CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How to fix pokes in door leather?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 02:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2009 CLK 350
Works on Chrome for me.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 194 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Haha no idea what's up with the link. If it doesn't work for you try a different browser.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Convertible
MEGACRAZY: There is nothing wrong with "it's a Mercedes" comment. If you have worked on so many cars, you should know there is a, sometimes rather large, difference in engineering and quality between makes and models. The fact that it's an older car also has 0 to do with anything. People can demand and expect any level of quality from repairs and products. Instead of attacking people you could post a link that actually works.
Right to my point. Can't add anything. Thank you for understanding.

MEGACRAZY: Mercebenz, the repair process is fairly simple but you won't be able to match the color 100%, like I have said before. Your easiest bet is to go to ebay and source a used door panel for about 150-200$, if you want perfect. The leather kits involve filling the hole, sanding and painting so it will never be 100%.
I was looking for one for a whole year and not a single one was posted in decent shape. My panel is in great overall shape except these 2. I saw panels w/o holes but in poor condition. So I gave up that idea and decided to repair mine. Cheaper and less hassle. Plus I like crafts.

MARTIN_F: What's so hard about doing a google search for Vinyl/Leather repair kits?
Here it is:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Viny...26HBGTWmrjM%3A

And here is one of the first pictures that comes up:
Sorry, but to me these a 2 different pics. There is no way it is going to look like nothing happened. Plus as MEGACRAZY stated before: The leather kits involve filling the hole, sanding and painting so it will never be 100%. Being so, I don't trust this pic. PLUS, if you look closer you can notice that grain pattern doesn't match. Red flag about company integrity. THAT'S WHY I asked here if anyone had done such repair OR might suggest something they know.

JIM:
You can't be both cheap and demand top quality, which is what he is doing.
First bull is right here. Quote and put post number where I asked for cheap and top quality solution HERE? On some things you can go cheap, no joke, but not on such!

I agree you can demand any quality you want. But just because it is a Mercedes doesn't mean that it is somehow special. It is a car. A nice car, a reasonably well engineered car, and expensive car when new. But a 12 year old mass produced car is nothing to go around proclaiming it is special.
Speak up for yourself! My MB is special to me! Like any other car I poses! I treat them all with respect and dignity! If you switch them like gloves and can care less - that is YOUR problem and business. And just for the record, my car is 10 years old with 40k miles on it! Maybe it is mass produced, but it wasn't base base model (we are not talking about AMG). It is well equipped (not all the way but everything I could wish for) AND it has pretty rare color! So IT IS SPECIAL TO ME! In fact, I bought her when I was 24. What did you drive at the age of 24? (Rhetorical question). Bet no Mercedes... It is not new, but it is new to me! IN FACT, it still smells like NEW INSIDE! How do I know? Because at the age of 22 I bought $43k brand new van as I posted in another thread. Guess what? It is special to me as well! My first brand new vehicle which let's me and my wife to travel coast to coast every year worry free. And it still smells brand new! Yet, I have a third car! 15 years old cadillac with 254k miles on it. Guess what? It is special to me as well! My very first car (luxury car too!) which I was able (and still able) to keep running. I have story with every car and I that's why I have bond with them and that's why each one is special to me in some way. I hope we clear here.
And I worked hard to get all of my cars. No "papa & mama" money involved.

I own a new BMW, a new Audi and a well used Mercedes, big deal, they are all just cars, easily replaced.
Good for you. Keep replacing them.

There was no attack, just tired of him acting like his old car is something special, when everyone here has one. Nothing wrong with being proud of your car, but damn, it is an old car after all.
Read above... and enjoy your "old car after all"

As for attacks, if you check a few posts, it was I who was treated rudely first, I was just trying to help, but that only elicited more BS!
Quote my rudeness TO YOU with post number. I would like to see where I offended your personality.

And your damn link doesn't work in Safari.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2009 CLK 350
Originally Posted by merceBENZ

Sorry, but to me these a 2 different pics. There is no way it is going to look like nothing happened. Plus as MEGACRAZY stated before: The leather kits involve filling the hole, sanding and painting so it will never be 100%. Being so, I don't trust this pic. PLUS, if you look closer you can notice that grain pattern doesn't match. Red flag about company integrity. THAT'S WHY I asked here if anyone had done such repair OR might suggest something they know.
Actually no, you didn't ask if anybody on here had done such a repair.
In you original post, all you ask was:
Is there any way to patch these holes?
That's why people started showing you products that are could patch the holes, instead of posting there own experience with products they used.

And your above statement about it being two pictures, it's not going to look like nothing happened doesn't make sense. So which is it? Does it look like two different pictures, or is the repair so good that it looks like nothing happened.

The grain pattern doesn't match? Of course not, because no kit out there is going to match the piece of leather in your car perfect!

Oh, and the link does work for me in Safari as well. Operator error, maybe?
Old 05-04-2016, 08:41 PM

I posted screenshot of my screen. There is no error I could make.

Take a closer look at grains. They don't match in whole pictures. They could show actual not so perfect fix but they decided to fake it. Whatever. They lost my business.

I got nothing to add. I said everything above.
Thanks.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Clk320, 2004 clk55, 1997 sl500 Sport i
I posted screenshot of my screen. There is no error I could make.

Take a closer look at grains. They don't match in whole pictures. They could show actual not so perfect fix but they decided to fake it. Whatever. They lost my business.

I got nothing to add. I said everything above.
Thanks.
You could get this special glue that is meant for leather. Put it on. Sand it very softly till it's even and then Get the paint and just put it over. I've done it many times and it works out great.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:04 AM

I will check it out. Thank you.