CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 350 Stalling while driving/stopped/reversing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 350 2009
Exclamation CLK 350 Stalling while driving/stopped/reversing

Hi everyone, I have recently been having issues with my CLK 350 stalling while driving at various speeds/stopped at stop signs and even while reversing. When the car stalls, all the dash lights go on and the car losses its power to the engine. Every time this happens, I put the car in park and turn the key again and it always starts right back up with no problem and no check engine light. When I first purchased the car about 2 years ago, it stalled on me 2 times like this and I didn't think anything of it. After 2 years it never did it again until recently and now has gotten to the point it stall multiple times during the drive. I did some research and stumbled upon some threads pointing towards the crankshaft position sensor as a possible problem. I swapped the crankshaft with an OEM part from MB and still no fix. I have noticed the car feeling really sluggish once this started happening more and when it idles it idles roughly. It will have have a rumbling sound almost to the point of back firing but then calms down. My local mechanic instantly pointed out, as soon as I opened the hood, that it might be the ignition coils needing to be replaced as my car has hit the 100k mile mark. Wondering if anyone has any info on this issue and if going forward with the ignition coil replacement is a good direction in fixing the problem? Thank you