MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry-92/)
-   -   The Modification We Have ALL Been Waiting For ! (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry/420674-modification-we-have-all-been-waiting.html)

WTDoom 10-26-2011 05:55 PM

The Modification We Have ALL Been Waiting For !

Please bare with me this is a long story .

I have loved her for ever . Sometimes I have been unfaithful , others have come and gone . She would stay at home , sad, unloved , un cherished while I partied with younger or older harlots . Yet she always stayed loyal and true , never even looking at another . We even separated for a while , but I couldn't stay away , I got her back . Every time I take her out though I am reminded of her stunning good looks , fantastic , loving , generous personality . So kind , so perfect so eager to please yet with a wicked naughty side . She deserves a special treat as my one true love , so I set out to get her the perfect gift .

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1242087370

I approached AMG performance studio and HWA in Affalterbach regarding the CLK Black serious ;) several months ago . I told them how much I loved the car , how fun it was , how easy to slide , how good on track yet good enough for regular use .

In short almost the perfect car .

I say almost because I have never really been completely convinced by the gearbox on track ( its perfect on the road ) . I think its fine in 99.9 per cent of situations and in many ways suits the big hearted nature of the car but in some instances ( in the wet at spa coming in to pouhon for example ) downshifts would slightly unbalance the car due to the lack of rev matching on downshifting ( or throttle blipping ) .

I wanted to see if any of them were bold enough to attempt to fix this issue for me . I made it clear that there were so many Black Serious owners that would almost kill to have this modification . Even for fun , imagine the noise of that mighty engine blip blip blipping down the box .

Now I know this has been covered on this forum before but forgive me I didnt want to just post this on the end of an old thread .

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/p..._6658JPG-1.jpg

Amg went away and came back with a no of sorts , citing cost , complication etc etc ( and the imminent arrival of the C coupe Black ) .

HWA were more interested but basically told me that they were now forbidden / unwilling to work on road cars .

I was heartbroken , until that is a friend with serious contacts at HWA got information from someone inside HWA about a tuner that I later found out is where many HWA and AMG engineers take their PERSONAL cars for modification .

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1302773172

I spoke to these guys in depth , sent a very detailed e mail outlining my goals and basically told them not to let finance get in the way of a result ( I know not the smartest thing to say to a tuner ) . I left it at that .

I then got an e mail saying in September most the engineers used for " special projects " were away and could I please be patient for a while . Ho hum thought I .

September came and went ...

I thought that perhaps things were not going to move forward and began to forget about it , slightly annoyed that they hadn't even told me the project was not possible .

Then , very recently they contacted me .

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/ADV_1346.jpg

Gentlemen apparently they have cracked it . With what is a mixture of mechanical and software modification . They sent a very reasonable quote and are awaiting the car at their premises .

This will transform the car for me and will overnight make obsolete the upcoming C Coupe black series ( at least to me ) .Finally the Mighty Black Serious will have the gearbox and software ( described as blipping perfectly on downshifts and very slightly faster shifting ) it has always deserved .

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/p...MG_6794JPG.jpg

Sod the performance IMAGINE THE NOISE !!!!

My car will be shipped to Germany as soon as it comes back from the bodyshop ( Im having some stone chips and stuff removed ) where it will stay for 3 to 4 weeks and return as the very Bloody Serious !

I will keep you all posted but I am very confident we have cracked it !

p.s unlike the performance studio they will work on any clk black ;)

jrcart 10-26-2011 05:59 PM

Cliffs Notes version....you're getting matched rev downshifts? AWESOME! Keep us posted.

Have they cracked the entire TCU? Please PM me details.

B.Wayne 10-26-2011 07:28 PM

please keep us updated!

elijah 10-26-2011 07:55 PM

Sounds mighty interesting!

Pistolero 10-26-2011 07:55 PM

Subscribed.

ILuv4REs 10-26-2011 08:04 PM

Throttle matching downshift blips are awesome! My Ferrari Challenge Stradale does this with a noise that is insane, and really makes the driving experience much better than paddle shift cars without this feature. Anxious to hear the outcome of the update!!

Maverick1975 10-26-2011 09:22 PM

Oh sweet Jesus, I am almost sexually aroused.
This is a must have,
Great stuff!!

Maverick1975 10-26-2011 09:26 PM

Will this tuner be able to do this install on overseas cars using third party workshop? I can't spend $10,000 sending my car to Germany on top of the mod cost

_AMG_ 10-26-2011 09:30 PM

MCT transmission?

RBM-CLK 10-26-2011 10:35 PM

Drooling at the possibility!

jrcart 10-26-2011 11:48 PM

Why does AMG force us to figure this stuff out on our own when they have all the answers and resources available? Do they not realize what a good marketing tool a handful of us entthusiests worldwide are to them??? Do they realize the look on people faces when I show up with my modded BS at a Porsche Club event and it mops up just about every P car at the event and there are dozens of people surronding the car and asking questions about it from the moment I arive to the moment I leave. Do they know the looks I get when I show up at a drag strip dominated by american muscle cars and suprise the heck out of EVERYONE in attendance at the track that day when I run a 10 second 1/4 mile? Do they know the suprise on peoples faces when they see Keiths/Dads63's car run 185 plus at a standing mile event such as the Top Gun Run or Texas Mile??? Do they care??? I know for a fact me and my car have sold AMG's....why can't they return the favor. I'm not asking for sponsorship, I'm not asking for money or handouts, hell, I will pay a premium for stuff if they would just be a little more open with us and offer some special "motorsports" stuff. Even BMW is offering this stuff now. 3 years ago a group of us got together and begged AMG to retrofit our BS's with matched rev downshifts, we offered to pay for it but it never happened. What does it take to get their attention??? AMG, if you're listening, there are a handful of us "pioneers" out here buying your product, modding your product, racing/tracking your product and pushing your product to extremes on our own dime....throw us a bone once in a while, could ya?

Here's a perfect example, I am trying to purchase a new 2013 C63 BS, I already have a commitment from a MAJOR magazine and a very popular automotive TV show that want to do a cover story and feature on my modded C63 Black Series but I can even get answers from MB as to what color I can order. Hey AMG, throw me a bone here, I'm handing you millions of dollars in free marketing but I can't even get an answer on if I can order one in Alubeam Silver? Am I missing something here?

Sorry if I hijacked your thread slightly but it sounds like you have jumped through some of the same hoops.

Maverick1975 10-27-2011 01:27 AM

Throttle blipping = BLack Series nirvana.

WTDoom 10-27-2011 07:44 AM

Holy Multiquote Batman !

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4891202)
Cliffs Notes version....you're getting matched rev downshifts? AWESOME! Keep us posted.

Have they cracked the entire TCU? Please PM me details.

Right , they are being a bit cagey with the information ( perhaps understandably ) all i have been able to get out of them is that there is " a small mechanical " modification involved as well as software .
all their work is TUV and all engine work is covered by a 2 year warranty so I am expecting great things .
Ill name them once they ok me to do so ( I think that when I get the car back ) .

Originally Posted by B.Wayne (Post 4891323)
please keep us updated!

i will fear not

Originally Posted by elijah (Post 4891377)
Sounds mighty interesting!

i am so excited i can barely sleep .

Originally Posted by Pistolero (Post 4891381)
Subscribed.

ill add news as and when i get it !

Originally Posted by ILuv4REs (Post 4891400)
Throttle matching downshift blips are awesome! My Ferrari Challenge Stradale does this with a noise that is insane, and really makes the driving experience much better than paddle shift cars without this feature. Anxious to hear the outcome of the update!!

indeed

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4891529)
Oh sweet Jesus, I am almost sexually aroused.
This is a must have,
Great stuff!!

it is fantastic news , i must say .

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4891539)
Will this tuner be able to do this install on overseas cars using third party workshop? I can't spend $10,000 sending my car to Germany on top of the mod cost

I will send send them an e mail and ask this FYI the gearbox mod is 5900 EU not including vat .

Originally Posted by _AMG_ (Post 4891544)
MCT transmission?

no its the same gearbox

Originally Posted by RBM-CLK (Post 4891626)
Drooling at the possibility!

me too

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4891726)
Why does AMG force us to figure this stuff out on our own when they have all the answers and resources available? Do they not realize what a good marketing tool a handful of us entthusiests worldwide are to them??? Do they realize the look on people faces when I show up with my modded BS at a Porsche Club event and it mops up just about every P car at the event and there are dozens of people surronding the car and asking questions about it from the moment I arive to the moment I leave. Do they know the looks I get when I show up at a drag strip dominated by american muscle cars and suprise the heck out of EVERYONE in attendance at the track that day when I run a 10 second 1/4 mile? Do they know the suprise on peoples faces when they see Keiths/Dads63's car run 185 plus at a standing mile event such as the Top Gun Run or Texas Mile??? Do they care??? I know for a fact me and my car have sold AMG's....why can't they return the favor. I'm not asking for sponsorship, I'm not asking for money or handouts, hell, I will pay a premium for stuff if they would just be a little more open with us and offer some special "motorsports" stuff. Even BMW is offering this stuff now. 3 years ago a group of us got together and begged AMG to retrofit our BS's with matched rev downshifts, we offered to pay for it but it never happened. What does it take to get their attention??? AMG, if you're listening, there are a handful of us "pioneers" out here buying your product, modding your product, racing/tracking your product and pushing your product to extremes on our own dime....throw us a bone once in a while, could ya?

Here's a perfect example, I am trying to purchase a new 2013 C63 BS, I already have a commitment from a MAJOR magazine and a very popular automotive TV show that want to do a cover story and feature on my modded C63 Black Series but I can even get answers from MB as to what color I can order. Hey AMG, throw me a bone here, I'm handing you millions of dollars in free marketing but I can't even get an answer on if I can order one in Alubeam Silver? Am I missing something here?

Sorry if I hijacked your thread slightly but it sounds like you have jumped through some of the same hoops.

Dont worry , thread not hijacked at all . My understanding is rightly or wrongly AMG do not like their cars modified ( in fact even HWA are " forbidden " to work on road cars now !) . As bizzare as this may sound .
On my recent trip to Affalterbach I finally saw just how small an operation AMG actually are . They make porsche look like Ford !
I know that my issues with the black could not be solved by them for ( among other things ) actual time and staff restraints .
Even the fabled " Performance Studio " is very limited in what they can do . I gave them an open cheque and all they could really offer me was some cosmetic and trim modifications .

As for the C Coupe black , I completely share your pain . I have had a letter of intent for over a year with AMG and am almost in the same predicament , in this case it genuinely is the case that the product is too new and they genuinely dont know the answer .

However we seem to get info a little earlier than Stateside so if there is anything I can help the members here with It would be my pleasure to ask .
If i get an answer is another matter altogether !
As for Alubeam , my sls is alubeam and its gorgeous but takes a great deal of looking after and can look almost golden / bronze in some light . I am not sure i would order a car in this colour again !
Take care .

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4891825)

Heaven !

jrcart 10-27-2011 11:42 AM

What kind of lap times did the 68 Mustang in your photo number 5 put down? Is that a resto-mod with coil-overs and such or is it sporting 1960's OE running gear?

WTDoom 10-27-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4892256)
What kind of lap times did the 67 Mustang in your photo number 2 put down? Is that a resto-mod with coil-overs and such or is it sporting 1960's OE running gear?

