CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Up against the shop, need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 12:38 PM
R R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 sl32 amg. 05 clk55 amg. 01 brabus w210
Up against the shop, need help.

Try to make this short. Took wifes 04 clk55 to glass shop to replace a cracked windshield. Tech did not know how to operate top so I put top down for him and he replaced the glass. He pulls the car around and tells me the top just quit and wont go any farther. Top stopped after it hooked in the front with rear winshield vertical and boot 3/4 closed. Top switch flashing, information center flashing in red to latch top and regular message top in operation kept popping up (had to drive home like this). Got home and fiddled with the top and with force got the boot down and windshield all but latched and now no messages, no flashing lights, and no top operation at all. My immediate guess is it has something to do with windshield replacement given the stage it quit in, but glass shop took a second look and claim no fault. Any ideas or previous experience with sort of thing would sincerely be appreciated, the dealer in this area is reason to switch to another brand so that is really not an option. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Welcome aboard,
Does indeed sound like something has happened during the windscreen exchange.
Something loose ajar or damaged, The glass installer tried to append but may be unfamiliar with the electronics. I would seek an indy shop or top shop that is familiar with the car.
Perhaps a coincidence. You can study and search the forum for past advice in resetting the top controls. testing gets real invasive in the forum but some may have experienced this before.

Best Luck, Gator