CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Looking for white CLK63 Black Series owner - L.A./Burbank/Glendale area.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Looking for white CLK63 Black Series owner - L.A./Burbank/Glendale area.

Hello! Is anyone on here a recent owner of a white CLK63 Black Series that was owned and serviced in the L.A./Burbank/Glendale area? I am trying to locate some additional information on the car, as I am interested in a possible purchase of the vehicle. Thank you in advance for any help!
Old 06-22-2014, 02:36 PM

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
55k miles for $54k, pretty good deal!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 1JDM911
55k miles for $54k, pretty good deal!
I disagree. Considering there is a silver car at Chicago Motors (mentioned in another thread) with only 14k miles for $69k. So either the silver car is massively underpriced, or the aforementioned white car is massively overpriced. I would say that both those statements are true, leading me to believe that the silver car is the better bargain.

Last edited by PaulWdz; 06-26-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
^^ agreed
Old 06-26-2014, 10:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
Respectfully disagree. There are more buyers chasing white and red CLK BS's than cars available at realistic prices. Lots of silver and black BS's and fewer buyers. That's why they sit at dealerships. I would do an even trade of my 40k mi. silver BS for a white or red one with 55k mi (assuming similar service histories and clean accident histories) if the offer presented itself. IMO, I think the white one is more realistically priced than the silver. In any case, the depreciation on these cars makes them incredible bang for buck used cars relative to other makes in its class. It's not perceived as a collectors car (not yet at least) and it's not a Ferrari so there's little incentive to pay up for low mileage (again, my opinion).
Old 06-27-2014, 06:26 AM

'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
I disagree. Considering there is a silver car at Chicago Motors (mentioned in another thread) with only 14k miles for $69k. So either the silver car is massively underpriced, or the aforementioned white car is massively overpriced. I would say that both those statements are true, leading me to believe that the silver car is the better bargain.
Don't get me wrong, I paid way more than that white one for mine, white also but with just 15k miles, just about a year ago, so I certainly don't mind putting out more for a car when I can enjoy more trouble-free miles in the long run; but, $69k for an abused moded car with multiple-owners in history AND a CEL? No thx.

Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
Respectfully disagree. There are more buyers chasing white and red CLK BS's than cars available at realistic prices. Lots of silver and black BS's and fewer buyers. That's why they sit at dealerships. I would do an even trade of my 40k mi. silver BS for a white or red one with 55k mi (assuming similar service histories and clean accident histories) if the offer presented itself. IMO, I think the white one is more realistically priced than the silver. In any case, the depreciation on these cars makes them incredible bang for buck used cars relative to other makes in its class. It's not perceived as a collectors car (not yet at least) and it's not a Ferrari so there's little incentive to pay up for low mileage (again, my opinion).
^+1, especially at an "asking price" with wiggle room, when there were (originally) just 10 red ones, 40 white ones, and the rest of 300 are all silver or black in North America.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Do people just not drive these cars? It's a 6+ year old car and people think 55k miles is high mileage? I want to pick one up. Don't care if it has 50k miles if the price is right and it was well taken care of. Knowing me it wont stay stock long anyway
Old 06-27-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Best way to enjoy the car... cars are meant to be driven! ;-)
Old 07-12-2014, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
Agree with you that red and white are the in demand colors and the rarest, however while comparing your 40k mile car to one with 55k mile is a fair comparison lumping either of those in a with a sub 15k mile car is absurd. Two entirely different categories of vehicle based simpky on the miles. A 55k mile BS is a high mile BS almost 4 times the miles of the 15k car. A 15k mile BS is a low mile BS, low to the tune of about 2500 miles a year considering CLK BSs started being delivered nearly 7 years ago in September of 2007.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Do people just not drive these cars? It's a 6+ year old car and people think 55k miles is high mileage? I want to pick one up. Don't care if it has 50k miles if the price is right and it was well taken care of. Knowing me it wont stay stock long anyway
Ahmad, 55k is not high miles for a nearly 7 year old car, especially one of these motors, they can take abuse. However that being said you have to look a the CLK BS category and 55k is very high miles. The higest mile CLK BS I have seen is 64k. I would say most of them average under 30k. Most guys that own these have multiple cars and only use them as weekend toys or track day cars. If I were you I would look for the highest mile car you can find becuase I think I know what you have planned for it and then beat the seller down. Anyone that thinks they will get top dollar for a BS with 40-60k miles is stoned. I don't care what color it is or how clean the Carfax is, wait a few weeks and a low mile car will pop up for nearly the same money. I keep an eye on the BS used market, the high mile ones sit and sit and sit unless they are priced aggressivly. Just take a look at other threads in his section for FS BSs further proof, nearly all of them sat unsold until they dropped their pants on the prices.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:02 PM