Im not sure , I was at spa with the CGT and Black Series . It was only a trackday . The car in question was a historic racer of some sorts . It was so lovely to listen too but I didnt ask about times Im afraid .
Was VERY tail happy though and had a few issues if I remember rightly .
Im pretty sure this Vid was taken from that day ( its me and a friend playing around a bit towards the end of a session ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3v4axoBqoI

would be so cool to get lots of Black's there pity you are all so far away :(

mfncl63 10-28-2011 10:35 AM

thanks much for your perseverance! Will be waiting for the updates

NYC_Z06 10-28-2011 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4891825)

...and warranty invalidation, no doubt.

Maverick1975 10-28-2011 05:27 PM

Most warranties will have expired given car is made in 08. I have supercharged mine so I couldn't care less about warranty.

NYC_Z06 10-28-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4894527)
Most warranties will have expired given car is made in 08. I have supercharged mine so I couldn't care less about warranty.

With exetnded warrantys in the states, I think you can go out as far as 2014 with coverage from MB NA. You've already gone "all in" so to speak, so I agree that for you, it's not an issue. Enjoy.

Maverick1975 10-28-2011 07:38 PM

Throttle blipping would be totally worth busting your warranty ! I have been waiting a long time for this to be made technically possible.
I just hope it really pans out.

WTDoom 10-30-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4894681)
Throttle blipping would be totally worth busting your warranty ! I have been waiting a long time for this to be made technically possible.

I must admit to feeling the same way , I may as well have it mildly tuned and sod the warranty completely ;) :y

mellowyellow 10-31-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4894681)

Ditto!

WTDoom - this is great news, looking forward to the results...

WTDoom 10-31-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by mellowyellow (Post 4898032)
Ditto!

WTDoom - this is great news, looking forward to the results...

Ill keep you posted ,btw i have e mailed them asking about working on USA cars and the logistics involved .

ill let you know asap :y

fatmike 10-31-2011 08:44 PM

Can't wait to hear more info, especially about US cars. thanks for putting in the work!

gestut 10-31-2011 09:42 PM

that is awsome news, hope this can be done in the US, like a group buy or something..

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 4898186)
Ill keep you posted ,btw i have e mailed them asking about working on USA cars and the logistics involved .

ill let you know asap :y

Maverick1975 10-31-2011 10:03 PM

Don't forget Australia ! We have 32 black series down under !

BenzoBoi 10-31-2011 10:36 PM

Exciting new for some BS owners! :naughty:

TeamF1Jr 11-01-2011 07:57 PM

Thanks for taking action on what so many Black owners want. I remember on the AMG Private Lounge chat about 2 years ago I asked an AMG rep if every Black owner kicked in $1000.00 for R&D and download would that cover the cost and they pretty much shot the idea down. It truly is the only thing lacking on the car. I too would pay for it, but being in the USA it would have to be something a local shop could do.

Maverick1975 11-13-2011 07:30 PM

Any news to report here? Is car in Germany yet??

WTDoom 11-14-2011 07:24 PM

Thanks again for the kind words of encouragement . Th ecar is back here now from the bodyshop ( well it will be tomorrow morning ) and it will be off to Germany by the end of the week .
Fingers crossed .

Maverick1975 11-14-2011 09:52 PM

Thanks for the update. I pray nightly for the success of your venture!

WTDoom 11-15-2011 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4917669)
Thanks for the update. I pray nightly for the success of your venture!

Cheers Maverick1975 car leaves thu morning arrives on site fri morning !:)

gestut 11-16-2011 12:28 AM

good luck, thats pretty fast, is it getting flown in?

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 4919027)
Cheers Maverick1975 car leaves thu morning arrives on site fri morning !:)

WTDoom 11-16-2011 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by gestut (Post 4919463)
good luck, thats pretty fast, is it getting flown in?

no , im in the uk so its only a few hours away .

jrcart 11-16-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 4919560)
no , im in the uk so its only a few hours away .

You gotta love Europe, you can hit 3 countrties in an afternoon drive, in the US you can drive through Texas from east to west for 1.5 days and California north to south can take 2 days depending on route and traffic LOL.

AMGHans 11-16-2011 10:19 AM

@ WTDoom
Will be closely following your updates. I live in the Netherlands (a.k.a. Holland), the tuner where you're having yr BS updated/upgraded could be of interest to me also.

Maverick1975 11-16-2011 04:32 PM

Maybe we should assemble a headcount of people who are ex-Europe who would like to see an option to purchase this upgrade shoud it in fact work. Would be good to go these guys and say hey, there are a dozen customers already and waiting lets make a deal.

1. Maverick1975 in

jrcart 11-16-2011 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4920537)
Maybe we should assemble a headcount of people who are ex-Europe who would like to see an option to purchase this upgrade shoud it in fact work. Would be good to go these guys and say hey, there are a dozen customers already and waiting lets make a deal.

1. Maverick1975 in

I'm in if there's a way to get it here in the states.

TeamF1Jr 11-16-2011 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4920942)
I'm in if there's a way to get it here in the states.

Count me in as another USA customer who wants it.

Eitan1 11-17-2011 05:31 PM

I would also do the upgrade. Count me in.

RBM-CLK 11-17-2011 07:15 PM

I'm in.

ecampbell 11-17-2011 09:45 PM

And me

wonsuk_utmb 11-18-2011 07:27 AM

Me too.

fatmike 11-18-2011 10:30 AM

Most likely

spifffs 11-18-2011 11:58 AM

without a doubt IN!

hughes369 11-18-2011 04:27 PM

i"m in.

Maverick1975 11-18-2011 04:53 PM

I am no genius but by my calculations that's 10!!

jrcart 11-18-2011 09:26 PM

I'm sure Luke will be in too, but he's banned from here. He's been wanting this since day one.

jrcart 11-18-2011 09:31 PM

I think the logistics is going to make it very difficult. If they are doing this the way I think they are doing this I assume they need hardware/special ODB tool to do this. I doubt they are going tolet the tool out of their site. If this becomes reality and we want it here in the states I would assume they would have to do on-site regional tunes. Either that or each one of us foot the bill not only for the tune itself but to fly the tech to each of our home towns.

Don't hold me to that quote but I'm fearful that's going to be the reality, either that or they set up US distributors/resellers that can purchase the hardware/tool.

TeamF1Jr 11-20-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4924079)
I think the logistics is going to make it very difficult. If they are doing this the way I think they are doing this I assume they need hardware/special ODB tool to do this. I doubt they are going tolet the tool out of their site. If this becomes reality and we want it here in the states I would assume they would have to do on-site regional tunes. Either that or each one of us foot the bill not only for the tune itself but to fly the tech to each of our home towns.

Don't hold me to that quote but I'm fearful that's going to be the reality, either that or they set up US distributors/resellers that can purchase the hardware/tool.

Hell I'd be happy if they bring the tool along and do a scheduled installation "tour" and have stops on the West and East coasts so us owners can make plans ahead of time to visit the shops they'll be at.

gestut 11-20-2011 09:27 PM

+1 on that jim, i would do it if its local, also what about support incase something doesnt work later, will need more details, and testing as well, how much testing have they done.. also we all should look in to a group buy, not sure if it is appropriate here. Also what is that hardware they are adding.

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4924079)

loungn14 11-21-2011 09:43 PM

how sweet.....for sure one of the only things that car is missing...

I wonder if I can contact the company that is doing the tcu tuning and resell....we most likely have all the hardware to do the programming as we do the other amg's just don't have a file for the black.

jrcart 11-21-2011 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14 (Post 4927818)
how sweet.....for sure one of the only things that car is missing...

I wonder if I can contact the company that is doing the tcu tuning and resell....we most likely have all the hardware to do the programming as we do the other amg's just don't have a file for the black.

Make a call...you know where you can find me.

Maverick1975 12-05-2011 03:14 AM

Are there any developments on this front?

WTDoom 12-05-2011 10:25 AM

Car is there now , im at Affalterbach to spec my c 63 coupe black series and will be popping in to visit the car and get update .
ill have the car back in january .

shuttie 12-07-2011 12:11 AM

Im in Fingers Crossed for a good result

[quote=Maverick1975;4920537]Maybe we should assemble a headcount of people who are ex-Europe who would like to see an option to purchase this upgrade shoud it in fact work. Would be good to go these guys and say hey, there are a dozen customers already and waiting lets make a deal.

1. Maverick1975 in
2.Shuttie in
4.Im in always annoyed me we couldnt pay to get what we wanted from AMG
Like most of us the attention on the track is good for AMG.:) It seems harder in Australia

AMGHans 12-07-2011 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 4946364)
Car is there now , im at Affalterbach to spec my c 63 coupe black series and will be popping in to visit the car and get update .
ill have the car back in january .

If you own a CLK BS already, why would you buy a C BS also ? You're planning to collect the entire BS-range ? :rolf:

transferred 12-07-2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by AMGHans (Post 4949884)
If you own a CLK BS already, why would you buy a C BS also ? You're planning to collect the entire BS-range ? :rolf:

Not sure what you find so funny about a current CLK owner wanting the latest and greatest offering from the AMGBS performance arm....

WT Doom- look forward to hearing your review and updates.

WTDoom 12-07-2011 07:31 PM

No , only the CLK , C coupe and SLS variants .

Originally Posted by transferred (Post 4950890)
WT Doom- look forward to hearing your review and updates.

Ill keep you posted , will have more news in a week .

jrcart 12-07-2011 08:45 PM

I've got one on order as well. I could give you a list as long as my arm as to why I'm going to buy another BS but I will list only the top coupe reasons.

1) the CLK BS is one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

2) the CLK BS was/is very impressive and the new C63 BS looks to be even more impressive.

3) the new C63 BS is a relative bargain at $105k base and $140K fully loaded including desgno paint option. The one I ordered actually priced out a couple thousand bucks less than my 2008 including the $14k CF and Aero pkg and $7k track package.

AMGHans 12-08-2011 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4951205)
I've got one on order as well. I could give you a list as long as my arm as to why I'm going to buy another BS but I will list only the top coupe reasons.

1) the CLK BS is one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

2) the CLK BS was/is very impressive and the new C63 BS looks to be even more impressive.

3) the new C63 BS is a relative bargain at $105k base and $140K fully loaded including desgno paint option. The one I ordered actually priced out a couple thousand bucks less than my 2008 including the $14k CF and Aero pkg and $7k track package.

Had a close look at spex of the C BS, which in the departments that matter (horsepower, torque, power-to-weight ratio etc.) seems to suggest they are materially the same as those of the CLK BS, there donot seem to be any noteworthy differences between the two. Why are you considering the C BS could/would be "even more impressive" ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking you this to nag you, just curious. :)

Maverick1975 12-08-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by AMGHans (Post 4951735)
Had a close look at spex of the C BS, which in the departments that matter (horsepower, torque, power-to-weight ratio etc.) seems to suggest they are materially the same as those of the CLK BS, there donot seem to be any noteworthy differences between the two. Why are you considering the C BS could/would be "even more impressive" ?

A new generation gearbox with throttle blipping is one extraordinary improvement, the importance of which just cannot be overestimated. Throw in an additional 4 years worth of technological advancements in all sorts of areas and you have your answers

AMGHans 12-08-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4951815)
A new generation gearbox with throttle blipping is one extraordinary improvement, the importance of which just cannot be overestimated. Throw in an additional 4 years worth of technological advancements in all sorts of areas and you have your answers

Seems we have different views on the significance of the improvements on the C BS vs the CLK BS, I consider them rather marginal. Unless the car would be run in some sort of competition/championship, where every 1/10 of a second counts.

