CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Pulled the Trigger - Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold - CLK500
Pulled the Trigger - Sway Bars

So i currently have pss9 coilovers but found that i had to adjust them to around 7/8 to make the ride bareable.. this created bodyroll which i plan to fight with front and rear h&r's

My question is what settings do you have your sway bars on? i was told to start out in the middle (neutral) but right now my the rear end seems to slip when i hit corners hard and fast. This causes the esp to kick in!

I also upgraded to clk55 end links which are 12mm instead of my current 10mm, apparently it helps!

Any recommendations with regards to the settings on the bars?

This mod is the deciding factor - If the car cannot handle then i don't want to dump anymore money into it!

Mike

Last edited by mk4mike; 03-30-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by mk4mike
So i currently have pss9 coilovers but found that i had to adjust them to around 7/8 to make the ride bareable.. this created bodyroll which i plan to fight with front and rear h&r's

My question is what settings do you have your sway bars on? i was told to start out in the middle (neutral) but right now my the rear end seems to slip when i hit corners hard and fast. This causes the esp to kick in!

I also upgraded to clk55 end links which are 12mm instead of my current 10mm, apparently it helps!

Any recommendations with regards to the settings on the bars?

This mod is the deciding factor - If the car cannot handle then i don't want to dump anymore money into it!

Mike

yo mike how much u got ur sway? i'm still struggling if i should get it for my 55
Old 04-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold - CLK500
$500!

once there installed i'll report back if there worth it or not!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:12 AM

CLK63, CLK 55 kleemann, Nissan GTR N1
I installed PSS9 suspension on my CLK 55 Kleemann with CLK 63 sway bars.
This was chosen primarily because of the extra weight of the supercharger. The result was even on the second softest damping setting poor traction, as the car would not squat enough at the rear due to the very stiff rear springs.
I have added semi slicks which improved the situation slightly and there is a quaife diff ready to go in which will also improve the traction.
In the end I expect to have to get softer rear springs with more travel than the std PSS9 items which appear to be track oriented and only suitable for smooth flat streets.
If I did not have the weight of the supercharger to deal with i suspect it would be PSS9 in the bin.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
##

Kiwi - for best 1/4 mile performance would the stock suspension be best when installing a kleeman on the W209?

I know road race suspensions don't make the best 1/4 mile suspension.

THX>

Any pics of your kleeman car?

I'm considering doing the kleeman to my 04 clk55.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:28 AM

This is a high performance street car and as such needs to be able to go fast in a straight line as well as round corners.
My friend has a porsche turbo with PSS9 suspension that can be used for both street and track racing but unfortuneatly the CLK PSS9 will need some mods.

I will organize some pics in the next few days.
The Kleemann will give huge power gains exactly where you want them - at the traffic lights.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:36 AM

Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
Originally Posted by mk4mike
$500!

once there installed i'll report back if there worth it or not!
I'm running stock CLK500 Springs, but running Bilstein HD shocks and H&R Front/Rear Sway Bars and I noticed a big difference in the handling. WAY less body roll and WAY less understeer; I can't imagine how it handles with the PSS9s. Let us know how it turns out.

Originally Posted by KIWI KEN

Convertable, Black Series Wheels, Wood Grain Steering Wheel........KLEEMAN SUPERCHARGER!!! Very Clean, Very Nice!