CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Potential Value Rising?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 63 AMG Black Series, BMW E46 M3 CS, BMW E30 M3 Evolution, Audi RS4
Potential Value Rising?

Unfortunately I need to sell a car and it is coming down to either my '08 997TT or my Black Series.
Now I know all of you on this forum will say sell the Porsche but values on these cars are climbing faster then the BS so it might be wise to maybe consider the Benz?

But with the upcoming 2019 GT Black series to be introduced this may spark an interest in the Black series cars again and they may see their true value reflected in an increased price.

So with open mind would you please give me your thoughts on what would bring the best return on whatever investment ( stupid thought) because we all know which returns the best enjoyment.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CLK 63 AMG Black Series, A45 AMG
In Europe where CLK BS value had really increased (more 100K€) I should say the CLK BS, because the value of the Porsche is still increasing.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CLKBS
Originally Posted by Snarfdog
Unfortunately I need to sell a car and it is coming down to either my '08 997TT or my Black Series.
Now I know all of you on this forum will say sell the Porsche but values on these cars are climbing faster then the BS so it might be wise to maybe consider the Benz?

But with the upcoming 2019 GT Black series to be introduced this may spark an interest in the Black series cars again and they may see their true value reflected in an increased price.

So with open mind would you please give me your thoughts on what would bring the best return on whatever investment ( stupid thought) because we all know which returns the best enjoyment.
I would say the Porsche , if this was a GT3 or ect I think that would be a different case.

id love to trade my BS for a GT3 one day
Old 10-21-2017, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 63 AMG Black Series, BMW E46 M3 CS, BMW E30 M3 Evolution, Audi RS4
Thanks for your thoughts, it's a tough one since the Porsche market is up and comparatively fewer Porsches were sold 07 to 10 because of the down economy.

But every time I see my Black Series the lines just make that car. And like I said before with the late 2018 arrival of a 2019 GT Black Series this might be the boost needed to re spark interest in possibly the best raw driver's car Mercedes/AMG have put together in the last decade plus.

The SLR, the SLS and the GT / GT-S / GT-R ( The later being new) have all remained up market, even the C63 Black Series which bests the CLK BS only by better transmission is remaining higher value.

Something has got to show people that the CLK 63 Black is on par with these other great MB / AMG vehicles.

I think I just talked myself into selling the Porsche, I can always buy another one down the road and since the shape hasn't changed much will not seem that different.

I can't say that about my Black Series, 1 year made, 349 cars, and it's still from Stuttgart!
Old 10-21-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK63 BS, 996 Turbo, Lexus ES300h
Good call, probably easier to get back into a Porsche than a black series down the road.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:14 PM

CLKBS
Thanks for your thoughts, it's a tough one since the Porsche market is up and comparatively fewer Porsches were sold 07 to 10 because of the down economy.

But every time I see my Black Series the lines just make that car. And like I said before with the late 2018 arrival of a 2019 GT Black Series this might be the boost needed to re spark interest in possibly the best raw driver's car Mercedes/AMG have put together in the last decade plus.

The SLR, the SLS and the GT / GT-S / GT-R ( The later being new) have all remained up market, even the C63 Black Series which bests the CLK BS only by better transmission is remaining higher value.

Something has got to show people that the CLK 63 Black is on par with these other great MB / AMG vehicles.

I think I just talked myself into selling the Porsche, I can always buy another one down the road and since the shape hasn't changed much will not seem that different.

I can't say that about my Black Series, 1 year made, 349 cars, and it's still from Stuttgart!
I have to agree the lines on the black series make it one of the nicest cars on the street! No joke! Like the person below said it's easier to get into a Porsche again especially a TT. I know I keep pushing Gt3 ect but those are much rarer then a TT ( in my knowledge)

i actually forgot that the GT was getting a BS just because like you said the "brand" seems to have died a bit an many people still don't know what a BS is.