And for throttle blipping : WTDoom apparently found a way to get a CLK BS up-to-date in that department. Such update only costs a fraction of a new C BS. Works for me. :D

jrcart 12-08-2011 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by AMGHans (Post 4951735)

First off, I just want a new car and I have personal reasons for wanting another BS. My oldest son (4 yrs old now) will be getting my CLK when he is old and mature enough to handle it and my youngest son will be getting the C63 BS.

I'm not sure what you were looking at but the info I have in my possesion from MB/AMG says the car is a couple hundred pounds lighter, slight increase of power output, lighter forged engine internals far better aero package and it lapped the Ring a rumored 7.5 seconds faster than the old CLK BS(there are lots of Ring number being tossed around on this forum as well as other online sites but the 7.5 number seems legit)

...oh ya, and it has a back up camera :rolf:

AMGHans 12-08-2011 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4952133)
First off, I just want a new car and I have personal reasons for wanting another BS. My oldest son (4 yrs old now) will be getting my CLK when he is old and mature enough to handle it and my youngest son will be getting the C63 BS.

I'm not sure what you were looking at but the info I have in my possesion from MB/AMG says the car is a couple hundred pounds lighter, slight increase of power output, lighter forged engine internals far better aero package and it lapped the Ring a rumored 7.5 seconds faster than the old CLK BS(there are lots of Ring number being tossed around on this forum as well as other online sites but the 7.5 number seems legit)

Re weight : will (re)check the official brochure for the European version of the C BS at home tonite, but think the difference with the CLK BS is about 60 KILOS or 3.5 percent. That's equivalent to about 130 lbs, right ?

The C BS has 10 more horsepower (517 vs 507) and 20 Nm less torque (620 vs 630). That translates into a 0,1 sec better 0-100 km/h time (4.2 vs 4.3 seconds). Don't know what the effect on the Nurburg-laptime is.

As to yr sons : what if it appears over time they don't share yr enthousiasm for BSs and prefer to have Porsches / Corvettes / Lambo's instead . . . ? :rolf: the horror . . . !

jrcart 12-08-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by AMGHans (Post 4952191)
Re weight : will (re)check the official brochure for the European version of the C BS at home tonite, but think the difference with the CLK BS is about 60 KILOS or 3.5 percent. That's equivalent to about 130 lbs, right ?

The C BS has 10 more horsepower (517 vs 507) and 20 Nm less torque (620 vs 630). That translates into a 0,1 sec better 0-100 km/h time (4.2 vs 4.3 seconds). Don't know what the effect on the Nurburg-laptime is.

As to yr sons : what if it appears over time they don't share yr enthousiasm for BSs and prefer to have Porsches / Corvettes / Lambo's instead . . . ? :rolf: the horror . . . !

Well their grandpa is into Corvettes and if they don't like the BS's they can buy their own cars I guess. As for Lambos, they are smarter than that, they don't even like Lambo toys LOL.

SMP 12-08-2011 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4952133)

I doubt that ... especially the US version. Since it comes standard with a panoramic roof, which will add about a 150 pounds at the highest point of the car, it's not going to be a great handler either. No matter how much more grip the newly developed Dunlop's will provide, or how much downforce the new aero package will produce, at the track it's all about weight and a low center of gravity. As usual, Europeans will get the better car.

However, knowing you, the roof will be replaced with carbon fiber and the stock seats which offer zero lateral support will be exchanged.

As for Ring' times ... it will be faster than the CLK. No doubt, but only with a car that has all the right equipment. Preliminary factory lap times for the 'Ring and Laguna Seca are, well preliminary and in my opinion very optimistic. There is a video floating around here somewhere where the C63 BS follows an SLS at Laguna. It can keep up, but it's nowhere near the same level as the SLS ... granted the SLS was driven by Jochen Mass, but he's also 65 years old!

AMG Dictator 12-08-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by SMP (Post 4952493)
I doubt that ... especially the US version. Since it comes standard with a panoramic roof, which will add about a 150 pounds at the highest point of the car, it's not going to be a great handler either. No matter how much more grip the newly developed Dunlop's will provide, or how much downforce the new aero package will produce, at the track it's all about weight and a low center of gravity. As usual, Europeans will get the better car.

However, knowing you, the roof will be replaced with carbon fiber and the stock seats which offer zero lateral support will be exchanged.

As for Ring' times ... it will be faster than the CLK. No doubt, but only with a car that has all the right equipment. Preliminary factory lap times for the 'Ring and Laguna Seca are, well preliminary and in my opinion very optimistic. There is a video floating around here somewhere where the C63 BS follows an SLS at Laguna. It can keep up, but it's nowhere near the same level as the SLS ... granted the SLS was driven by Jochen Mass, but he's also 65 years old!

I really do love reading all the expert comments on this site.

So, since the car will have a pano roof you have writen it off as a good handler? I beg to differ with your thought process, much more mechanical grip and much more downforce can easily overcome a slightly higher center of gravity.

Sure the Europeans will get a better car as it will have a slightly lower center of gravity and will be a bit lighter. But this has been going on at Porsche with the RS for ever.

For 99.9% of us out there, Driving School will be way more important than the pano roof in our lap times.

I don't understand, If the C Black can keep up with an SLS at Laguna Seca driven by Jochen Mass, how is that not impressive? Who was driving the C Black and where can we see he video?

I am happy the car is coming pano roof or not and I expect it will be a better car than my 3 year old CLK Black. Just call me crazy.

This coming from a guy that now feels bad about calling his kid ugly.

:zoom:

AMG Dictator 12-08-2011 03:46 PM

Found the video, Im not impressed either as this looks like a journalist on a press drive. Can't tell anything about the C Black compared to the SLS.

Looks like a 1:42 lap booooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjE9u...Q&feature=plcp

SMP 12-08-2011 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by AMG Dictator (Post 4952576)
I really do love reading all the expert comments on this site.

So, since the car will have a pano roof you have writen it off as a good handler? I beg to differ with your thought process, much more mechanical grip and much more downforce can easily overcome a slightly higher center of gravity.

Sure the Europeans will get a better car as it will have a slightly lower center of gravity and will be a bit lighter. But this has been going on at Porsche with the RS for ever.

For 99.9% of us out there, Driving School will be way more important than the pano roof in our lap times.

I don't understand, If the C Black can keep up with an SLS at Laguna Seca driven by Jochen Mass, how is that not impressive? Who was driving the C Black and where can we see he video?

I am happy the car is coming pano roof or not and I expect it will be a better car than my 3 year old CLK Black. Just call me crazy.

This coming from a guy that now feels bad about calling his kid ugly.

Well, I'm not impressed by you, a kid, who gets his information from the internet. I already called you out once, remember, never heard from you again. This time, before you reply, make sure you want to travel down this road again. Last time you sent me a PM because you couldn't stand the heat. How old are you again? Exactly!

I owned a few Porsche's ... but they NEVER produced a GT3 RS with a targa roof. Get it? Nothing, and I mean nothing will compensate for weight, especially at the highest point of the car when it comes to handling. I emphasize on handling, as horse power/torque will compensate for straight line acceleration.

AMG Dictator 12-08-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by SMP (Post 4952645)
Well, I'm not impressed by you, a kid, who gets his information from the internet. I already called you out once, remember, never heard from you again. This time, before you reply, make sure you want to travel down this road again. Last time you sent me a PM because you couldn't stand the heat. How old are you again? Exactly!

I owned a few Porsche's ... but they NEVER produced a GT3 RS with a targa roof. Get it? Nothing, and I mean nothing will compensate for weight, especially at the highest point of the car when it comes to handling. I emphasize on handling, as horse power/torque will compensate for straight line acceleration.

Is that you again? How sweet of you to remember. What exactly are you going to call me out on this time? Same as last time, all I do is offer my opinions. I'm so sorry that I must have hit a nerve as I dared to challenge one of your opinions on a forum.

Do you even read my posts before you comment? I never said or implied that Porsche made a targa GT3 RS. I said lower center of gravity and lighter as in racing seats and plexi rear windows for other markets while we get the porkier versions.

Sure, no ammount of grip or downforce will overcome mounting a 1000 pound weight on the top of the roof of a C Black. But we are not talking about that much weight are we. Do we even know what the pano roof ads in weight to the C Black? Nope. Do we all agree that adding weight to the top of the car is the worst possible place? Yes. Does the Pano roof mean the C Black won't handle well? You say yes, I say no. The only real reference we have is the C63 Coupe and at the AMG Driving Academy it handled pretty well and it had a Pano roof so I can only imagine this will handle much better.

Last time I sent you a PM because you were acting like a child and I thought the forum was better spared the drama but since you thrive on it. This time I will save the PM, you are acting like a child again.

If your thoughts are that I am a little kid and that I don't own a CLK Black, then I will make you the same offer that I made the last time someone tried to call me out. I'll be happy to prove it but if I do, the moderators close your account and you never post here again. If I can't, the moderators can close my account and I will never post on mbworld again.

Have a great afternoon! :naughty:

Back to your regularly scheduled discussions. Nothing to see here.

SMP 12-08-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by AMG Dictator (Post 4952783)
Is that you again? How sweet of you to remember. What exactly are you going to call me out on this time? Same as last time, all I do is offer my opinions. I'm so sorry that I must have hit a nerve as I dared to challenge one of your opinions on a forum.

Do you even read my posts before you comment? I never said or implied that Porsche made a targa GT3 RS. I said lower center of gravity and lighter as in racing seats and plexi rear windows for other markets while we get the porkier versions.

Sure, no ammount of grip or downforce will overcome mounting a 1000 pound weight on the top of the roof of a C Black. But we are not talking about that much weight are we. Do we even know what the pano roof ads in weight to the C Black? Nope. Do we all agree that adding weight to the top of the car is the worst possible place? Yes. Does the Pano roof mean the C Black won't handle well? You say yes, I say no. The only real reference we have is the C63 Coupe and at the AMG Driving Academy it handled pretty well and it had a Pano roof so I can only imagine this will handle much better.

Last time I sent you a PM because you were acting like a child and I thought the forum was better spared the drama but since you thrive on it. This time I will save the PM, you are acting like a child again.

If your thoughts are that I am a little kid and that I don't own a CLK Black, then I will make you the same offer that I made the last time someone tried to call me out. I'll be happy to prove it but if I do, the moderators close your account and you never post here again. If I can't, the moderators can close my account and I will never post on mbworld again.

Have a great afternoon! :naughty:

Back to your regularly scheduled discussions. Nothing to see here.

We have a deal!

But you never came through the last time, so I guess this time it's not going to be any different :rolleyes:.

jrcart 12-08-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by SMP (Post 4952493)

roof is going to be the first thing on the list to get upgraded. It will have a full cf roof just like my CLK. I'm eyeing the Sparco DTM seats that Brad has listed, I have the same seats in my CLK and I like them. As for the Ring times I was only attempting to point out some improvement over the CLK.Bottom line the new C BS is a bargain IMO and I need a new project.

jrcart 12-08-2011 07:07 PM

I think this is the first time I have not be involved in a "call out challenge" LOL.

But let's get back to that video, thanks for posting. Is is just me or does it appear the BS is severly outbraking the SLS but then getting owned on exit? His entrance appears impressive but he must be scrubbing too much speed or something because he's getting pulled hard.

SMP 12-08-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4952922)
roof is going to be the first thing on the list to get upgraded. It will have a full cf roof just like my CLK. I'm eyeing the Sparco DTM seats that Brad has listed, I have the same seats in my CLK and I like them. As for the Ring times I was only attempting to point out some improvement over the CLK.Bottom line the new C BS is a bargain IMO and I need a new project.