2001 highlander
Hmm... seems like it got somewhat off topic... anyways, I came across this one too in searching, the white one in the burbank, ca dealership. I noticed the price is pretty good, especially for a white one. One thing i noticed from the pictures is that it is debadged, at least the back is. I think alot of people were into doing that in that area at one time?? also, i looked at the carfax that was available, no incidents that were reported on it. Has anyone been to see it?
Old 08-05-2014, 04:21 PM

It's not that we don't drive the car, in fact we'd love to drive it as much as we can, but the fact is, we don't daily it. There's simply no need to suffer the vehicle through the daily commute, liabilities of driving within a bad traffic, amount of gas wasted in stop'n'go, c'mon this is a fun car, fun mileage only, please.

Personally I average about 100 miles each time I drive it, once every other Saturdays (alternating between this and my 911tt), and so far I've added around 2k miles in the past 12-months since my ownership, all fun miles with spirited driving.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:36 PM

2009 SL-63
The H&G Motorsports CLK-Black Series is for sale in San Diego. A White car with upgrades by Renntech, H&G Motorsports, Weistec & McCarbon. It will be featured here in a few days when the H&G adjustable billet rear control arms are installed. They are on the car now utilizing Derlin Bushings. This car is like new and has many new parts and fully developed now the control arms are installed.
If you want to have the ultimate Black Series take the trip to San Diego. Asking a reasonable price just 20k over most stock hi mileage cars considering the 80k in upgrades it has and the right color. Never tracked either.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ahmad, 55k is not high miles for a nearly 7 year old car, especially one of these motors, they can take abuse. However that being said you have to look a the CLK BS category and 55k is very high miles. The higest mile CLK BS I have seen is 64k. I would say most of them average under 30k. Most guys that own these have multiple cars and only use them as weekend toys or track day cars. If I were you I would look for the highest mile car you can find becuase I think I know what you have planned for it and then beat the seller down. Anyone that thinks they will get top dollar for a BS with 40-60k miles is stoned. I don't care what color it is or how clean the Carfax is, wait a few weeks and a low mile car will pop up for nearly the same money. I keep an eye on the BS used market, the high mile ones sit and sit and sit unless they are priced aggressivly. Just take a look at other threads in his section for FS BSs further proof, nearly all of them sat unsold until they dropped their pants on the prices.
Yea I think we are on the same page regarding what kind of car I would buy. I just dropped some more money in my CLK55 and am looking to buy a new house so this may be on hold unless something pops up that I want really bad.
It's not that we don't drive the car, in fact we'd love to drive it as much as we can, but the fact is, we don't daily it. There's simply no need to suffer the vehicle through the daily commute, liabilities of driving within a bad traffic, amount of gas wasted in stop'n'go, c'mon this is a fun car, fun mileage only, please.

