CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

01 CLK 430 V8 New replacement Key fob Not working!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 430
01 CLK 430 V8 New replacement Key fob Not working!

Hey there everyone
I'm new to this forum,and I would appreciate some good advice from you experts
I have a 2001 clk 430 V8, my key was stolen, I called the dealership, went there in person with my paperwork, they ordered one but its not working.
Here is what I did: insert the new key fob in the ignition, waiting for nothing.
The light on the remote did not eliminate, no click or zip usual sound, I waited for up to an hour for it to recognize they key with no results. I also went ahead and replaced my battery, just in case it was a low voltage thing, my windows rolled down and still are. As much as I hate it "out of respect for Benz" I had to place trash bags over the windows since its raining. Now is there anything I can do, or did not do at this point?
My last chance is to tow the car, the closest dealership is 100 miles away.
Please let me know what I need to do! Thanks a lot!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
Does it work for the keyless entry portion? Is it the newer Chrome sided key? Just Curious. But if you are not getting the light pushing the button then it sounds defective.

Originally Posted by Jillali86
Hey there everyone
I'm new to this forum,and I would appreciate some good advice from you experts
I have a 2001 clk 430 V8, my key was stolen, I called the dealership, went there in person with my paperwork, they ordered one but its not working.
Here is what I did: insert the new key fob in the ignition, waiting for nothing.
The light on the remote did not eliminate, no click or zip usual sound, I waited for up to an hour for it to recognize they key with no results. I also went ahead and replaced my battery, just in case it was a low voltage thing, my windows rolled down and still are. As much as I hate it "out of respect for Benz" I had to place trash bags over the windows since its raining. Now is there anything I can do, or did not do at this point?
My last chance is to tow the car, the closest dealership is 100 miles away.
Please let me know what I need to do! Thanks a lot!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:23 PM

2001 CLK 430
clk 430 replacement key

yes it is the newer chrome key, and no it doesn't lock or unlock my car, thats what I THINK TOO, a defective new key.....
Old 11-07-2013, 11:28 PM

2001 CLK 430
I am getting the light when ipush any key, but it has no effect with the car at all....
I wish someone on here knew a way out of this before I get it towed. Surely there must be a trick Benz does to get past this issue in seconds, just hope it wont require one of their high end diagnostics systems....