CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2005 CLK500 Cabriolet Rear Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500 Cabriolet
2005 CLK500 Cabriolet Rear Suspension Question

Hey there guys, I'm new here. Just a quick introduction

I usually just browse around & read the intelligent minds and responses...relating to any issues I have with my car. I'm pretty good at finding the answers (I see you Rudeney lol)

I am decently handy, so I can do/have done work on my car myself. But I don't own a garage or access to a lift, so underneath the car is entirely out of my skill set currently lol.

Enough about me, so here's my issue guys. I live in NYC & let's just say this car is not meant for these roads at all, most of the time I know it despises me for driving it here lol.

My car has 83,000 miles on it, and the pot holes have did a number on my suspension. I was getting a ton of vibration in the front, figured it was a control arm. So I recently replaced the entire front suspension

Got an alignment, it's much better now. Now my issue is with the rear, I'm having horrible squeaking in the rear. From both sides with any little bump I touch.

I'm the kind of guy that when I replace or do a job, I like to just replace everything at the same time for maintenance. So I also have all the control arms & stuff for the rear

Now the same mechanic that did my front, told me that it's the rear suspension subframe bushings that's causing the squeaking. He sent me photos

Just wanted you guys educated opinions on if they actually look bad, and can be a source of rear suspension squeaking. Because I find that a bit hard to believe...

Posted the photos below thanks!

​​​

Last edited by FlyNikolai; 07-27-2020 at 02:35 PM.