CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

My CLK63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 CLK63 AMG Coupe
My CLK63

My fiancée and I have really taken to our CLK350, so much that my OH refers to it as a 'she' due to its classic lines and refinement. I've owned and enjoyed two prior to the current one: a CLK270 CDi Coupe, and a CLK55 AMG Cabriolet. We've had the 350 a year now and covered 10k of enjoyable miles, and the car has been as good as gold, but as I pointed out in my CLK350 thread - as much as I like it, I've been hankering after a V8...

In truth one of the later 5.5 500's (388bhp) with the AMG pack (different exhaust and suspension) would have been perfectly fine, but they are very rare and the low mileage ones that have appeared made me think I may as well go a bit higher and get the CLK63 AMG - in black.

An C63 or C63 Coupe are at the same price point, but for me it has to be the CLK. A "'63" appeared for sale last week and it was the lowest mileage coupe I've seen at 37,000 miles; there weren't any photos but a call to the dealer revealed a bit of spec and a promise of excellent condition. Given the rarity of these things i.e. not many around, at that point the mileage, colour, and described condition led me to wonder that it may well be a particular UK car that was covered in a PH Carpool article back in 2011. It turned out to be just that car and the condition really can only be described as incredible; a credit to its three owners. There is the original plastic over the original mats, and pads on the seat belts to prevent them becoming dirty - I thought I was fastidious!

The interior colour ('Sand') is pretty unique on the '63. I haven't seen another with it and I love it against the black paintwork. The car has full MBSH and a big history file. Options-wise, it has:
* Bluetooth;
* COMAND / CD changer / aux in;
* Harmon/Kardon Logic7 sound system;
* Heated seats;
* Parktronic;
* Rear blind;
* Ski-bag;
* Sunroof;
* TV;
* Ventilated seats;
* Xenons with corner-lighting.

Things like the Luxury Climate Control, cruise, electric steering column, and electric memory seats were standard. The two things it doesn't have are Keyless go and Distronic radar based cruise. At one time I was really hankering after Keyless Go, but after what's going on with thefts at the moment it is now well off of my wish-list! I do want Distronic and plan to retrofit that in due course.

Anyway, this one is a keeper (I would have kept the current car if it had a V8) - I honestly don't yet know what could replace it.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 Mercedes CLK63 AMG
She really is beautiful....the coupe lines with no pillars are simply amazing.
The following users liked this post:
excursion (02-12-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Love the coupes, really loving the interior on yours....the USA didn't get any of coupes with the M156 (well, the Black Series we have), I wish they did bring them in..I'd drive one year round.

Thanks for sharing.
The following users liked this post:
excursion (03-07-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
I just wish they brought this car to the states. My life would be totally complete! I would trade my CLK350 and CL600 for one in seconds.