CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Suspension upgrades???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK320
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I heard they are the same as the stock CLK55 sway bars. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, you are correct, the AMG sway bars are Eibach parts. I just bought the AMG parts last month (front and rear bar) they have the MB part number, The AMG logo, and the Eibach logo printed on them!

Interestinly, these parts have the W202 prefix, must have been first used on the C36 AMG.

The rear swaybar requires that the rear suspension sub-assembly be unbolted and lowered to change the part - found out when I tried to change it out myself.

Also, if you need to change your shocks - get the Bilstein sports. The AMG shocks are hideously expensive (at dealer prices), and you really can't find them in the aftermarket.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
Originally Posted by sick430
wow kind of wish i got the h&r ones now. hey BB have you done anything new to your suspension? i put my stock 17s on with 245 front and 265 back and it made a difference. my friend said the bigger the difference between the front and rear the more understeer you will have!
No rubbing with 245 up front? Still a 45 profile on the 17s? My research on other posts suggested that running 245s up front on any size rim is a no-no for the 208. Would be a nice cure to the understeer blues if we can do it!