an all around perfect tire! I've had zero issues or complaints about them. Good luck!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM

'01 CLK 55
Originally Posted by CJackson13
Cant help with the exhaust since mine is still stock, but I have been thinking about cutting off the resonator and putting in a straight pipe to get that 'deep and throaty' sound.
But as for tires, definitely go with these Michelins! http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...null&rc=AZUINT
They are a little more expensive than the rest but they're well worth it! They're all season and super high performance (Z speed rated). They're also incredibly comfortable and an all around perfect tire! I've had zero issues or complaints about them. Good luck!
thank you so much!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
if you want to keep it economical get an magnaflow exaust, it sounds and performs great, i have it on mine and love it, it sounds deep and not too loud. if you want to spend some major money you can go with eismenn(i dont think i spelled it right).
Old 02-05-2012, 05:17 PM

'01 CLK 55
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
if you want to keep it economical get an magnaflow exaust, it sounds and performs great, i have it on mine and love it, it sounds deep and not too loud. if you want to spend some major money you can go with eismenn(i dont think i spelled it right).
i've considered eisenmann before but i've only heard the sounds through youtube videos. and i've also heard magnaflow before but it's been a while so I should probably update myself. it's just hard to find something that sounds nice to the ear because everything i see in on the internet. do you know of any places that allow you to hear the sound of their exhausts?