CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I like them.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32 AMG
I like them.....

I think the launch edition Cabriolets are really sweet lookin'. I wouldn't mind having one myself, but I have one on order with all the specs I want. I've decided on Pewter/Charchol w/ black top.

Would you rather have a lauch edition or Pewter/Charchol?
Old 09-08-2003, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
im not a big fan of the pewter, seems kind of a boring color and the launch edition seems rare. id go with the launch edition if you can get one right now why not?
Old 09-08-2003, 03:00 AM

Wow, I can completely identify with your dilemma. Pewter was my first choice color when I was going to order mine... I love it and think it's truly classy. And I loved being able to order just what I wanted with all the options...

BUT I ended up seeing the launch edition and absolutely fell in love with that combination, so I bought that one. The interior is, in my opinion, stunning... the designo accents really set the car apart.

Either way, you're going to have a beautiful car. I still love Pewter... but I think that my car is unique and truly beautiful. i love the exterior color and the light interior with amazing ash accents.

there's another thread on this board with pictures of my car, but it sounds like you've already seen one so you know what it looks like.

Good luck, you can't go wrong with either choice...
Old 09-08-2003, 06:07 AM

AS noted above, the Ash accents are great. You also get an extra piece of wood on the glove box and the wood steering wheel. It is a stunning combination with the light interior.

As for the Mocha Black exterior on the launch edition I have mixed feelings. Personally I would take it over the Pewter. I saw a Brilliant Silver CLK320 Cabrio next to the launch 500 in Mocha Black and quite frankly the darker color just seemed to compliment the lines better. The Brilliant Silver looked a lilttle bulbous (especially at the rear flanks) while the darker cabrio looked more sleek. (Sort of like the fashion rule that large women should wear black?)

The whole styling slant of the cabrio is is intended to imitate the SL500, but with the addition of the extra seats that effort is less successful when viewed from the rear profile. The darker colors hide the extra mass and leave the cabrio looking more SL like in my opinion.

Myself, I don't usually go for black cars though and I am hoping the new Cadet Blue (gunmetal grey) will be a perfect fit for this model although I'm not sure which interior and top would look best with it. (Grey top with grey interior? Blue top with pacific blue interior? Black or Blue top with charcoal interior?)

Last edited by Mercedesfan; 09-08-2003 at 06:23 AM.