I knew you would ... it will make a big difference, as you know. Not sure if you sat in a C63 BS yet, but the stock seats are straight out of a C63 coupe and offer no lateral support, so the Sparco's will make a world of difference. I noticed that the C has a roomier interior and you shouldn't have the same challenges you were facing in the CLK. Also, look into getting some CF piece for the center console, as the stock one is black plastic and looks rather odd

I think the C63 BS is a great car, was just pointing out the few shortcomings it will come with from the factory. Congrats on your order!

WTDoom 12-08-2011 07:45 PM

update

Unfortunately I just got news from the shop . The car is a total write off , not sure about the insurance implications yet .

WTDoom 12-08-2011 07:47 PM

unfortunately we will never know what happened or if it worked as the secret of the modification was in the engineers head and he was hurt in the car and now has amnesia ( apparently he thinks he is Marilyn Monroe ) .

the most terrible aspect of this horrible incident is that his 3 goldfish odin , crom and lucifer were in the car at the time and boiled to death in their own water . poor little fishies :(

Carac 12-08-2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 4953005)
unfortunately we will never know what happened or if it worked as the secret of the modification was in the engineers head and he was hurt in the car and now has amnesia ( apparently he thinks he is Marilyn Monroe ) .

the most terrible aspect of this horrible incident is that his 3 goldfish odin , crom and lucifer were in the car at the time and boiled to death in their own water . poor little fishies :(

...oh no, he finally snapped.

jrcart 12-08-2011 07:58 PM

I'm lost

_AMG_ 12-08-2011 07:59 PM

Jrcart, congrats on adding another beast to the stable!
I'm sure the C63BS will be just as insane as your CLK. :bow:
Btw which color did you get?

SMP 12-08-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4953027)
I'm lost

It's 2AM in Germany ;) ... his way of telling us how relevant the previous few posts are.

jrcart 12-08-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by _AMG_ (Post 4953028)
Jrcart, congrats on adding another beast to the stable!
I'm sure the C63BS will be just as insane as your CLK. :bow:
Btw which color did you get?

Fire Opal Red

Scratch that...I was just notified by my dealership this morning that MB will not be producing Fire Opal Red for the U.S. market, they are now offering Mars Red instead, looks like I will be getting Mars Red.

jrcart 12-08-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by SMP (Post 4953029)
It's 2AM in Germany ;) ... his way of telling us how relevant the previous few posts are.

LOL
This thread did get derailed badly. How did the topic change from a TCU mod to the new C BS? There are a couple other C BS thread...oh well

_AMG_ 12-08-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4953043)
Fire Opal Red

Nice, looking forward to the pics.

AMGHans 12-09-2011 06:37 AM

For anyone interested in facts :

- Kerbweight of the C BS as per the official brochure (MB ref 012.02-00/0811) :

As per DIN (ze german enzeneers norm, including fueltank 90% filled) : 1635 kilos.
Deducting abt 45 kilos (60 litres at an S.G. of abt 0,74) the net empty weight of
the C BS is 1590 kilos, which is 70 kilos (abt 154 lbs.) less than the CLK BS.

*note :
The european version doesNOT come standard with a pano ! So for a US spec car with pano, the weight differential with a CLK BS is . . . well . . . zero.

AMG Dictator 12-11-2011 10:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SMP (Post 4952807)
We have a deal!

But you never came through the last time, so I guess this time it's not going to be any different :rolleyes:.

Here you go, as promised! lol :zoom:

WTDoom 12-15-2011 10:32 AM

UPDATE

I have good news and bad news .

I went to see my car after spending a great day at Affalterbach at AMG and HWA ( saw the c coupe black again , discussed options with the performance studio etc ).

As for the CLK the car is coming along fine and will be back here for the first week in January ( even hough I told them not to hurry ) . Currently building my rhd car manifolds . The gearbox mechanics have been altered and when the parts come in everything will be set up and they will move on to the electronics .

Regarding USA / Further territories modifications Im afraid I was told when this mod is available to the public ( the minute after mine is done and tested ) it will be available . Unfortunately " at the moment " USA / Further territories owners will have to ship the ECU < TCU and entire gearbox to Germany .

:y

ET550 12-15-2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 4962341)
I have good news and bad news .

Unfortunately " at the moment " USA / Further territories owners will have to ship the ECU < TCU and entire gearbox to the states .

I assume you mean ship to Germany.

WTDoom 12-15-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by ET550 (Post 4962961)
I assume you mean ship to Germany.

sorry , yes ship to Germany ( edited now ).

shuttie 12-15-2011 08:35 PM

Not an easy fix

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4946078)
Are there any developments on this front?

Hi Maverick,

It seems the gearbox has to be sent to Germany, from here that's not
an option, it is very disappointing unless they give the info etc to tuners in
Australia I would pay a premium.
You and I are the only 2 subscribers from Australia it seems and noted you have your car supercharged, I spoke to Ramspeed as I was enquiring re some mods to mine and they mentioned the supercharger,I was looking
more to the EC tune, Aero, maybe the exhaust system,Larger Brembo brakes maybe carbon,Power pulley system ,Air box and filters and the HRE
carbon wheels which means I can use 285 front and 305 rear. I mostly use the car at wakefield which is 2.2km and is a tight circuit. How do you find the Supercharger has it made the car tail happy?. Fluid Motor Union did a good job on their exhaust system for the SEMA show not sure if it will be available for retail.

RBM-CLK 12-16-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by shuttie (Post 4963189)
Hi Maverick,

You and I are the only 2 subscribers from Australia it seems and noted you have your car supercharged, I spoke to Ramspeed as I was enquiring re some mods to mine and they mentioned the supercharger,I was looking
more to the EC tune, Aero, maybe the exhaust system,Larger Brembo brakes maybe carbon,Power pulley system ,Air box and filters and the HRE
carbon wheels which means I can use 285 front and 305 rear. I mostly use the car at wakefield which is 2.2km and is a tight circuit. How do you find the Supercharger has it made the car tail happy?. Fluid Motor Union did a good job on their exhaust system for the SEMA show not sure if it will be available for retail.

The Fluid MotorUnion systems are all custom hand built. Their work is amazing. If you're interested, give Mike Marzano a call or shoot him an e-mail mmarzano@fluidmotorunion.com and he'll be able to design a very high-quality system to your liking!

WTDoom 12-16-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by shuttie (Post 4963189)
Hi Maverick,

Im afraid they will not share with other tuners . They can also strengthen gearboxes for those running big power .
we have some insane tiptronic Porsches here in uk with very trick gearboxes modded by these guys .

jrcart 12-17-2011 09:37 AM

Guys, for those of you in the US, don't get discouraged quite yet, there is a tuner here in the states that might be able to offer this and actually more. That's all I can say for now but we should know for sure in less than a month but looks very very promising. My sig should be helpful in figuring out who this tuner is ;)

gestut 12-17-2011 11:03 PM

that sounds very promising, i was disappointed about shipping the transmission , please keep us posted

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4965086)
Guys, for those of you in the US, don't get discouraged quite yet, there is a tuner here in the states that might be able to offer this and actually more. That's all I can say for now but we should know for sure in less than a month but looks very very promising. My sig should be helpful in figuring out who this tuner is ;)

TeamF1Jr 12-19-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4965086)

very good news :y

Maverick1975 12-19-2011 07:46 PM

Jcart do you mean a tuner who will offer throttle blipping or strengthened transmission components

jrcart 12-20-2011 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 4968454)
Jcart do you mean a tuner who will offer throttle blipping or strengthened transmission components

:naughty: ......Yes:D

Maverick1975 12-21-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4969263)
:naughty: ......Yes:D

Both ? Or just strengthened trans components?

God I need throttle blipping

Maverick1975 01-13-2012 10:07 PM

Any updates to report?
Also can you elaborate on the RHD manifold you are getting fabricated wtdoom?

EVOII_Racer 01-23-2012 12:24 PM

great post man! Thanks for sharing.

Maverick1975 01-27-2012 07:12 PM

Still no news to report??

WTDoom 02-01-2012 06:00 AM

Sorry gents been off forum for a while . I was over in Germany a couple of weeks ago .
Work is progressing but I do not want to have the car here until my storage facility is completed and the horrible salt is off our roads .
Ill update around march ,
b

ari1856 02-02-2012 02:39 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I don't know of any Porsche tuners that offer rev matching. They do offer TCU upgrades. I understand that until 2009 the 911 turbo automatic used a very similar, if not identical tranny to the Mercedes X55 cars and maybe the X60/65 cars. These were all 5 speed trannys. Many 996/997 turbo owners get their auto trannys fixed/upgraded through renntech. starting 2010 Porsche moved on to the PDK tranny.

In 2008? Mercedes introduced the 7 speed tranny which is used in the AMG cars. Although it is unclear to me whether the V12 turbo engines kept going with the 5 speed models due to their torque capacity?

A software rev matching flash would be great, but I have never seen it offered.

I'm in the market for a CLK63 but am a little hesitant to see how the C63BS will affect CLK prices.

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 4891726)

SMP 02-02-2012 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by ari1856 (Post 5033788)
If it makes you feel any better, I don't know of any Porsche tuners that offer rev matching. They do offer TCU upgrades. I understand that until 2009 the 911 turbo automatic used a very similar, if not identical tranny to the Mercedes X55 cars and maybe the X60/65 cars. These were all 5 speed trannys. Many 996/997 turbo owners get their auto trannys fixed/upgraded through renntech. starting 2010 Porsche moved on to the PDK tranny.

In 2008? Mercedes introduced the 7 speed tranny which is used in the AMG cars. Although it is unclear to me whether the V12 turbo engines kept going with the 5 speed models due to their torque capacity?

A software rev matching flash would be great, but I have never seen it offered.

I'm in the market for a CLK63 but am a little hesitant to see how the C63BS will affect CLK prices.

They are mechanically identical ... including the MBZ star on the case ... only difference, Porsche used different software on their tiptronic cars.

rage2 02-02-2012 03:16 PM

And that transmission can throttle blip too with the right software. The SL65 black series does it.

Maverick1975 03-19-2012 07:56 AM

did this ever work???

EVOII_Racer 03-19-2012 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by rage2 (Post 5034602)
And that transmission can throttle blip too with the right software. The SL65 black series does it.

Good point sir. The new ml63 also confirmed by the mag mb ent.

Carac 03-19-2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer (Post 5108836)
Good point sir. The new ml63 also confirmed by the mag mb ent.

The part that stung the most was that the C63 came out next to the CLK Black and had throttle blipping...along with every other AMG since (afaik). In other words, their most hardcore AMG road car ever was one of the only models without rev matching shifts when it came out.

ET550 03-19-2012 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 5108910)
The part that stung the most was that the C63 came out next to the CLK Black and had throttle blipping...along with every other AMG since (afaik). In other words, their most hardcore AMG road car ever was one of the only models without rev matching shifts when it came out.

I don't believe that to be the case. If I recall the CLK Black first came out about March 2007 and the development of the car much earlier. Throttle blipping wasn't available until the introduction of the MCT transmission about a year later. But I could be wrong. Its been awhile.

Carac 03-19-2012 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ET550 (Post 5109418)
I don't believe that to be the case. If I recall the CLK Black first came out about March 2007 and the development of the car much earlier. Throttle blipping wasn't available until the introduction of the MCT transmission about a year later. But I could be wrong. Its been awhile.

The pre-facelift/MCT C63s had the same transmission as the Black, but the software had rev matching/throttle blipping...I know...I had one :D

The Press/Media C63s started showing up at the end of 2007, so just a few months.

