CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Rear control arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Steve B
Camber plates are designed for the front suspension only. You get adjustment & access in the engine compartment on top of the shock/spring tower. Camber is adjusted by the rear lower control arm. Look at the photos on my previous posts.
DOH! Sorry for the silly question. I knew that but had a brain lapse for a moment...
Old 10-07-2014, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Just finished two days on the track at Willow Springs with the adjustable control arms with the West Coast Racing group.

My initial impression on the street was a huge improvement, but it far greater on the track. The twitchy rear end is gone. You can put the power down and the rear end bites like a pit bull.
This has also enhanced the other mods of the spring changes. I previously had the shorter Evosport springs which didn't improve the track time and caused the car to handle like a 500 hp go kart. Shorter springs limit the shock travel and causes the car to hit the bump stops. So I changed the springs, stiffer in front and softer in the rear raising the ride height to stock setting.
The best mod you can make is the adjustable control arms.