CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Trunk Release Switch - Light stays on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 05:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
99 C43 AMG, 2001 CLK55 AMG
Trunk Release Switch - Light stays on

Hey All,
so as mentioned in the title, in the last couple weeks when i close my trunk the red indicator light on the release switch in the center console stays lit red as if its open still.
Im hoping theres some simple relay that needs to be replaced attached to the post at the bottom of the trunk lid that depresses when the trunk is closed? that seems to be a good place to find the issue, or would it be the switch itself at the console?

anyone had this happen before? i searched the forum and nothing came up.

i wanted to ask for advice on here first before i tried taking things apart or go to a shop.

thanks,
alan
Old 07-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
It's not a relay---it's the release assy.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Plutoe
It's not a relay---it's the release assy.
the assembly at the console/switch?
or at the trunk where the post/switch is?
Old 07-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Originally Posted by Dziner82
the assembly at the console/switch?
or at the trunk where the post/switch is?

You got me Bub, people pay me and my diagnostics for those correct answers.

My guess without the diagnostics is change em all
Old 07-31-2017, 02:07 PM

so as an update. about a week after the light was staying on on the console trunk release switch the push button release on the hatch stopped working as well.

I can still open the trunk by using the valet key in the catch, turning to 10:00 position then pushing in the button.

still need to get the light on the switch sorted out though. but thats on the back burner for sure.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK w208 200 kompressor
Originally Posted by Dziner82
so as an update. about a week after the light was staying on on the console trunk release switch the push button release on the hatch stopped working as well.

I can still open the trunk by using the valet key in the catch, turning to 10:00 position then pushing in the button.

still need to get the light on the switch sorted out though. but thats on the back burner for sure.
Hello!
I see it’s been quiet long ago but I can’t find anything else in the forum or in google so can you share your solution of this problem if you remember it. It happens to me last week I checked all the fuses and had fuse 5 blown, after replacing it the console trunk switch is working again but the light is still on.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Letherth
Hello!
I see it’s been quiet long ago but I can’t find anything else in the forum or in google so can you share your solution of this problem if you remember it. It happens to me last week I checked all the fuses and had fuse 5 blown, after replacing it the console trunk switch is working again but the light is still on.
Letherth,
yea this was a few years ago, i dont recall if i just had the shop fix it or not. my car has been just sitting in my garage due to COVID, so next time i go to start it up ill check the trunk switch, it very well may still not work. I dont usually like to chase down annoying little problems like that by checking fuses, wiring, etc if i dont absolutely need to, just because im too busy these days. ill try to give you an update later this week.