CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Help needed with attaching cold air feed to supercharger inlet on CLK 230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 230
Question Help needed with attaching cold air feed to supercharger inlet on CLK 230

Hi guys,

I'm looking to fit a cone filter to my 2001 CLK 230. I pulled off all the inlet piping earlier to take a look at what I'd need to order. All the examples of cold air feeds that I've seen online for this engine seem to just be able to clamp onto the supercharger inlet.

However, when I took off my inlet piping to the charger, it seems that the only way of attaching a hose to the charger is by bolting it on with two bolts rather than being able to clamp it on. I have a hard inlet pipe that the electronic dump valve and the air filter housing bolt onto, whereas the other examples I've seen show a soft pipe going to the airbox, and the electronic dump valve also being attached to the airbox.

My question really is how can I attach a silicone hose to my supercharger inlet, so I can be rid of the big hard plastic intake.

I've attached an example of both types of intake, so you can get an idea of what I mean.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

This is the soft pipe that looks like it should just clamp onto the supercharger inlet. This is what 90% of the examples look like that I've seen.

This is like what i have.

This is my inlet pipe. You can see the two bolt holes. They are too close to the opening of the pipe to allow me to clamp a pipe on

Here you can see the bolt holes. I was hoping they would be the same spacing as the throttle body top hat so I could use one of those, but they're not.