Also people don't know this the CLK BS does not drive anything like the GT it does not even come close. I promise who ever doubt that.

best of luck.

p.s see how many TT are on rennlist and in ebay vs any BS for sale
Old 10-26-2017, 10:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 C63 Amg
Well I don't think the BS especially the clk63 will get lower . They seem to hover around 50 to 70 all the time .
Old 10-27-2017, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, CLK 63 Black series, CLS63 AMG shooting brake
In Europe, low miles CLK BS go into +100k without any problem. The difference between USA market and European market is so big that I imported mine from USA to Europe. So value is a strange thing but just always remember, a CLK BS is still much more rare than a 997TT.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
While the 997TT is a great car and all 911's right now are increasing in value, the only ones that will probably continue to go up (until the bubble pops) is the GT3.

The CLK BS appears to slowly be going up in price, and I regret not buying one when they were solidly in the $45-55k range. I suspect that in the long term, your CLK BS will go up more than the 997TT.

So sell the Porsche.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:58 AM

2014 C63 Amg
The BS clk63 will always be a rare car . It's body lines will always stand out . The Porsche and I love them , will always look the same . I always get the crowd standing around when I go to the AMG place for service .
Old 10-28-2017, 02:14 AM

2014 C63 Amg

I don't. Know , it's a toss up . Both are bad azz
Old 10-28-2017, 02:22 AM

2014 C63 Amg
Is it possible that the BS is cheaper to maintain and repair ? The m156 motor is built and can take track abuse without worry
Old 12-03-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E320
The CLK63 Black series is a modern classic.

Very low volume , track focused.... and just LOOK at it.
You also will likely never see another one while driving yours.

It will only continue to go up and eventually over the original value in the coming years.

I was lucky enough to drive one in the hills near SF... and have wanted one ever since.

One day....one day.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:47 PM

2014 C63 Amg
Today was warm and sonny , got the BS out and drove . So happy I have one you just never get tired of it . Some cars get boring to drive after awhile , I also have a 2014 c63 , and it's awesome , but the BS , just amazing .
Old 12-17-2017, 08:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
CLK63 Black

I don't agree with you here. The C63 BS is a better car in a lot of ways IMO. I sold my CLK BS about a year ago and purchased a C63. Not knocking the CLK cause they are insane cars, but the C63 is just on a slightly different level.

Last edited by Ron Olson; 01-01-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by Ron Olson
I don't agree with you here. The C63 BS is a better car in a lot of ways IMO. I sold my CLK BS about a year ago and purchased a C63. Not knocking the CLK cause they are insane cars, but the C63 is just on a slightly different level.
may be so, but no offense the c63 black series will not be respected as the the clk black series because c63 IMO is not a mans car but a kids car(meaning its does not give the prominence I.G clk DTM recently sold for 400k at auction and the clk gtr). I thought about buying a c63 a few friends that collect cars said don't
Old 12-17-2017, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Derekm15
I would say the Porsche , if this was a GT3 or ect I think that would be a different case.

id love to trade my BS for a GT3 one day
that's next car I get 07 or 08 gt3 can't afford the RS, I watch auctions all the time and the gt3 with around 35k miles are starting to go under 100k.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:11 PM

CLKBS
Originally Posted by Manuyc
may be so, but no offense the c63 black series will not be respected as the the clk black series because c63 IMO is not a mans car but a kids car(meaning its does not give the prominence I.G clk DTM recently sold for 400k at auction and the clk gtr). I thought about buying a c63 a few friends that collect cars said don't
Nobody else thinks the C63 BS is a better car expect this clown. He is always in our section promoting his car.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:57 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CLK 63 AMG Black Series, A45 AMG
The C63 BS has a better gearbox (MCT) and a better ESP (3 modes) but if am not mistaken, The CLK BS has more pieces that are specific (carbon door panel, etc), than C63 BS which uses the peices of C63 and E63.

I prefer the CLK BS and it is why I baought one and not a C63 BS but I can understand other people prefer C63 BS.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Nobody else thinks the C63 BS is a better car expect this clown. He is always in our section promoting his car.
no need to resort to personal attacks and name calling just because you get offended....he has/had both, so his opinion is more valid than yours. To say one car is more "respected" vs another is plain laughable.

And imho if a CLKDTM only sold for 400K, that is not a promising variable in any of these cars value. Seems like 400K is alot less than expected.