ET550 03-19-2012 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 5109481)
The pre-facelift/MCT C63s had the same transmission as the Black, but the software had rev matching/throttle blipping...I know...I had one :D

The Press/Media C63s started showing up at the end of 2007, so just a few months.

Beginning of 2007 to the end of 2007 sounds closer to a year than just a few months. Bottom line is the CLK BS did not come out the same time as other AMGs having throttle blipping capability as you have been implying.

Carac 03-19-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by ET550 (Post 5109605)
Beginning of 2007 to the end of 2007 sounds closer to a year than just a few months. Bottom line is the CLK BS did not come out the same time as other AMGs having throttle blipping capability as you have been implying.

Still a shame their hardcore track day special didn't have a software feature of a mechanically identical transmission from a car that was in development concurrently. Both cars had been in development for at least a year before they were released (spy shots of both in July/Aug 2006), and they share similar suspension geometry in the front. Mechanically there's no real reason why the CLK Black doesn't have rev matching. It was likely a lack of time/desire and the expense of retesting/certifying the car with the new software.

Regardless, I am looking forward to any progress being made here.

PaulWdz 04-16-2012 03:45 PM

I would think that with all that Weistec has been able to do with the 722.9 transmission they would be able to get throttle blipping for the Black Series - but I'm sure it would not be cheap.

ari1856 04-16-2012 04:07 PM

The bottom line is that there seems to be healthy market of people looking for a tune that includes rev matching. Not just for the CLK63 but for all the 63 models and I imagine even other models.

WTDoom 04-17-2012 08:39 PM

Sorry for delay getting back to this thread , I have been travelling .

Car is finished and as I'm back in the uk now it's being delivered after the weekend . The throttle blips on downshifts , shift is slightly faster , gearbox is modified . While it was in I put some magic into the engine .

I'll post vids early next week .

ari1856 04-18-2012 01:16 AM

great news. Who was the tuner again? i wonder if they will offer the tune on other 63 models. E63, C63, S63, SL63 etc...

Suddenly the market looks a lot bigger.

WTDoom 04-18-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by ari1856 (Post 5154246)
great news. Who was the tuner again? i wonder if they will offer the tune on other 63 models. E63, C63, S63, SL63 etc...

I promised them I'd name them once I actually try the car , please give me a couple of days .

PaulWdz 04-18-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5154702)
I promised them I'd name them once I actually try the car , please give me a couple of days .

Really looking forward to this:y

ari1856 04-18-2012 09:17 PM

This fixes the only real issue with the older AMG cars. Realistically, this type of program could apply to any car. I'm not sure what's involved, and if the tranny needs to be intelligent enough or if most modern cars have the logic necessary to make the leap.

Either way this is great news.

WTDoom 04-19-2012 02:11 PM

Car is here Monday , I'll have vids by Wednesday .:D

Maverick1975 04-19-2012 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by ari1856 (Post 5154246)

All the models you mention already have throttle blipping. What do you mean?

ari1856 04-20-2012 12:18 AM

I don't believe the 08 models do. I may be 100% wrong. I don't own any of them.

I will say I drove my good friend's twin turbo 2012 CLS63 and that thing was absolutely awesome. The exhaust is to die for and the blip throttle downshift bark the coolest growl...

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5157462)
All the models you mention already have throttle blipping. What do you mean?

Maverick1975 04-20-2012 12:25 AM

I can confirm the 08 C63 and SL63 have it at the very least

WTDoom 04-21-2012 06:43 PM

Car is here and I can confirm it blips on downshifts !
Where there's a will ( and German engineering ) there's a way .
It raining a lot here at the moment so didn't do much ( sideways in a straight line in 4th is not good on the roads ) but it is absolutely fantastic .
Throttle is crisp and very sharp ( perfect ) , auto modes seem exactly the same but manual Is now an animal . Blipping and snorting on downshift without upsetting the rear end . Downshifting in the wet is now smooth and painless as well as a little faste but changing up is also noticably faster ( unexpected ) .
Now the black serious is very serious indeed . It's been several months but it's mission successful !
Im glad the C coupe black series got CANCELLED :)

Thread with video and sound coming soon .

Maverick1975 04-21-2012 09:26 PM

Congratulations, this is truly stupendous news!!

I cant believe this issue has been cracked, after all these years of waiting!!

Got to have a video asap man !

neliconcept 04-22-2012 12:40 AM

may have just made me want to get a CLKBS myself. Been looking at these, the C63BS and others.

nice!

Riverflyer 04-23-2012 02:21 AM

WT, How might I contact you....am close to a purchase but the tranny responsiveness and blipping are an issue and I need to ask a couple of specific questions.
You can email me, and I would pm but could not figure out how it works....new here and all:nix:

thanks much, John

PaulWdz 04-23-2012 04:21 PM

Video please !!!!!!

GuppyC63 04-24-2012 12:28 AM

Can't wait to see the video.

TeamF1Jr 04-24-2012 02:34 PM

It would be great to see videos of both inside on the tach as a downshift occurs and outside the car so we can hear on how good it sounds. Man I hope Weistech is watching this thread. Black Series owners have money in their pocket just waiting for them to do something for us USA customers.

Eitan1 04-26-2012 06:22 PM

Video and Sound PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

WTDoom 04-26-2012 08:43 PM

It's been raining here but I have great news. I'm going to v max on Saturday to do some sliding . Gf Williams will be there and is going to get some pics and videos on you tube .

Jim Brady 04-27-2012 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5167350)
It's been raining here but I have great news. I'm going to v max on Saturday to do some sliding . Gf Williams will be there and is going to get some pics and videos on you tube .

Forecast is for rain Saturday. :eek: Will you still run? Stop the drama and post a vid.

Maverick1975 04-27-2012 08:46 PM

You can't leave us hanging like this man! Get that camera out!

WTDoom 04-27-2012 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jim Brady (Post 5168926)
Forecast is for rain Saturday. :eek: Will you still run? Stop the drama and post a vid.

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5168966)
You can't leave us hanging like this man! Get that camera out!

I have the photographic and Internet skills of a single cell organism . That hasn't helped . It's raining tomorrow but will still be running and I have top photographer GF Williams taking pics and video , fear not it will be done .:y

PaulWdz 04-27-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5169099)
I have the photographic and Internet skills of a single cell organism . That hasn't helped . It's raining tomorrow but will still be running and I have top photographer GF Williams taking pics and video , fear not it will be done .:y

Salivating, can't wait. Careful in the wet !!!!!

rage2 04-27-2012 11:54 PM

The throttle blipping will make it much more stable on wet pavement. :)

Maverick1975 04-29-2012 08:52 PM

Losing my mind here with anticipation, cmon Doom!

PaulWdz 05-01-2012 02:38 PM

C'mon man were all waiting here !!!!!!!

WTDoom 05-02-2012 05:59 AM

Just got back from a trip to Stockholm , apparently we didn't get any useful the bloody video the other day . I'm going to get a friend to just stand on the street with his iPhone and get some video as this I setting silly now . So it won't be the best but you will at least know it has been done and I'm not hallucinating . I will need help in uploading this as I have no idea how to do this .

PaulWdz 05-02-2012 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5175784)
Just got back from a trip to Stockholm , apparently we didn't get any useful the bloody video the other day . I'm going to get a friend to just stand on the street with his iPhone and get some video as this I setting silly now . So it won't be the best but you will at least know it has been done and I'm not hallucinating . I will need help in uploading this as I have no idea how to do this .

If you can get your friend to video from inside the car with the camera pointed at the tac that would be very helpfull so we can see the revs and hear the blips at the same time. Either way, look forward to whatever you can provide. And also, can you tell us what hardware was changed ?

WTDoom 05-02-2012 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by PaulWdz (Post 5176201)
If you can get your friend to video from inside the car with the camera pointed at the tac that would be very helpfull so we can see the revs and hear the blips at the same time. Either way, look forward to whatever you can provide. And also, can you tell us what hardware was changed ?

It's only I phone I don't think you will hear that , I'll try though?
Back home soon , I'll try both .

Maverick1975 05-06-2012 11:32 PM

What happened to videos :nix:

PaulWdz 05-07-2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5183142)
What happened to videos :nix:

+1. C'mon Doom, you're killing us here!!!

Eitan1 05-07-2012 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by PaulWdz (Post 5183808)
+1. C'mon Doom, you're killing us here!!!

+5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000.
a video would be great to see.

Doom,
Throw us a bone will YA!!!!!!

WTDoom 05-08-2012 07:30 PM

Gents , I am really sorry . I have been incredibly busy and yet have tried to get videos no less than 3 times . My bloody I phone is so crap from the inside of the car you can barely hear anything and from the outside all you can hear is wind noise .
All I can think is I need someone with something that can be mounted on the outside of the car near the exhaust . I have no means of doing this but am open to suggestions .
Help !

Carac 05-08-2012 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5186155)
Gents , I am really sorry . I have been incredibly busy and yet have tried to get videos no less than 3 times . My bloody I phone is so crap from the inside of the car you can barely hear anything and from the outside all you can hear is wind noise .
All I can think is I need someone with something that can be mounted on the outside of the car near the exhaust . I have no means of doing this but am open to suggestions .
Help !

Video from the inside would be sufficient :D

TeamF1Jr 05-08-2012 08:43 PM

If you any neighbors with teenagers they're typically technically saavy and have digital cameras. I'm sure they could ride in the passenger seat and take videos from both inside and outside the car and have it uploaded to YouTube in no time.

sprins 05-09-2012 07:02 AM

So, who is the tuner who fixes this?

WTDoom 05-09-2012 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 5186246)
Video from the inside would be sufficient :D

you can't hear it , I'll e mail video to you if you like but you can't hear much .

Originally Posted by TeamF1Jr (Post 5186265)
If you any neighbors with teenagers they're typically technically saavy and have digital cameras. I'm sure they could ride in the passenger seat and take videos from both inside and outside the car and have it uploaded to YouTube in no time.

Sorry have no real interaction with neighbours , it's secluded here .

Originally Posted by sprins (Post 5186949)
So, who is the tuner who fixes this?

MKB in Germany , I was directed there by some HWA guys .

