CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK owners or Mercedes owners beware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' MB CLK320
CLK owners or Mercedes owners beware

So today I was on my way home from school where I noticed that I got a flat tire. I thought it was like my alignment, but I heard fluttering from my tire so I instantly knew it was a flat tire. I looked at it, and I was like "F*****!". I knew it was from somebody cause a kid at my school who drives a Porsche Cayenne got his tires flattened. So I'm like convinced somebody did something to my tire, I'm taking my car to the dealer tomorrow to get the tire replaced, (225 dollars), and to get it looked at. It happened before, like this 2 inch nail in my tire that I didn't even notice. I mean it happens with average brands like Toyotas, my fathers workvan had his tire slashed with like a dagger or something at his work parking lot. People here in America seriously do not respect other people or their rides.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clk v6
jelous people.

i have a real big scratch at my door made by screw driver.

be patient and if can low prof....
Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 PM

05' MB CLK320
Yea, it seriously pisses me off cause I had a great day then I got this flat tire then I get the embarrassment of being seen by friends and teachers. So I'm getting the tapes pulled, and I heard somebody knows something about it.

Plus I thought people in Europe treat people's cars like their own? When I went to Germany, Austia, Switzerland, people's cars were in awesome condition/
Old 03-17-2010, 04:05 AM

clk v6
Germany, Austia, Switzerland yes but where i live people are very poor almost as i live in the third world...........
Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM

CLK w209 GLC43 coupe
some body steal all my tire valve( mine have carlsson logo on them) its so annoying cause i have to get new ones.. the valve cost less than 5USD hahahaha those people who stole mine properly thinks that it worth more than that hahahah so now im using the normal ones...

Old 03-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by TheRemedy
So today I was on my way home from school where I noticed that I got a flat tire. I thought it was like my alignment, but I heard fluttering from my tire so I instantly knew it was a flat tire. I looked at it, and I was like "F*****!". I knew it was from somebody cause a kid at my school who drives a Porsche Cayenne got his tires flattened. So I'm like convinced somebody did something to my tire, I'm taking my car to the dealer tomorrow to get the tire replaced, (225 dollars), and to get it looked at. It happened before, like this 2 inch nail in my tire that I didn't even notice. I mean it happens with average brands like Toyotas, my fathers workvan had his tire slashed with like a dagger or something at his work parking lot. People here in America seriously do not respect other people or their rides.

Wow that blows! It's not that bad by me
Old 03-17-2010, 03:25 PM

CLK 320
I had one side of my car keyed from the gas cap cover area all the way to the middle of the passenger side door. Then they wrote in sharpie "I LOVE THIS CAR."

Damn *****heads... Luckily it wasn't too deep in all areas. Got most of buffed out, but you can vaguely see it when the car gets dirty or examine it very closely. At least I moved out of that neighrbood and have a gated lot in my apt complex.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by astropat
I had one side of my car keyed from the gas cap cover area all the way to the middle of the passenger side door. Then they wrote in sharpie "I LOVE THIS CAR."

Damn *****heads... Luckily it wasn't too deep in all areas. Got most of buffed out, but you can vaguely see it when the car gets dirty or examine it very closely. At least I moved out of that neighrbood and have a gated lot in my apt complex.

Damn talk about haters!....I have the occasional ding but nothing like that....Knock on wood
Old 03-17-2010, 05:29 PM

05' MB CLK320
Yea seriously, before I thought of getting a CLK320 convertible, but the thing that I was scared about was someone cutting open the top or something. And I always park next to the nicer cars, like another Mercedes, or some other luxury car.

That is the worst! Where was this? Like at the mall or something?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
And I always park next to the nicer cars, like another Mercedes, or some other luxury car.

+1 I almost always try to park next to and MB. Only other MB owners could share your pain.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 PM

05' MB CLK320
lol true that but BMW drivers do too,

off topic and sorry if you are a BMW driver too but BMW drivers look like jerks, some. lol
Old 03-17-2010, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
Originally Posted by dynomite05
+1 I almost always try to park next to and MB. Only other MB owners could share your pain.
+2. My GF and friends think I'm crazy since I always park so far away from my destination (well lit areas, no cars around me, no bird nests or perches). But they don't know how it is....Damn Haters
Old 03-19-2010, 08:55 PM

'04 CLK320
There really seems to be a "special" jealousy of MB owners.

I'm sure it's true of Jags and really any other expensive cars, but I hear remarks all the time (with underlying jealousy) about "anyone able to afford a MB... It's sad in a way, but there are a lot jealous people and haters.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:06 PM

05' MB CLK320
I mean where I live it's not a bad area, it's a really nice area but sometimes people will be jerks and do horrible things.

