CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Dead Battery / Cannot enter vehicle.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLK500
Dead Battery / Cannot enter vehicle.

The battery is dead, the removable key does not open door or trunk. It does turn to the left and right but doesn't engage the lock to open
Is there some way to open the hood or enter the vehicle to open the hood?

Thank you for any help
Old 08-14-2017, 02:49 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
So you insert the key into the door handle and turn it counter-clockwise. Do you see the lock pin raise? If not, then you likely have a bad lock linkage and you'll need to call a locksmith who can use a tool to grab and pull the door handle from the inside. As for the trunk, note that you have to turn the key AND pull the handle to open it:

Old 08-14-2017, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLK500
Originally Posted by Rudeney
So you insert the key into the door handle and turn it counter-clockwise. Do you see the lock pin raise? If not, then you likely have a bad lock linkage and you'll need to call a locksmith who can use a tool to grab and pull the door handle from the inside. As for the trunk, note that you have to turn the key AND pull the handle to open it:

Thanks for the answer , A few years back , I had brought the car to the dealer to replace the handle which was not closing the door correctly so they replaced the entire handle and never checked if the key worked , I asked if it was the same lock and that my key would work but I never physically checked it.
Thank you Rudeney , I will try it this coming weekend and see how it works out .but I did try both locks and it is the original key cut so it cannot be both are not working rioght so ill try it again , thank you !
Old 08-16-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
2004 CLK 500
Originally Posted by Inno68
Thanks for the answer , A few years back , I had brought the car to the dealer to replace the handle which was not closing the door correctly so they replaced the entire handle and never checked if the key worked , I asked if it was the same lock and that my key would work but I never physically checked it.
Thank you Rudeney , I will try it this coming weekend and see how it works out .but I did try both locks and it is the original key cut so it cannot be both are not working rioght so ill try it again , thank you !
If you have AAA just call them and they will open it . Or check with your car insurance most of the time you have roadside assistance included.