WTDoom 05-09-2012 07:54 AM

I just want to take a minute to thank MKB in Germany , I was directed there by HWA . I didn't want to write about them until I had thoroughly tested the car .
Absolutely amazing work they do there , the car is transformed .
It seems to be getting better , I think because I'm getting used to shift points etc etc .
The work was carried out methodically and to a very high standard . The guys are fantastic .
I wanted this modification since day 1 . No one could do it .
AMG said it was too expensive and not worth it , HWA said they would love the challenge but were forbidden to work on road cars .
They told me to talk to MKB they said they were the only people they would recommend to do this as well as the only people they thought could do it safely and properly .
It's a huge job technically and getting it wrong could compromise the black series . Linking up and modifying all the relevant systems must have been a nightmare .
Hermann Bader is an absolute saint . He was professional , knowledgable , courteous and the perfect gentleman .
They have sealed the ecu and tcu with Mkb seals an I must ensure the software is not modified or updated by mb during servicing as this could erase the work .
The work is all tuv approved and warrantied .
I cannot recommend them enough and will gladly make introductions to any people interested in this truly world class modification .
Since visiting MKB. It has come to my attention ( not from a Mkb of course , they are far too polite for that ) that many well known tuners use them to help with software and gearbox modifications , they are a truly world class outfit .
A very well know uk tuner told me of this fact and confirmed all their strengthened gearboxes were done at Mkb .
The car worked first time every time . There are no glitches , no safety mode on track , no issues at all . It's like they have been doing this mod a million times not this was the first job !
The engine power is so usable and tractable . Better than the Amg map for sure .its 575 hp all day every day , hot or cold . Amazingly the regular driving characteristics are still fantastic . You would never know this was an aftermarket modification . Everyone that has seen the car is amazed . It will be in a few magazines and possibly a well known web show very soon .
This is the best modification I have ever done and the black serious is now everything it should have been from the factory .
Thanks again to MKB and Hermann Bader , the best mb tuners I have ever come across .

cigarette1 05-09-2012 11:28 AM

No Video = Never Happened :D

G

PaulWdz 05-09-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5186989)
I just want to take a minute to thank MKB in Germany , I was directed there by HWA . I didn't want to write about them until I had thoroughly tested the car .
Absolutely amazing work they do there , the car is transformed .
It seems to be getting better , I think because I'm getting used to shift points etc etc .
The work was carried out methodically and to a very high standard . The guys are fantastic .
I wanted this modification since day 1 . No one could do it .
AMG said it was too expensive and not worth it , HWA said they would love the challenge but were forbidden to work on road cars .
They told me to talk to MKB they said they were the only people they would recommend to do this as well as the only people they thought could do it safely and properly .
It's a huge job technically and getting it wrong could compromise the black series . Linking up and modifying all the relevant systems must have been a nightmare .
Hermann Bader is an absolute saint . He was professional , knowledgable , courteous and the perfect gentleman .
They have sealed the ecu and tcu with Mkb seals an I must ensure the software is not modified or updated by mb during servicing as this could erase the work .
The work is all tuv approved and warrantied .
I cannot recommend them enough and will gladly make introductions to any people interested in this truly world class modification .
Since visiting MKB. It has come to my attention ( not from a Mkb of course , they are far too polite for that ) that many well known tuners use them to help with software and gearbox modifications , they are a truly world class outfit .
A very well know uk tuner told me of this fact and confirmed all their strengthened gearboxes were done at Mkb .
The car worked first time every time . There are no glitches , no safety mode on track , no issues at all . It's like they have been doing this mod a million times not this was the first job !
The engine power is so usable and tractable . Better than the Amg map for sure .its 575 hp all day every day , hot or cold . Amazingly the regular driving characteristics are still fantastic . You would never know this was an aftermarket modification . Everyone that has seen the car is amazed . It will be in a few magazines and possibly a well known web show very soon .
This is the best modification I have ever done and the black serious is now everything it should have been from the factory .
Thanks again to MKB and Hermann Bader , the best mb tuners I have ever come across .

Thanks very much for the info, I'm sure they did great work. You mentioned earlier that there were also hardware changes made. Could you please elaborate on exactly which parts were changed ? And lastly, any type of video would be better than nothing !! ;) Seriously, maybe even just a quick video of the tachometer while you pull the downshift paddle ? At least that way we can see the blips of the throttle while downshifting.

Eitan1 05-09-2012 07:58 PM

Is this a Joke?? You drive a beautiful cars in europe and have no access to ONE other human being that has enough dexterity to press down the RECORD button on a camera while you drive? We are all dying a slow death waiting for the video. I am starting to smell something aquatic happening here. Please prove me wrong and send us a video.

Regards,

E

Maverick1975 05-09-2012 11:22 PM

Absolutely gagging for more details on costs etc and videos. Gagging I tell you!!

WTDoom 05-10-2012 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by cigarette1 (Post 5187269)
No Video = Never Happened :D

G

I can understand that

Originally Posted by PaulWdz (Post 5187546)
Thanks very much for the info, I'm sure they did great work. You mentioned earlier that there were also hardware changes made. Could you please elaborate on exactly which parts were changed ? And lastly, any type of video would be better than nothing !! ;) Seriously, maybe even just a quick video of the tachometer while you pull the downshift paddle ? At least that way we can see the blips of the throttle while downshifting.

I don't have details of hardware modifications unfortunately .
I have poor sound quality video I can e mail to some one as I can't put them up here . It just doesn't do it justice .

Originally Posted by Eitan1 (Post 5188156)

Is this a Joke?? You drive a beautiful cars in europe and have no access to ONE other human being that has enough dexterity to press down the RECORD button on a camera while you drive? We are all dying a slow death waiting for the video. I am starting to smell something aquatic happening here. Please prove me wrong and send us a video.

Regards,

E

mate I have video , again I'm willing to e mail it to you but you can barely her anything . I'm trying to get decent quality ( something wired near the exhausts etc ) . I have no reason to be fishy , it's just not working out . I have several drive buys and all you can hear is wind . A couple bits of interior vid but like I said you can barely hear anything . Give me an e mail and you will get whet I have , it's just not much .

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5188474)
Absolutely gagging for more details on costs etc and videos. Gagging I tell you!!

sorry mate

WTDoom 05-10-2012 01:52 PM

Blipping black serious videos

Now please forgive the horrid quality .
Also I was driving sedately ( for some reason it recorded better ) but rest assured it blips even better when you are really on it .

http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=IMG_1002.mp4

And

http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=IMG_1006.mp4

rage2 05-10-2012 01:54 PM

That looks and sounds like throttle blipping to me! Awesome!

sprins 05-10-2012 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5186955)
MKB in Germany , I was directed there by some HWA guys .

Interesting. Do you know if they will be offering this tune as an official product? It's only a 5 hour drive from where I'm located.

PaulWdz 05-10-2012 03:07 PM

WOW - Just WOW that is all I can say. Someone FINALLY did it !!! You must be thrilled. I can only imagine what it sounds/feels like at high revs under heavy trail braking into a turn. Very jealous over here on this side of the pond !!!!!!

GuppyC63 05-10-2012 03:18 PM

I need that blip!!!!

Eitan1 05-10-2012 04:27 PM

I am speechless. You have cracked the big head of the Lockness Monster. Thank you for sharing.
Now....
How and when can we get this done here in the US? I am sure we can get a group deal on this thing in Southern california, since there are quite a few of them here.

Anyone interested ????????????
I know I am.

Thank you very much for sharing Doom.

WTDoom 05-10-2012 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by rage2 (Post 5189348)
That looks and sounds like throttle blipping to me! Awesome!

Isn't it fantastic ?

Originally Posted by sprins (Post 5189407)
Interesting. Do you know if they will be offering this tune as an official product? It's only a 5 hour drive from where I'm located.

I think they can arrange it easy now , the hard work has been done .
If you send me an e mail So I have your address I'll send an introductory one for you to Hermann and away you go !

Originally Posted by PaulWdz (Post 5189458)
WOW - Just WOW that is all I can say. Someone FINALLY did it !!! You must be thrilled. I can only imagine what it sounds/feels like at high revs under heavy trail braking into a turn. Very jealous over here on this side of the pond !!!!!!

Believe me it's awesome . It's such a professional job , you would never ever know this was not factory . The mapping on the engine and gearbox is out of this world . So much power and torque , everywhere . Amazing , proper tuning .

Originally Posted by GuppyC63 (Post 5189472)
I need that blip!!!!

Yes you do ...

Originally Posted by Eitan1 (Post 5189604)
I am speechless. You have cracked the big head of the Lockness Monster. Thank you for sharing.
Now....
How and when can we get this done here in the US? I am sure we can get a group deal on this thing in Southern california, since there are quite a few of them here.

Anyone interested ????????????
I know I am.

Thank you very much for sharing Doom.

gents in the U S of A , I have an idea . If you can get a definite list of people perhaps we can get them to fly out to the states and do them all in one go . Obviously we would have to cover expenses etc .
I know they do similar stuff for the middle east . Hermann is so cool I know if he can help you he will . What say you all?
Btw no need to thank me Eitan1 , you all on this forum have helped me so much with other bits I have asked over the years , it's the least I can do . We black serious guys have to stick together ;)

zneB-sedecreM 05-10-2012 05:48 PM

Good work sir. Pioneer for sure, along with sourcing the right people to help you obtain your vision.

WTDoom 05-10-2012 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM (Post 5189753)
Good work sir. Pioneer for sure, along with sourcing the right people to help you obtain your vision.

Thank you mate . I did a lot of research and to be honest with you all roads led to MKB .
The results are well worth it .

WTDoom 05-10-2012 06:14 PM

Gents to be clear I haven't mentioned prices Only as I am not sure what it will cost you . I had a lot or r and d and custom rhd manifolds etc etc so the costs will be skewed .
Not being a pain or difficult , honest .

Maverick1975 05-10-2012 07:28 PM

Well done Doom!!!
That is a dream come true. I wish i knew how i could get this done down here in Australia.

Could you pleaes PM me the name of the gentleman at MKB that took care of this project for you?

WTDoom 05-10-2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5189884)
Well done Doom!!!
That is a dream come true. I wish i knew how i could get this done down here in Australia.

Could you pleaes PM me the name of the gentleman at MKB that took care of this project for you?

Honestly Maverick , I love the car even more now . The noises are just tremendous and o much more fun to drive now .
I actually cancelled my c coupe black order !
Pm me your e mail address and il send an introduction e mail directly to Hermann ( and you obviously ) and you guys can take it from there :)
Good luck .

Maverick1975 05-10-2012 09:45 PM

PM sent

PaulWdz 05-10-2012 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5189661)
Isn't it fantastic ?

I think they can arrange it easy now , the hard work has been done .
If you send me an e mail So I have your address I'll send an introductory one for you to Hermann and away you go !

Believe me it's awesome . It's such a professional job , you would never ever know this was not factory . The mapping on the engine and gearbox is out of this world . So much power and torque , everywhere . Amazing , proper tuning .

Yes you do ...

gents in the U S of A , I have an idea . If you can get a definite list of people perhaps we can get them to fly out to the states and do them all in one go . Obviously we would have to cover expenses etc .
I know they do similar stuff for the middle east . Hermann is so cool I know if he can help you he will . What say you all?
Btw no need to thank me Eitan1 , you all on this forum have helped me so much with other bits I have asked over the years , it's the least I can do . We black serious guys have to stick together ;)

Since you already have a good relationship with Hermann, I would be willing to pay whatever it would take to get them stateside to do a group install. However, as soon as you mentioned MKB I sent them an email asking if they had any dealers here in the US who could perform this modification and this was his response:

"Unfortunately we need the CLK63 BS for modification
in our workshop in Germany. There is no possibility
to send the control units or do the work in a
workshop in the US or somewhere else.

The package of performance upgrade to 581HP
Incl. S/S headers and modification of the gearbox
costs EURO 18.860.—net export.

Thanks and best regards

Hermann Bader
Marketing & Sales

MKB Motorenbau GmbH
Otto-Hahn Str. 2
71364 Winnenden
Germany

Phone: (+49) (0) 7195 / 9161-27
Facsimile: (+49) (0) 7195 / 9161-15
Email: hermann.bader@mkb-power.de
http://www.mkb-power.de
Eingetragen Reg.-Gericht Stuttgart HRB 263616
Geschäftsführer: Panagiotis Avramidis
USt-IdNr.: DE 144749080"

It sounds like the computer equipment needed to do this cannot be sent to the US :nix:

Maverick1975 05-11-2012 12:19 AM

Sounds like game over! dammit to hell

WTDoom 05-11-2012 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by PaulWdz (Post 5190075)
Since you already have a good relationship with Hermann, I would be willing to pay whatever it would take to get them stateside to do a group install. However, as soon as you mentioned MKB I sent them an email asking if they had any dealers here in the US who could perform this modification and this was his response:

"Unfortunately we need the CLK63 BS for modification
in our workshop in Germany. There is no possibility
to send the control units or do the work in a
workshop in the US or somewhere else.