There really seems to be a "special" jealousy of MB owners.

I'm sure it's true of Jags and really any other expensive cars, but I hear remarks all the time (with underlying jealousy) about "anyone able to afford a MB... It's sad in a way, but there are a lot jealous people and haters.
Sometimes I wish I can just disguise my car when I go out to shop at like the mall or something.

like this lol, best thing ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaSpi...eature=related

Plus thank god we don't have the logo that sticks out from the hood, I see so many of them missing of people's Mercedes, and Jags
Old 03-19-2010, 09:15 PM

'04 CLK320
I've seen that before and it's hilarious! Sometimes I wish I could do that too!

It's one thing to feel good driving the car and getting admiring looks or good comments, but some people (the haters) really take the fun out of life sometimes, but that's what they want.

I think they should be
Old 03-19-2010, 10:56 PM

05' MB CLK320
Lol, it's the best thing money can buy

It's one thing to feel good driving the car and getting admiring looks or good comments, but some people (the haters) really take the fun out of life sometimes, but that's what they want.
Yea, I seriously love driving my CLK, it rocks, and I bet it's the same way with other CLk, or other Mercedes owners. I just wish people respected other people's rides like they do in like Germany. When I went to Germany, people treated their cars, and other people's cars with respect

The second is from Paris, the third is from Lucerne, Switzerland
Old 03-20-2010, 12:08 AM

2003 CLK500
I got many door dings all around my car. It really pisses me off when people just open their door and hit my car.

One time i was tired of people making door dings so I parked where there is enough room that others couldn't reach my car even when they open their cars wide open. I was very happy to park at the spot until I realized that my car seats were stolen next day. The thieves must have liked the spot too since they had enough space to work. bummer~
Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 AM

05' MB CLK320
I got many door dings all around my car. It really pisses me off when people just open their door and hit my car.
Park far from everyone else if you can, how is LA parking?

I was very happy to park at the spot until I realized that my car seats were stolen next day.
That is just the most horrible thing ever, car seats as in seats for your kids or like the driver and passenger seats?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by PH1L;
some body steal all my tire valve( mine have carlsson logo on them) its so annoying cause i have to get new ones.. the valve cost less than 5USD hahahaha those people who stole mine properly thinks that it worth more than that hahahah so now im using the normal ones...
I just bought some with a key lock so that won't happen. Cost around the same

Last edited by dynomite05; 03-20-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:01 PM

CLK350
Feel your pain...I have like a 3 inch scratch in the shape of a < beneath my driver's side door. Some kid at my school keyed it while in the parking lot, I'm pretty sure anyway.

And on the note of flat tires...For a while, before I got my CLK, I was driving my mom's SL500, and in a 3 week span, I got 2 flat tires. I think they had a leak or something, because the first one was due to low psi, so after filling them up, got the second flat from low psi about a week after putting air into them. Just another example of how expensive it is to maintain these cars; cost me about 1k to replace the 4 tires.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:23 PM

05' MB CLK320
Feel your pain...I have like a 3 inch scratch in the shape of a < beneath my driver's side door. Some kid at my school keyed it while in the parking lot, I'm pretty sure anyway.

And on the note of flat tires...For a while, before I got my CLK, I was driving my mom's SL500, and in a 3 week span, I got 2 flat tires. I think they had a leak or something, because the first one was due to low psi, so after filling them up, got the second flat from low psi about a week after putting air into them. Just another example of how expensive it is to maintain these cars; cost me about 1k to replace the 4 tires.
Yea, my CLK is a pain when it comes to driving on roads that are ridden with pot holes. Like I look like a drunk when I try to swerve around each pot hole, lol. With my mothers BMW it's not as bad. The tire's that I have are the Continental Sport Contact 3's which I love, just not when it comes to pot holes, lol. The first time the car had a flat was on Christmas day when my mom was driving the family home which was the most horrible day ever.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
The potholes in jersey suck big time
Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 PM

05' MB CLK320
The potholes in jersey suck big time
Tell me about it, and they never fix them
Old 03-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
lol and if they do fix them it's right before the snow comes....Only to have happen again
Old 03-20-2010, 09:34 PM

05' MB CLK320
lol and if they do fix them it's right before the snow comes....Only to have happen again
Yea lol, I mean when I went to Europe, their roads were beautiful, and well maintained, it just pains me to see our cars having to suffer American roads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjMUfIKktWU

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK owners or Mercedes owners beware