CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

intake manifold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk350
intake manifold

hi there,
my car is a clk 350 from 2006 and i the actuator rod of the intake manifold is broken, i know that i can replace this piece but i just wanna know if it's ok when i drive it till i receive the piece ?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2018, 09:33 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

To answer your question, it's not a problem. You may get slightly degraded low-end torque, or lower MPG at highway speeds, but it won't damage anything. A word of advise, though. Then you remove the manifold for the repair, check everything to make sure the tumble flaps and swirl flaps operate smoothly. If they bind, you could have carbon buildup in the manifold. That could cause the flaps to crack and pieces can get sucked into the combustion chamber and cause serious problems If you think this might happen, replace the entire manifold.