The package of performance upgrade to 581HP
Incl. S/S headers and modification of the gearbox
costs EURO 18.860.—net export.

Thanks and best regards

Hermann Bader
Marketing & Sales

MKB Motorenbau GmbH
Otto-Hahn Str. 2
71364 Winnenden
Germany

Phone: (+49) (0) 7195 / 9161-27
Facsimile: (+49) (0) 7195 / 9161-15
Email: hermann.bader@mkb-power.de
http://www.mkb-power.de
Eingetragen Reg.-Gericht Stuttgart HRB 263616
Geschäftsführer: Panagiotis Avramidis
USt-IdNr.: DE 144749080"

It sounds like the computer equipment needed to do this cannot be sent to the US :nix:

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5190314)

I still thinkif we have a firm amount of orders and it's enough people , we may be able to get them over there .
They may be too busy to do 1 car but 6/7 may be different ?

Pistolero 05-11-2012 07:17 AM

Jerry at Eurocharged Houston just bought a BS and working on this as well. I'm hanging in there as he is local to me.

mellowyellow 05-11-2012 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pistolero (Post 5190564)
Jerry at Eurocharged Houston just bought a BS and working on this as well. I'm hanging in there as he is local to me.

Ditto. I would be happy to drive to Houston for this mod. :naughty:

Maverick1975 05-11-2012 06:43 PM

I would move countries for this mod!

Pistolero 05-11-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5191453)
I would move countries for this mod!

:eek:Now that's dedication!

TeamF1Jr 05-11-2012 07:42 PM

The view count on this thread probabaly puts it in the top 3% of all Black Series threads, you have owners willing to throw money at companies who can come up with this and yet its near dead silence on the modifiers end. I assume this takes a highly skilled crew to get it right and most don't have the engineering talent to pull it off at a price that would make it profitable for them. I hope a wrong though.

loungn14 05-11-2012 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by TeamF1Jr (Post 5191513)
The view count on this thread probabaly puts it in the top 3% of all Black Series threads, you have owners willing to throw money at companies who can come up with this and yet its near dead silence on the modifiers end. I assume this takes a highly skilled crew to get it right and most don't have the engineering talent to pull it off at a price that would make it profitable for them. I hope a wrong though.

we have done it on other platforms, give us a little bit. We just got our CLK63 Black as well as our C63 black...

Das Geld 2 05-12-2012 12:42 AM

What exactly is the point of throttle blipping? Can't you do it manually?

sprins 05-12-2012 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 (Post 5191852)
What exactly is the point of throttle blipping?

Rev matching on downshifts, which relaxes the rear end of the car when pushing it hard. Besides that, it sounds very cool.

Can't you do it manually?
With a manual transmission yes, with the automatic it's sort of useless since the computer arranges everything.

cigarette1 05-12-2012 08:23 AM

It's a little bit over rated for a slush box ... but, I guess it does sound cool.

I'll pass

G

TeamF1Jr 05-12-2012 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by loungn14 (Post 5191517)
we have done it on other platforms, give us a little bit. We just got our CLK63 Black as well as our C63 black...

Great!! Keep us updated:D

Das Geld 2 05-12-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by sprins (Post 5192051)
Rev matching on downshifts, which relaxes the rear end of the car when pushing it hard. Besides that, it sounds very cool.

With a manual transmission yes, with the automatic it's sort of useless since the computer arranges everything.

What about in tip-tronic mode?

sprins 05-12-2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 (Post 5192283)
What about in tip-tronic mode?

Then TCU is still in complete control. And when you press the 'down' button it's still not clear exactly when the gearbox will change. So you press the throttle hoping it's in the right moment which it won't be most of the time.

ari1856 05-15-2012 12:38 PM

I don't want to over simplify this but tuners always "borrow" code from one model to insert into other cars. IE they borrow Audi MAF codes for a hitachi maf conversion on a Porsche.

AMGHans 05-25-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5159678)
Car is here and I can confirm it blips on downshifts ! etc etc

Thread with video and sound coming soon .

Did I overlook that video+sound ?:confused:

EDIT : oops, I rather overlooked what's been psted about this already -> shame on me . . .

jrcart 05-25-2012 11:13 AM

Very difficult with an automatic transmission, matched rev via computer is much much easier.

TeamF1Jr 07-30-2012 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14 (Post 5191517)

Just curious for an update, still working to crack the code as they say?

Maverick1975 07-31-2012 03:36 AM

Yeah how about an update!?

AMG893 08-07-2012 04:36 AM

any news??

Maverick1975 09-25-2012 10:53 PM

Has anyone else cracked this yet so I can purchase?

GreetMe 10-03-2012 07:44 AM

WTDoom - were you in Henley-on-Thames on Saturday 30th September?

I posted on mbclub.co.uk about seeing a CLK63 BS which sounded to me like it blipped on the downshift and one of the members pointed me to this thread. :)

WTDoom 10-03-2012 08:18 PM

Gents the modification is very complex , I'm not sure it can be done elsewhere . Need a particular skill set ( no offence to any tuners on here )

Originally Posted by GreetMe (Post 5379853)
WTDoom - were you in Henley-on-Thames on Saturday 30th September?

I posted on mbclub.co.uk about seeing a CLK63 BS which sounded to me like it blipped on the downshift and one of the members pointed me to this thread. :)

It may well have been me , I'm often around that way .
If it was blipping , it was me for sure . Are you local matey ?

GreetMe 10-04-2012 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by WTDoom (Post 5380746)
It may well have been me , I'm often around that way .
If it was blipping , it was me for sure . Are you local matey ?

We live not far from Henley. We'd been to a talk in the Kenton Theatre and you rumbled, popped and burbled past as we were leaving. :)

It was you: I had a look at your clips and the registration matches. :)

WTDoom 10-09-2012 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by GreetMe (Post 5381168)
We live not far from Henley. We'd been to a talk in the Kenton Theatre and you rumbled, popped and burbled past as we were leaving. :)

It was you: I had a look at your clips and the registration matches. :)

Yes , I checked . It was my mate driving it back to mine :y

WTDoom 10-09-2012 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Eleanor486 (Post 5387951)
What kind of lap times did the 68 Mustang in your photo number 5 put down? Is that a resto-mod with coil-overs and such or is it sporting 1960's OE running gear?

sorry mate , no idea of laptimes . was running pretty well though . it was a historic racer , fia papers etc so true to period .

Maverick1975 10-11-2012 05:16 AM

Hi Doom can we get some more videos please?

WTDoom 10-14-2012 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5389798)
Hi Doom can we get some more videos please?

Sorry maverick , the serious is away for the winter . Have a private Christmas trackday that I may use her on , if I do there will be videos .

Maverick1975 10-15-2012 12:09 AM

God that must sucknot being able to drive it all year round

german32er 10-15-2012 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5190314)

i don`t thing so......;)

Maverick1975 10-15-2012 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by german32er (Post 5394485)
i don`t thing so......;)

Please explain!

GuppyC63 04-27-2013 02:29 PM

:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Originally Posted by Eitan (Post 5627991)
Ok.... Its ready for the black??? Who? Where? What? How? and most importantly, How much? Please share if you know something......

Maverick1975 04-29-2013 02:39 AM

Great stuff Ralf!

BUT: Can we get a video of the car doing the throttle blipping at high speed?? Why so slow?

TeamF1Jr 04-30-2013 01:02 AM

Another tease, we're dying over here in the States for this. It sounds so good, my money is burning a hole in my wallet. I want this!!! Some professional tuner in the USA, please make this happen already!!!

Maverick1975 04-30-2013 06:41 AM

Great stuff Ralf! You have pulled off a miracle !

CLKBSVegas 04-30-2013 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by TeamF1Jr (Post 5630987)
Another tease, we're dying over here in the States for this. It sounds so good, my money is burning a hole in my wallet. I want this!!! Some professional tuner in the USA, please make this happen already!!!

Hahaha! Yes...what he said!

Meeyatch1 05-26-2013 07:49 PM

Does this speed up the delay in the shifts too? Because the main beef I have always had with the CLK63 Black Series is that the delay in the shifts both up and down in manual mode is unbearable.

aguswiss 06-01-2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 5660045)
Does this speed up the delay in the shifts too? Because the main beef I have always had with the CLK63 Black Series is that the delay in the shifts both up and down in manual mode is unbearable.

no, that's a different story.

EVOII_Racer 06-14-2013 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by aguswiss (Post 5643758)
Hi guys
I'm alex from switzerland and the video Ralph posted was done on my car.
NOW the car is perfect!! What an amazing car. I did the Trottel blipping, changed the TCU and the Gearbox to 3.06 .And I tell you all, it feels like a new car, it feels like +100HP, it give you goose bumps on every ride even through town. :zoom: I can't imagine how I could ride it for so long without it. Shame on AMG & Ralph is my hero!:y I try to make a short clip of it as soon as the weather changes to the better (that could last, it's the worst spring in 50 years).

Honestly, if you have a chance to get it, go for it, it'll make the C63BS look sad on the track.

oops, I almost forgot
AND THE SOUND IS TO DIE FOR!!!

Wow thats sick Man!! :y
Congrats :bow:

Please give me a ride in your clk black !

mellowyellow 06-15-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 5660045)

Unrelated to throttle blipping, but I am currently running a Eurocharged tune for the Black and it really made shifts a LOT quicker in Sport mode without touching the TCU, only ECU. I have not tried manual mode. This tune is completely different than my past Evosport CLKBS tune. It really woke the car up from a shifting perspective.

sprins 06-15-2013 06:04 PM

If all goes as planned I'm having this throttle blipping modification done on my car somewhere this summer. I'll keep you guys posted!

AMGHans 06-18-2013 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by sprins (Post 5681343)
If all goes as planned I'm having this throttle blipping modification done on my car somewhere this summer. I'll keep you guys posted!

Sacha, would the modification to your CLK BS be done WTDoom-style or AGUSWISS-style ?

sprins 07-12-2013 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by AMGHans (Post 5683739)
Sacha, would the modification to your CLK BS be done WTDoom-style or AGUSWISS-style ?

That would be AGUSWISS-style I guess. By the German dudes. WTDoom-style (MKB) was to elaborate and expensive for my taste.

AMGHans 07-15-2013 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by sprins (Post 5710961)
That would be AGUSWISS-style I guess. By the German dudes. WTDoom-style (MKB) was to elaborate and expensive for my taste.

Duidelijk maestro. If (repeat : IF) I'd have mine modified, it woulld be WTDooms-style, so thought we cud 'team up' if you'd go the same avenue. Anyhoo, see yr point, it ís a rather expensive solution, but in mind mind it could be worth it.

sprins 07-15-2013 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by AMGHans (Post 5713478)
Duidelijk maestro. If (repeat : IF) I'd have mine modified, it woulld be WTDooms-style, so thought we cud 'team up' if you'd go the same avenue. Anyhoo, see yr point, it ís a rather expensive solution, but in mind mind it could be worth it.

Ah leuk, nog een NL CLKBS.

Of you want performance gain as well as the throttle blip the MKB solution is the one. But I'm pretty happy with the performance. I only want the blip, and for that it's too much money for my taste (even without another cheaper supplier, then I'd rather have no blip).

