CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

SD card aux

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 clk 240 cabriolet
SD card aux

HI!
I am new to this forum so I do apolgise if this has been treated elsewhere on this Forum.
I recently bought an 05 clk 240 cab with the six cd changer and ipod connector in the glove box. However, I need to find a way to play my sd cards where I have the bulk of my music. Is there any way I can add that feature to play sd cards and what accessory do you think I may need to get? I have bought a few items on ebay only to find out they are not compatible with my car. And do anyone know if the VIseeo MB 4 streams music as I have recently ordered one for the mobile phone bluetooth connection.
Thanks in advance for your help/
Old 01-14-2018, 03:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK350 Coupe
Hi,

What you need is Dension Gateway 500BT.

It is an emulator that goes where your 6 CD Changer is. Remove you CD Changer and simply plug back DENSION. No need for Extra holes, no wiring...

you will be able to connect your SD card but you will also be able to play music via Bluetooth, see the playlist on the Comand Screen and the odometer, and keep the steering wheel buttons operable.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:23 PM

2005 clk 240 cabriolet
Originally Posted by M.Khalid
Hi,

What you need is Dension Gateway 500BT.

It is an emulator that goes where your 6 CD Changer is. Remove you CD Changer and simply plug back DENSION. No need for Extra holes, no wiring...

you will be able to connect your SD card but you will also be able to play music via Bluetooth, see the playlist on the Comand Screen and the odometer, and keep the steering wheel buttons operable.
Thanks for your response. I have finally gotten hold of the ipod lightening adapter to connect my ipod. Only snag is that it doesn't charge the ipod. I may go the route of the Dension eventually. I bought a Viseao MB 4 for the phone bluetooth connection just recently. Can one still use the inbuilt microphone for telephone on the Dension or it comes with a mic? If the use of the inbuilt mic is possible, I may just resell the visseo and go for the Dension. Thanks
Old 01-15-2018, 02:57 AM

CLK350 Coupe
Originally Posted by mingi14
Thanks for your response. I have finally gotten hold of the ipod lightening adapter to connect my ipod. Only snag is that it doesn't charge the ipod. I may go the route of the Dension eventually. I bought a Viseao MB 4 for the phone bluetooth connection just recently. Can one still use the inbuilt microphone for telephone on the Dension or it comes with a mic? If the use of the inbuilt mic is possible, I may just resell the visseo and go for the Dension. Thanks
Well that's the only inconvenience of DENSION, it does not support the build-in Mic of the Merc. They provide a separate Mic.

Because I like keeping the interior OEM. I bought for the phone the MB Bluetooth Cradle and I will buy DENSION separately. My phone should connect to both with no problem.

I know its an expensive way but if you want to keep your car for a while then its worth it cuz you dont have to reach you glove box to change the music on your ipod.

Last edited by M.Khalid; 01-15-2018 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:05 AM

2005 clk 240 cabriolet
Well that's the only inconvenience of DENSION, it does not support the build-in Mic of the Merc. They provide a separate Mic.

Because I like keeping the interior OEM. I bought for the phone the MB Bluetooth Cradle and I will buy DENSION separately. My phone should connect to both with no problem.

I know its an expensive way but if you want to keep your car for a while then its worth it cuz you dont have to reach you glove box to change the music on your ipod.
Thanks a lot M. Khalid. You definitely have helped me make up my mind. I will get the Dension. Appreciate your help. Thanks again.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:08 AM

CLK350 Coupe
Thanks a lot M. Khalid. You definitely have helped me make up my mind. I will get the Dension. Appreciate your help. Thanks again.
You are welcome. Check out their website there are many models you will see which one suits you.

Regards,
Old 01-30-2018, 04:05 PM

2005 clk 240 cabriolet
You are welcome. Check out their website there are many models you will see which one suits you.

Regards,
I got the Dension 500 installed over the weekend. Thanks. Its just the solution I needed for the problem I had.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:17 PM

CLK350 Coupe
I got the Dension 500 installed over the weekend. Thanks. Its just the solution I needed for the problem I had.
Bloody hell that was fast!! I have ordered my Dension a week ago and still waiting for it.

In which part of the world do you live? Im in France.

And how difficult the setup was? Was it simple plug&play?

Regards,
Old 01-30-2018, 04:22 PM

2005 clk 240 cabriolet
Bloody hell that was fast!! I have ordered my Dension a week ago and still waiting for it.

In which part of the world do you live? Im in France.

And how difficult the setup was? Was it simple plug&play?

Regards,
I live in England. Got the unit from Dension accredited dealers here with all the required necessary bits. More or less straight forward thou but had to use an auto electrician. Simple swap whilst still retaining the CDC. The Most fibre optic to the CDC. It comes complete with instructions and also available on Dension website. Quite easy. Should take less than 15 minutes if you get the hang of it.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK350 '06
FWIW, if you buy an authentic Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter and use it with the Mercedes step down adapter, you can plug and play and charge a newer iPhone in 2005-2009 Mercedes. The key is getting an authentic, Apple adapter.