CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New Member / Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 E550 Cabriolet
Talking New Member / Owner

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I've been enjoying these forums for several months now and many of the posts have helped me decide on my purchase of an 05 CLK coupe.

Just picked up acouple of weeks ago a Capri Blue & Stone Interior w/ Sun Roof, heated seats, and CD changer. Have put a little over 500 miles on it so far and have nothing but positive marks for this car.
Although the car is still being broken-in, it feels like this car has so much torque and hp that it just wants to fly . Can't wait till the break-in is done so I can experience what this car really has to offer in performance.
To date I haven't experienced or noticed any of the problems that some of you have but if I do I know where to come for suggestions or answers.

I do have a question regarding options that I would have liked to get but didn't want to pay the high markups the dealer has on these options.
I'd like to get the handsfree phone option for a V60s Motorola and SIRIUS satellite radio. Can anyone suggest an aftermarket place where I can order this and have them installed in the NYC area.

Thanks in advance for you help and looking forward to future conversations with you folks on these forums.

Best Regards,

Roger
Old 01-06-2005, 11:09 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!!

I don't live in the NYC area so I can't help with the installation shop. I do have a question for you, does the center armrest storage ares either upper or lower have a light in them for 05? Car might have to be running and have the lights on to check.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2005, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
hey i can help you if you ever come by the brooklyn area, i know a couple of places let me know
Old 01-07-2005, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Welcome and congrats... .I have W209 Capri blue and stone interior...! Killer combonation. Just gotta keep it clean inside!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:05 PM

11 E550 Cabriolet
Hey all thanks for the kudo's.

RJC - Yes the center console has a light in the larger compartment. Didn't notice one in the top compartment.

clkcadet - Would be interested in knowing some of the places your talking about in Brooklyn.

x-titan-230k - Can you let me know what cleaners /conditioners / protectants you use on the interior. I a bit of a fanatic that likes to keep my vehicles immacculate and looking like new at all times. I'm currently thinking of using saddle soap and Meguiar's Gold Class leather conditioner on the interior and Gold Class clear coat liquid wax on the exterior.

Also are there any local Tri-State NY gatherings on a monthly or annual basis.

Rgds,

Roger
Old 01-08-2005, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Rhampar,

The interior cleaning is a *****. Especially on the passenger side. I mean you drive your vehicle so you are very careful when you getin and out of your car. You always have to constantly clean the stone cloth by your feet on the door. That constantly gets marked up with the soles of shoes. I use simple green for the carpeting and anything that needs a little bit of cleaning. For the leather I use Lexol cleaning products. The leather cleaner and conditioner works great. Keeps the leather clean and conditioned. I would recommend keeping some wet towelets or something that you can use to clean up those spots that need to be cleaned up right away. Also keep some moist hand towelets for you and your passenger just in case there hands are dirty. I know its a bit **** but you will see when your passenger marks up your beautiful stone interior! Also get your car Zaino'd. Best thing EVER! Good luck with you ride. I absolutely love my car!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
i have the stone interior as well, i keep some armor all leather wipes in my trunk but i am considering purchasing the lexol products to keep my seats clean, btw...how do you clean that area with the cloth i have the exact same problem,my side is nice and clean but the other side is a nightmare what product is good?

ps everyone should consider the invisible mats for covering the carpet i think theyre great especially in the winter time those stone mats are really hard to clean
Old 01-10-2005, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah the stone colored matts are a bi%$ch to clean. I have the BLACK all season mats that go ontop of the stone color matts. WHen i purchased my all season MB mats, they did not have the clear ones in stock. Anyways to answer your question, just purchase the producted called SIMPLE GREEN. Put it in a spray bottle and just spray directly on the cloth part, use an micro fiber cloth and rub away. The marks will go away in seconds. But i am telling you its impossible to keep that area perfect soooo just be ready to do the best that you can. But SIMPLE GREEN is a great product. ALso OXY CLEAN will do the job too. But oxy clean you have to mix a power with water and use it all up or else you will have to dump it out. SIMPLE GREEN you can just leave in the bottle for next time if you don't finish it....
Old 01-10-2005, 06:52 PM

11 E550 Cabriolet
Got the Lexol conditioner and cleaner for the interior. Have some questions on when to apply it.
I was wondering,,,
Do I need to wait till spring (warmer temps) in order to condition the leather or can I warm up the interior to 70deg and go ahead and apply?
Does Lexol darken the leather at all? Based on label it states there maybe a possiblility of this.
Also how often do you folks suggest conditioning the leather? (Heard too much of a good thing can actually damage the leather).

Finally I talked the dealer into throwing in the all-season mats. They gave me the black ones which I must say contrast nicely with the stone interior and clean up pretty easily.

Thanks,

Roger