CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Parking light swap to LED?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Parking light swap to LED?

Hi Guys,

I own a 2002 55, not too long ago I purchased some LED parking light replacement bulbs from JDMToys on eBay. The lights looked great for about an hour before they fried my wiring harness. It cost me about $150 to get all back in order w/ the orig bulbs put back. I do miss the look of those led's, the seller told me it must have been a faulty resistor that is rare.

Have any of you had luck with these, if so please advise where you got them? I am def not going to mess with these guys. Do not want to go through that experience again.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS63sAMG|CLK550Cabriolet
I installed these same LEDs from JDM for my license plate light and they have been working flawlessly for a month now.

Maybe the resistors were actually defective... with all auto parts there has to be a failure rate. .
Old 03-04-2013, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
I wanted to buy some E-bay LED replacement after buying a park lamp for 8 bucks at the dealer,
There are more and more complaints about the LED lamps anymore. They are in-compatible with lamp warning system and seem to burn out prematurely.
The 208/209 is nausiatngly nutorious for headlight wiring insulation rotting off.
The heat from xneon lamps is suspected. Plus poor material supplied by hella (ya didn't hear from me).
The LED is one of the most versatile semi conductors available for tech projects. Just not perfected for the aftermarket automotive environment yet.
Buyer beware.
Gator