Personally I average about 100 miles each time I drive it, once every other Saturdays (alternating between this and my 911tt), and so far I've added around 2k miles in the past 12-months since my ownership, all fun miles with spirited driving.
I understand that. But I never understood the point of having a car and not driving it. It has the same 63 motor as all the other NA 63's and they are perfectly fine for daily driving. Same gas mileage etc etc. And are we really discussing gas mileage?? I have more than 1 car too but if it's nice out I'd rather be driving the most fun/fastest one. We aren't talking about an F40 or something here. Mercedes makes their cars to be daily driveable. Automatic, comfortable, refined, etc etc. I'd even daily an SLR if I had that kind of money but maybe I see cars differently. I think they are meant to be enjoyed/driven
Old 08-07-2014, 05:40 AM

I understand that. But I never understood the point of having a car and not driving it. It has the same 63 motor as all the other NA 63's and they are perfectly fine for daily driving. Same gas mileage etc etc. And are we really discussing gas mileage?? I have more than 1 car too but if it's nice out I'd rather be driving the most fun/fastest one. We aren't talking about an F40 or something here. Mercedes makes their cars to be daily driveable. Automatic, comfortable, refined, etc etc. I'd even daily an SLR if I had that kind of money but maybe I see cars differently. I think they are meant to be enjoyed/driven
I'm not saying they're not daily-able, and it's rather not the motor making it not-preferred. The suspension/chassis is way too stiff and the ride is far from comfortable, I don't know where you're living, the road condition there, and how your daily commute is, but LA traffic sucks ***** and I would enjoy the car a lot less if that's the type of driving from most of the mileage I put onto the car. Thus when I mentioned "fun-miles-only", that's what these cars are made of, to be driven but driven under those conditions is just more ideal and much more enjoyable than stop-n-go's. On the other hand, there were actually more F40 produced (1,315 total) than CLK63BS, almost as much as double of the production of our cars; value is one thing, but to me that speaks a lot regarding to how rare it is (especially in nations besides USA) when our cars age gracefully in a distant future. Another thing to mention is, even for the best car doesn't last forever, so in regards of saving the mileage for fun miles only, ultimately we get to enjoy MORE worry-free miles out of the vehicle life-span, and with that said, that is why buying a lower mileage "un-molested" car matter more to some of us.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:28 AM

2008 CLK63 Black Series; 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser; 2015 BMW R1200GSA; 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo (gone)
I'm not saying they're not daily-able, and it's rather not the motor making it not-preferred. The suspension/chassis is way too stiff and the ride is far from comfortable, I don't know where you're living, the road condition there, and how your daily commute is, but LA traffic sucks ***** and I would enjoy the car a lot less if that's the type of driving from most of the mileage I put onto the car. Thus when I mentioned "fun-miles-only", that's what these cars are made of, to be driven but driven under those conditions is just more ideal and much more enjoyable than stop-n-go's. On the other hand, there were actually more F40 produced (1,315 total) than CLK63BS, almost as much as double of the production of our cars; value is one thing, but to me that speaks a lot regarding to how rare it is (especially in nations besides USA) when our cars age gracefully in a distant future. Another thing to mention is, even for the best car doesn't last forever, so in regards of saving the mileage for fun miles only, ultimately we get to enjoy MORE worry-free miles out of the vehicle life-span, and with that said, that is why buying a lower mileage "un-molested" car matter more to some of us.
There's no right or wrong answer in this discussion...boils down to what's right for you. Some on this forum prefer to garage their cars, taking them on trips around the block on sunny days, when the temperature is between 70-75 degrees and humidity is low. For others like me, I use it as a limited daily driver (between 6-8K miles/year) and enjoy it every time I get behind the wheel. Unfortunately, while I was lucky enough to find myself in a position to buy one of these beasts, I'm not in the position where I can afford a relatively expensive weekend toy; or better yet, one of many expensive weekend toys.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
I sold my Mars red BS couple years ago for $93k......exactly what I bought it for from the dealership. It only had 7000 miles and a couple of mods, including Vorsteinner rear wing and HRE rims. Wish I had it back, but no way would I spend $20-30k extra just for Mars red.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
There is a silver CLK63 BS for sale at Phillips Auto in Newport Beach with 12K miles for $70K.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by kb24forlife24
There is a silver CLK63 BS for sale at Phillips Auto in Newport Beach with 12K miles for $70K.

that's a great deal!