CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Nero for sale. My CLK63 Black Series, 28k miles, $50k in upgrades, all records. MINT!

Old 04-24-2017, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Where else would you recommend I list this car for sale? I have only listed it here on these forums (the For Sale section too), and on Ebay, and have just had my time wasted repeatedly. Any other ideas where I could find some legitimate buyers? I already have it priced several thousand dollars below comparable cars on the market, so short of just wholesaling it (which I refuse to do), where else would you go to find a buyer?
Old 04-24-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Mercedes e500
Try CarGurus.com, it is free to post for individuals. The other site I used when I was looking for a Black was Autotrader. More eyeballs the better chance you will find the right buyer.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
This car is achingly gorgeous.

I truly hope you can get your asking price. I sold my last toy at an aggressive price due to life circumstances, and it sucked majorly.

What is the fastest 1/4 mile time you've run in this car? Or, did you ever race it much?

I might buy a lotto ticket tonight, LMAO.

Gorgeous car man.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
It's hard to find a buyer with "loud" modifications like. Right blue accents on a car. Most that are willing to pay a premium don't want that if they are looking for a collectible unfortunately

Last edited by blackbenzz; 04-24-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CLKBS
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
It's hard to find a buyer with "loud" modifications like. Right blue accents on a car. Most that are willing to pay a premium don't want that if they are looking for a collectible unfortunately
Unfortunately this is so true with this car.

I have wanted to mod mine(BLIP) but won't due to re sale issues.

Best if lock its a beautiful car!
Old 04-25-2017, 01:24 AM

2003 Mercedes e500
Originally Posted by Derekm15
Unfortunately this is so true with this car.

I have wanted to mod mine(BLIP) but won't due to re sale issues.

Best if lock its a beautiful car!

The Throttle blip upgrade is just a tune, very easy to have it flashed back to stock.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by ClkBlk22
The Throttle blip upgrade is just a tune, very easy to have it flashed back to stock.
^^^ Exactly! ^^^
Old 05-02-2017, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
I have not updated or relisted the vehicle on Ebay yet because I needed a little break from all of the tire kickers and time wasters. So if you need pictures in the meantime, read the article that was done here on our web site about my car, and contains several professional pictures from just a month or two ago.

https://mbworld.org/articles/mercede...-black-series/

The only difference from the main description on my post here is that in addition to the $1,200 on belts and just that were just done a few hundred miles ago, I spent an additional $2,100 on getting the 30K service done ahead of time, a brand new OEM Mercedes Benz battery, and some other service related matters, all to make sure the car is a legitimately perfect car that will require ZERO dollars spent by the new owner. I doubt any of the other cars people are looking at are in that condition, regardless of mileage.

Last edited by Meeyatch1; 05-02-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Does the car come with everything needed to revert back to completely stock?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Does the car come with everything needed to revert back to completely stock?

I wish it would let me edit the original post (or maybe an admin can fix it), because people keep asking me about this. Admins....can you please let me edit the original or add this for me?

The only stock parts that I have are the original wheels and tires that have 8k miles on them, and are in exceptional condition. They are not included at the current price, but can be negotiated into a different price, or the buyer can choose to retain either the OEM or HRE and let me keep the others.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:04 PM

2003 Mercedes e500
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
I wish it would let me edit the original post (or maybe an admin can fix it), because people keep asking me about this. Admins....can you please let me edit the original or add this for me?

The only stock parts that I have are the original wheels and tires that have 8k miles on them, and are in exceptional condition. They are not included at the current price, but can be negotiated into a different price, or the buyer can choose to retain either the OEM or HRE and let me keep the others.

You might want to list with the original wheels, you should see more interest. Original wheels bring up the value quite a bit. I purchased my Black with HREs (originals not included) for 5k-10k under market at the time.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ClkBlk22
You might want to list with the original wheels, you should see more interest. Original wheels bring up the value quite a bit. I purchased my Black with HREs (originals not included) for 5k-10k under market at the time.
I don't want to put the OEM wheels back on. Because even with them being in exceptional condition, and only having 8k miles, they are still 9 year old tires. Most people forget that tires have a lifespan of only about 5 - 7 years before they start to become hard and dry rot. Not worth risking the car for photo value, but I do appreciate your point. My conscience just won't let me risk the safety of the new buyer just for market value.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:32 PM

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
I don't want to put the OEM wheels back on. Because even with them being in exceptional condition, and only having 8k miles, they are still 9 year old tires. Most people forget that tires have a lifespan of only about 5 - 7 years before they start to become hard and dry rot. Not worth risking the car for photo value, but I do appreciate your point. My conscience just won't let me risk the safety of the new buyer just for market value.
the car would definitely sell at a higher asking than now, at the point it would justify the cost of turning it back to stock:

-stock US spec or ROW airbox
-stock wheels reinstalled, get some new tires for them if necessary

it's been many months since this was listed, and who knows how many more months to go, might as well cough up some mulla to make it more attractable; you'll be able to recoup most of that from selling off the aftermarket intake & aftermarket wheels during this time, while, bottom line, being able to have a higher selling price, and to be able to sell it a lot sooner.

also, i know what i'm doing now sorta contradict with what i'm about to say, but do let this post die-down and stop replying here with one price-drop after another one; and no link within another link within another link, that leads to no pics... just post up the pic in a new post, and this time, write exactly what should be written, keep it minimal, buyers should do their own homework on everything else.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Agreed. I would buy it if it had stock parts. But he doesn't have a lot of the stock parts. Would have to replace intake manifold and valve covers, exhaust manifold and exhaust. Redo calipers etc etc. Adds up. To a collector they want stock. Performance stuff is nice but loses that collector value which has a decade old car still going for over 60k
Old 05-08-2017, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, it makes no sense for me to spend $8,000 buying stock parts and having it converted back just to maybe get that much (or likely less) after having it converted. Because I am sure that someone would complain that it was "previously modified", and I would be no better off than I am now....plus, I just don't have the time to mess with converting it back. If someone cannot see the value in how much better my car has been cared for than most others on the market, then I will just deal with it.

In the meantime, I will let this thread and the other one just die out, and find some other avenue to sell my beloved car.