CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question on Brabus Springs for CLK500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Question on Brabus Springs for CLK500

I just ordered a set of Brabus springs to lower the car. My concern is after reading certain treads is my shocks are going to be dead after some time. My car is a lease and I do not plan on keeping the car for more then 3 years. What am in getting myself into with this springs?

I do not plan on cutting the spring’s just stock Brabus springs. How long will my shocks live for. Should i just return the order?
Old 05-28-2004, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I did the same thing and ended up replacing them with a set of coilovers because they didn't really lower the car much at all.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question on Brabus Springs for CLK500

Originally posted by TheRok
I just ordered a set of Brabus springs to lower the car. My concern is after reading certain treads is my shocks are going to be dead after some time. My car is a lease and I do not plan on keeping the car for more then 3 years. What am in getting myself into with this springs?

I do not plan on cutting the spring’s just stock Brabus springs. How long will my shocks live for. Should i just return the order?
changing aftermarket springs and damaging your car i believe is such a big myth these days...

if people really want to get technical, changing your shocks and springs will still put your whole suspension off balance, the point is, who really cares...your oem shocks will not die tomorrow, next year, or even three years from now....if your just in it for the looks, save your money and just buy springs...if your a suspension freak, then just dont stop at shocks, go change everything in the car, and spend 20K, and then no one can tell you your suspension is "off".