MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W209) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209-43/)
-   -   2 Questions...My 1st CLK (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/568310-2-questions-my-1st-clk.html)

MeInQ8 12-20-2014 08:08 AM

2 Questions...My 1st CLK

Hello everyone...I just joined this forum! I recently got a my first Benz 03/CLK 200

I fixed couple of things here and there but I have this light sensor message display on the dashboard. A local garage said the sensor is probably fine but I have to replace my windshield with an original one? Is this true or maybe the sensor is bad?
"The windshield isn't original"

Does Mercedes has a software where I can connect my laptop to the car and adjust the lightings...etc like BMW? If yes what is the name of it?

Thanks

DanielFD 12-21-2014 02:05 AM

I dought thats the issue.. They replaced my 2004 c230 windshield with a non original one and everything works fine.. Its pretty rare for the light sensor to stop working. If they changed ur windshield they might have just messed up the connectors in the overhead panel (dome light has a small computer). You can search around the forum for pictures, its really easy to remove to remove and check the connections are all good.

DanielFD 12-21-2014 02:08 AM

And yes there is software like that but its not as simple as the BMW software you might be used too. There is no independent software that can access deep settings in the computer except STAR Diagnosis (DAS in german). There are Chinese knockoffs everywhere online. Usually they work just fine, but dont go for the ones that are too cheap.

MeInQ8 12-21-2014 04:54 AM

I hope so since the windshield look pretty decent but I will check it.
Thanks

Originally Posted by DanielFD (Post 6269874)
I dought thats the issue.. They replaced my 2004 c230 windshield with a non original one and everything works fine.. Its pretty rare for the light sensor to stop working. If they changed ur windshield they might have just messed up the connectors in the overhead panel (dome light has a small computer). You can search around the forum for pictures, its really easy to remove to remove and check the connections are all good.

MeInQ8 12-21-2014 05:01 AM

This isn't a simple data cable/software to install in my laptop but do you mean this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mb-Star-C3-M...-/161518066007 $$$

Originally Posted by DanielFD (Post 6269875)
And yes there is software like that but its not as simple as the BMW software you might be used too. There is no independent software that can access deep settings in the computer except STAR Diagnosis (DAS in german). There are Chinese knockoffs everywhere online. Usually they work just fine, but dont go for the ones that are too cheap.

DanielFD 12-22-2014 12:30 AM

Yes thats it, thats the old c3 works fine on our cars theres the c4, i dont know if theres anything newer. They work on ibm laptops, but these days thy just give you a hdd that you plug in and it works running windows xp in a virtual environment. You should check out some threads specifically about the scanners before thinking about buying one. I dont know much about the differences.

Originally Posted by MeInQ8 (Post 6269915)
This isn't a simple data cable/software to install in my laptop but do you mean this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mb-Star-C3-M...-/161518066007 $$$

Rudeney 12-22-2014 11:51 PM

Check your vehicle's battery voltage. it should be 12.6v at rest. Low or erratic voltage can cause weird problems like this.

gaazmon 12-23-2014 01:27 AM

maybe they snipped some of the overhead wires when they installed the aftermarket windshield :nix:

MeInQ8 12-27-2014 10:53 AM

I just pulled it myself and I found mad silicon on the sensor cleaned that off with my nail still didn't work and the error still there. Found a used one from another car plugged it in the error is now gone but still the lights still on?
What to check next?

MeInQ8 12-28-2014 02:47 PM

FIXED!!!!
I can't believe this a tech got it fixed from the user computer in the car, now when the switch at position 0 all light are off finally lol

Airmousam 12-29-2014 11:41 AM

Good deal!!

DanielFD 12-30-2014 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by MeInQ8 (Post 6276301)
FIXED!!!!
I can't believe this a tech got it fixed from the user computer in the car, now when the switch at position 0 all light are off finally lol

That's really weird, I don't think I've seen an option in STAR to do that. Maybe your new light sensor was from another car without a green band at the top of the windscreen. Oh maybe that's it, does your new windscreen have a slightly darker band at the top of the windscreen?

MeInQ8 01-26-2015 07:51 AM

Sorry for the late reply
Not in STAR... it an option in the cluster instrument "user function" I got the light sensor from another CLK same year.

Originally Posted by DanielFD (Post 6277853)
That's really weird, I don't think I've seen an option in STAR to do that. Maybe your new light sensor was from another car without a green band at the top of the windscreen. Oh maybe that's it, does your new windscreen have a slightly darker band at the top of the windscreen?

DanielFD 01-26-2015 08:50 AM

ohh you mean the daytime running lamps! got it! glad its sorted!