CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A45 amg Seats into w209??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
A45 amg Seats into w209??

Hi all, got some a45 amg seats at handy money.
just wondering if these could be retro fitted into my w209. The seats need controls on the door card, my clk has these switches. Can these be fitted?
i have already retro fitted the w207 seats into the clk with success however I feel these would be an even better upgrade
Old 06-10-2018, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209/A209, R170
As you can see I'm a newbie here also.. I have (personally) modified many cars, in many ways.. I'll chime in for you.. Answer is yes, with enough time, money and skill anything can be adapted..

**I'm assuming that the vehicle's seats are still mounted in car, If not this will be easier as they'll be side by side..

Now, before you do anything, get paper, pencil and camera to note the similarities and differences between the seats.. Also locate the fuse position to what you're working on and have extra fuses.. Work on one seat at a time, it makes it easier to do the next one..

Look at both seatbelt connectors seat frame connections (and/or wire also - if any) and see if they connect the same.. If so, switch them over to the new seat (**Always try to use the original seatbelt connector - Impedance levels may be different).. No need in throwing unnecessary dash lights..

Examine the seats' frame to body mounting locations and position (center of hole to center of hole), it may just bolt in.. If you don't have a Metric Tape Measure, I'd advise you to pick up one - very helpful in measuring all things UnAmerican made..

Take pictures of the AMG seat's electrical connector and compare the photos with the vehicle's connector(s).. Since you have the seats from another Mercedes vehicle, hopefully the passenger seat has the WSS in it.. Next, assuming the seat's wire colors/Harness Connectors are the same between the different seats.. You're lucky!!! connect and enjoy..

Matching a harness isn't a difficult thing, If the connectors don't match..

Now since you probably knew all that and the wires and connectors are different, here comes the fun part matching wires..

I've always found it easier to look at the actual seat's motor(s) and compare the color from the motor to that at the connection harness (most are the same color/wire).. Next, remove the seat from car and do the same.. Take pictures of the connections at motor and at harness, especially photoing the wire connection positions of the original's harness connector because this is what you'll be using for final assembly.. Take photos of one compete seat then the other so you have logical reference points.. Take your pencil and paper to draw pictures of the connectors and make position note (motor to harness position) as A, B, C etc.. Make sure to let the A, B, C etc.. designations match one another (seat for seat) as to the function they do and the color(s) that they are..

Now you're going to compare the two and draw another picture of the final harness connector and
1. Match the lettered functions of the new seat; to the lettered positions on the old seat's harness connector
2. If the connectors have the same method of wire termination into connector (i.e. pressed in clip); you may be able to swap the pins into the new harness connection..
3. If not, then you'll have to clip the harness, solder and heat shrink them together.. (You can clip as much as you'd like but I highly suggest you leave enough wire for reattach if needed later..)
3a. You can use a jumper wire, which is what I'd do to make soldering easier..
4. After the job is done and everything you want to work does work.. Legibly and methodically rewrite what you did, make a copy of it, scan it to your dedicated thumb drive for the vehicle and place a copy in your maintenance folder for that vehicle.. You probably wont remember the intricacies of this one mod years later.. Also if sold the new owner has a decent reference..

**** I wrote this as if you were clipping the original seat harness connector.. I'm not sure of the resources you have in your area but I would suggest sourcing your final connection harness from a parts yard..
You can Ohm it out on the spot before purchase.. You may find it difficult to sell/trade a seat with a missing clip..