CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Asking for Your opinions/buying advice and more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
Question Asking for Your opinions/buying advice and more

Greetings Everyone!

I am extensively looking into buying a W209. Well, I am actually stuck between W204 (FL if lucky) and W209 so I would greatly appreciate Your opinions about the W209s. Currently I have set my eyes on a late 2007 320CDI (diesels are mainstream in my country). As far as I know the OM642 engine is quite reliable. It has these options:
  • Black headliner
  • Comand aps NTG 2 headunit w/ navigation
  • Bi-xenons (I assume not fully adaptive, just cornering)
  • Drivers electric seat with memory and pneumatic lumbar adjustment
  • Passanger seat is only heated nothing else (always find this odd, when only drivers seat is fully optioned)
  • Sport appearance (maybe suspension too)
So it is optioned really well, however it lacks a sunroof and a harman kardon sound system. I LOVE my music, so I'd like to hear Your opinions about the regular sound system that comes in the car and the harman kardon upgrade. My friend has a W212 with harman kardon and with logic 7 enabled it sounds amazing so maybe someone could compare the two?

Secondly, how is the ride quality? Is it similar to that generations C-Class? Maybe someone drove both W204 and W209? How do they compare? Which has the better sound quality, ride quality and maintnance cost?

Also, I've been looking at loads of CLKs for a good half a year and this one does have good options, however, the price is in comparison a bit high. Previously I have looked at fully optioned CLK (Package 3 I assume), all above options plus sunroof, keyless go, ventilated seats, no Sport appearance though and it was ways cheaper than this one. This particular one looks immaculate though it would cost me around the same as a really good condition W204 pre-facelift, so I really am in a dilema right now. I really like them both, W204 pre-facelit has a really crappy interior, boring seats and is not a coupe (as coupe prices are almost double of a sedan, because only facelifts look great). The W209 looks great, especially because of the pillerless design, though it does look a bit dated.

I am really curious to hear Your opinions, any information and all replys will be much appreciated!