CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 350 Alarm Chirp FIXED "DIM" Did It Myself!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK 350
CLK 350 Alarm Chirp FIXED "DIM" Did It Myself!

So i read several threads about this anoying alarm chip stopping for no reason. My 2007 CLK 350 decided that it no longer wanted to chirp when i set the alarm. I have had it in and out of the repair shop several times for regular maintenance and for whatever reason the mech didnt have time to check this. So today i was researching and read everyone talking about the "SAM" in the front and trunk of the car.

Everyone keeps saying "reset to neatherlands setting" well im a little too curious to just drive to the dealer for such a small issue. I went to the car, looked for the fuse box in the trunk and started pulling fusses one at a time. When i pulled the #8 fuse and put it back my alarm started going off! AWSOME! considering i couldnt get any thing to make a chirp, beep or panic alarm. I hit the alarm remote and what do you know, it chirped.

I set and reset the alarm via the remote and it is working fine! Unbelievable! two different dealers and several maintenance mech's with no results. But a soon to be retired Marine and some curiosity solved the case! I hope this helps someone! And yes i know i dont spell worth a damn.

Jason
Old 08-26-2012, 09:55 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Good fix, Jason. Fuse #8 can also be the culprit when you have problems with the remote control locking responding to the SmartKey as it powers the antenna amp that is the RCL receiver.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 White CLK63 cab
Chirping clk63

my clk 63 is having the opposite issue , you set the alarm and the chirrping starts for 1 min solid . I tried fuse 8 in and out, it stops when it is out but what does this do ?
I reset the tire monitoring system yesterday when we did snow tires and this popped up a few hours later ? not sure if it is connected to it .

I also reset the "settings" on the nav screen . not sure if this did anything ?

it is a pain in the A$$.

anyone know how to stop this from happening or why it did ? our car also never made a noise when the alarm was set to begin with , that is the way it came ?????