Last edited by Doctodd33; 12-18-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, CLK 63 Black series, CLS63 AMG shooting brake
The C63 AMG BS is much younger so I can understand it gives you a more up to date feeling. But more than that...

When I was on the market a year ago to purchase my first BS, I had the choice between a CLK BS and a C BS. The prices were pretty equal so that was not the issue. But in the long shot, the CLK is just that little more that I didn't find with the C. Don't get me wrong, if the time is right I would love to buy myself a C BS as brother for the CLK BS.

Last edited by Mathi; 12-18-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:27 AM

CLK63 Black
I've owned both so I thought I'd share my experience with other enthusiasts, and for that I'm a clown? I'm not trying to offend anyone or knock the CLK and my opinion isn't going to hurt the value of anyone's car so settle down Francis. If this board had a forum for my new car I probably wouldn't even check in here but this is the closest that I can get to engaging people with similar tastes in cars. I loved my CLK, in fact the only reason I got rid of it is I needed a rear seat, but that being said I surprisingly found another BS car that TO ME is even more enjoyable. I assume that alot of guys like me on this board like to change things up every couple of years so I'm just throwing my 2 cents out there about a similar priced option that still smells like crayons. Don't take it so personal.
This post was from another member on this board so apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way.

04-28-2012, 11:24 PM
@rage2
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Ahh sorry missed that.

It'll be a while before I get it out on a proper track. We lost ours last fall (closed down to expand the waste treatment plant... grrr) but I have been able to get more impressions by driving quite hard elsewhere...

Low speed turn-in was my favorite handling trait on the CLK63 BS, and now that I've been able to get some decent temps into the tire, the C63 BS lost that edge. It's not that it's any slower, just feels like it need more steering angle, so it lost a little bit of that razor edge feel at low speeds, and only low speeds (ie 2nd gear corners). Anything faster, the sharpness comes right back. Really strange.

I can't trail brake as deep as the CLK BS anymore, the rear end wants to come around a lot more under heavy trail braking. On the bright side, I'm definately getting more speed through the corners, so it's more adjusting my driving style, off the brakes earlier on turn in and back on the throttle, balancing the car slightly sideways. If you watch the Top Gear lap on the C63 BS, even for high speed corners the tail swings out under trail braking, and the Stig seems to do the same thing to keep speeds up. This is apparent at any speed, feels kinda sketch when it's happening at 70mph lol. Don't even want to know what happens at higher speeds unless it's on a track.

ESP Sport/Handling mode or whatever is amazing. It lets you have decent slip angles, but not enough to melt tires in 4 laps Clarkson style (that needs ESP off) and if anything, helps you find the fastest speeds around the corner. The AMG Performance Media option is wicked too, I've been able to pull steady 1.1g's and there's room for more if I can get the tires hot enough. Again, need track to do that. It's nice to see how you're "performing" in day to day drives, or on the track. In summary, wouldn't think twice about upgrading from the CLK BS to the C BS. Its a lot more car, and yes, I miss the pillarless all 4 windows down feeling of the CLK, but it's insignificant compared to all the upgrades. Even if the CLK can get throttle blipping, I'd still prefer the C.

I think I've derailed this thread enough, maybe have to find a new thread to talk more about it.

Last edited by Ron Olson; 12-18-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:33 AM

CLK63 Black
Originally Posted by Manuyc
that's next car I get 07 or 08 gt3 can't afford the RS, I watch auctions all the time and the gt3 with around 35k miles are starting to go under 100k.
Yep. The GT3 is the car in my future too. Just got to work a little harder I guess....
Old 12-18-2017, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Tex5
The C63 BS has a better gearbox (MCT) and a better ESP (3 modes) but if am not mistaken, The CLK BS has more pieces that are specific (carbon door panel, etc), than C63 BS which uses the peices of C63 and E63.

I prefer the CLK BS and it is why I baought one and not a C63 BS but I can understand other people prefer C63 BS.
you are right about the c63 gearbox I have heard that as well. plus some say the carbon fiber is better quality on the c63. I’m very happy with the carbon fiber on my clk Black.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Yep. The GT3 is the car in my future too. Just got to work a little harder I guess....
ditto

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.