Fingers crossed this modification won't bend my gearbox :hammer: :p:

EVOII_Racer 07-17-2013 06:43 PM

Sorry for my ignorance but what is MKB solution? Do they take the mct gearbox from the c black??

sprins 07-18-2013 12:13 PM

WTDoom (thread starter) had his car modified by MKB to do the throttle blip. For MKB this mod is part of a more elaborate performance enhancement, but not with C black parts or anything that I know of. Remapping ECU, TCU and optionally headers and some other stuff I believe.

MTV8 07-18-2013 11:05 PM

Any news on making this available overseas?

AMGHans 08-07-2013 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by sprins (Post 5713489)
Ah leuk, nog een NL CLKBS.

Of you want performance gain as well as the throttle blip the MKB solution is the one. But I'm pretty happy with the performance. I only want the blip, and for that it's too much money for my taste (even without another cheaper supplier, then I'd rather have no blip).

Fingers crossed this modification won't bend my gearbox :hammer: :p:

Jazeker.

As to the mod : I'd rather chose the MKB solution. Sure, it's a substantial amount of money, but like what you get for that.

sprins 08-07-2013 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by AMGHans (Post 5740491)
Jazeker.

As to the mod : I'd rather chose the MKB solution. Sure, it's a substantial amount of money, but like what you get for that.

Let us know how it goes.

In the meantime I'm very happy with my downshift barking :zoom:

http://vimeo.com/sprins/clk63-amg-black-series-blip

snakos 08-16-2013 03:27 AM

bs throttle blip

Originally Posted by AMGHans (Post 5740491)
Jazeker.

whats the difference in the blip ?? in a weeks time im meeting with ralf to do blip tune ratio change and im still better off 10000 euro and im flying from australia!!! every one watch this space

snakos 09-09-2013 03:22 AM

Ok guys the blip its finally done😍 All I can say is its fu#*n amazing it work so well you get sore fingers from down shifting all the time just so you can hear it blip people claim they have done it but no proof of that aside of Alex and sasha cars I flew to Zurich meet some really good people ralf dani and of course Alex and had the best experience ever fast cars good food and great company now back to my car I did a ratio change 3.06 tune blip its the best money ever spent the car now is incredibly fast so guys I highly recommend ralfs (German racer 32 and the guru dani Edok tune blip combo I post a video soon so guys in u.s that want it done get a group together and fly ralf and dani in its well worth it

sprins 09-09-2013 07:18 PM

So, is the final drive ratio change to 3.06 worthwhile? Or is it too much? Alex swears by it, but also says it's sort of insane now.

snakos 09-09-2013 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by sprins (Post 5774653)
So, is the final drive ratio change to 3.06 worthwhile? Or is it too much? Alex swears by it, but also says it's sort of insane now.

sacha it's worth every cent I recommend tune ratio combo the acceleration is unbelievable so the answer is get it done you won't regret it

Maverick1975 09-09-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by snakos (Post 5774812)
sacha it's worth every cent I recommend tune ratio combo the acceleration is unbelievable so the answer is get it done you won't regret it

You got to get some videos up Bill!

snakos 09-10-2013 05:28 AM

Blip

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5774832)
You got to get some videos up Bill!

Ben you have heard my car barking I need a camera man no one is game enough to get in the car with me are you interested ...:)

sprins 09-10-2013 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by snakos (Post 5774812)

Ok, I'll start saving for next season. :zoom:

aguswiss 09-25-2013 01:52 AM

www.swisscollector.ch/download/Blip-01.MP3
:nix:

Maverick1975 09-25-2013 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by aguswiss (Post 5790459)

sounds good! very long blip though, not as sharp as in the SL or C

sprins 09-26-2013 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5791157)
sounds good! very long blip though, not as sharp as in the SL or C

That actually depends on the rate of descent of the RPM when downshifting. Under the right circumstances the bark is very loud, yet very sharp and short.

Maverick1975 09-26-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by snakos (Post 5775062)
Ben you have heard my car barking I need a camera man no one is game enough to get in the car with me are you interested ...:)

fark yes i will do it Bill! Better get your guys to take out my ECU and TCU next week i think and send to Ralf

I need to do this mod Ralf!

german32er 09-26-2013 11:29 PM

In two weeks we have a ML63 to Test the blip, if they also work there, perhaps we have more to do in Aussi....

Maverick1975 09-26-2013 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by german32er (Post 5792541)
In two weeks we have a ML63 to Test the blip, if they also work there, perhaps we have more to do in Aussi....

This is for the 2007-11 W164? If it works i will ship items from both cars in one package to you Ralf. Very keen. With my exhaust setup on the ML it will sound ridiculous!

german32er 09-27-2013 01:03 AM

Yes, for w164 ML63!

CLKBSVegas 09-27-2013 11:23 AM

whats the plan

it seems no one in the US does this yet.....so, what are my options? If it is a flash, how does not existing flash deal with it? ie will i lose the gains that my eurocharged flash 91-93 octane did?

Thx

sprins 09-28-2013 01:55 PM

I had the pleasure of driving a C63 coupé today, courtesy of my dealership, which also has throttle blips. I can say this. The C63 coupe is a very nice version of the C63 line and the MCT clutch is very fast (when one is moving, from standstill it's a bit lazy).

But the throttle blip of the C63 sounds like a little girl cautiously farting while the blip I got from Ralf in the CLK63BS sounds like a pitbull barking.

Just to say that anyone drivind a C63 near Ralf should also consider an upgrade.

german32er 09-28-2013 10:20 PM

:p: :v: :y

YES, we can........ make the MONSTERBLIP.... :D

Meeyatch1 09-29-2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by CLKBSVegas (Post 5792909)
it seems no one in the US does this yet.....so, what are my options? If it is a flash, how does not existing flash deal with it? ie will i lose the gains that my eurocharged flash 91-93 octane did?

Thx

If you find an answer, please let me know. My E63 just ran out of extended warranty, so I am doing modifications, and the slow shifting and lack of a throttle matched downshift is one of my main pet peeves. So I would very much like to know if someone in the USA can do this, and how it impacts a tune.

german32er 10-02-2013 10:30 PM

currently we are planning a stay in usa to visit SEMA in november.
maybe we can assemble during our stay one or two blip`s......:cool:

Maverick1975 10-02-2013 11:47 PM

so you are doing the ML63 next week still Ralf?

badbenzz 10-03-2013 12:44 AM

How much is the blip??

CLKBSVegas 10-03-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by german32er (Post 5798443)

ha - good idea...I live in Vegas so perfect!

Eitan 10-03-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by german32er (Post 5798443)

I live in Los Angeles, and would consider doing this in Vegas. How much and how long would it take to get this process completed? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Eitan

hughes369 10-03-2013 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eitan (Post 5799123)
I live in Los Angeles, and would consider doing this in Vegas. How much and how long would it take to get this process completed? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Eitan

ditto

TeamF1Jr 10-05-2013 12:17 AM

I'm also a Black Series owner in Vegas and I'm interested too in the modification!! Keep us updated!!

german32er 10-14-2013 04:34 PM

Today we make the First ML63 blip.....:p:

In the next days we try to make a S63 (W221)....

Our sema Visit is currently not sure:mad:

MB_C63 10-14-2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by german32er (Post 5810138)

:bow:

Maverick1975 10-14-2013 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by german32er (Post 5810138)

In the next days we try to make a S63 (W221)....

Our sema Visit is currently not sure:mad:

Hi ralf, so it worked on the ML63? can you post a video? Keen to be next one done

german32er 10-14-2013 10:08 PM

yes, the blip works on the ML!

vid coming tomorrow

Maverick1975 11-04-2013 04:26 PM

HI Ralf, my CLK BS ECU and TCU are in the air as we speak on the way to you 9probably laneded by now). Cant wait to get them back in the car. i was going to do the diff ratio change as well but it seems like you have had trouble finding that replacement diff housing. Would have made the car a monster! ML63 is next !

snakos 11-04-2013 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5832736)
HI Ralf, my CLK BS ECU and TCU are in the air as we speak on the way to you 9probably laneded by now). Cant wait to get them back in the car. i was going to do the diff ratio change as well but it seems like you have had trouble finding that replacement diff housing. Would have made the car a monster! ML63 is next !

About time Benny u have only been dreaming about the blip for two years 😎

Maverick1975 11-04-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by snakos (Post 5832997)
About time Benny u have only been dreaming about the blip for two years ��

Yeah i cant believe this has been going on for two freaking years! Well in the home straight now, should have the car back in one piece this weekend if Allen can deliver on his timietable. Really bummed about not being able to get the diff ratio change done, i really wanted that too.

I am even more excited about getting the ML63 done. I remember asking the guys from MHP about this about 2 years ago as they seemed to be at the cutting edge back then and was assured that it was technically impossible to do it to an ML63. ML63 TCU and ECu should be on the way to Ralf by next week and with my custom exhaust that ML is going to sound like a bit of a beast and perfect for scaring pedestrians

timeToy 11-06-2013 03:57 PM

I am interested in doing this on my 2008 E63 Wagon, I am in San Diego.

Maverick1975 11-06-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by timeToy (Post 5835109)
I am interested in doing this on my 2008 E63 Wagon, I am in San Diego.

Its very simple, just take out ECU and TCU and ship them to Ralf, you could be enjoying it within 1 week of removing these items.

EVOII_Racer 11-07-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975 (Post 5833083)

.....my custom exhaust that ML is going to sound like a bit of a beast and perfect for scaring pedestrians

Lol:y

intence 12-25-2013 12:28 AM

anyone in the USA do this to their CLK63 BS yet?

selynn 12-28-2013 08:15 PM

OK * I am willing to do the update but I find no where on this forum the amount of time or cost to get this done on me BS. Is there a PM I am missing something else. I have a shop standing by to remove the ECU and TCU but I need specifics. HELP !! PLEASE !! I need some direction. THX

Maverick1975 12-28-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by selynn (Post 5888704)
OK * I am willing to do the update but I find no where on this forum the amount of time or cost to get this done on me BS. Is there a PM I am missing something else. I have a shop standing by to remove the ECU and TCU but I need specifics. HELP !! PLEASE !! I need some direction. THX

Get a quote from Ralf on what he is now charging. I believe it cost me about EUR1000. The removal of ecu and tcu takes no time at all. Reinstalling takes about 2-3 hours with the majority of this being the time to do the TCU. You also need to replace the trans fluid as it all comes pouring out when you remove valve body. Total time for removal and reinstall I would budget 4 hours at what ever rate your work shop charges. It's prett straight forward, good luck

selynn 12-30-2013 09:52 AM

PM sent concerning upgrade

Originally Posted by german32er (Post 5810495)
yes, the blip works on the ML!

vid coming tomorrow

I sent to you a PM about "Blip Upgrade"

Maverick1975 01-09-2014 05:09 AM

Hi Ralf, got the ML63 back with blip today, very happy for sure ! It's not quite as savage sounding as on the CLK due, likely to the long tube headers in the CLK vs the shorty headers in ML but still great and it has adapted already! Great work!

german32er 01-14-2014 12:01 PM

hello ben,

have fun with the blip :y

BR to aussie

MOFLO 01-19-2014 01:03 AM

Which Tuner will be hosting 'Blip-Day' in LA/Vegas?

Definitely interested in doing this mod!

Please post or PM the details! :y

badbenzz 01-20-2014 03:05 AM

I am currently lining up a shop for Los Angeles

The Oss 01-30-2014 03:58 PM

I will be there for LA.

1JDM911 01-31-2014 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by badbenzz (Post 5913547)
I am currently lining up a shop for Los Angeles

Got your PM! plz keep me posted! :)