CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Recaro Sportster Seats

Old 03-14-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cars
Recaro Sportster Seats

Has anyone swapped Recaro Sportster seats into their CLK63? I saw them in the pictures on Rarefab's roll bar website (http://www.rarefab.com/clk63-amg-black-series/). Is that anyone on here's car? Wondering what rails were used, whether they have sliding ability and what was needed to be done to prevent any unwanted lights on the dash.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-14-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
+1 would love to know about this as well. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:15 PM

Cars
Spoke with RaceFab...they no longer produce roll bars for the CLK by the way.

they said they used the OEM sliders on a custom seat bracket, but since they don't have access to a CLK, wouldn't have the ability to make more without a car at their shop. They don't have contact with the owner of the black one pictured. They also said they didn't have success with ridding the airbag lights but know that is an issue that can probably be worked through.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:56 PM

Cars
I think I figured out the slider/rail answer. Now just need help with the airbag question. I suppose that's more of a general question than a seat specific question. Going to start a new thread.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:22 AM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
Sportser's come w/the side mounts from Recaro. You'll need sliders (Recaro makes those as well) and mounting brackets to attach the seat to the floor. Planted makes them for W209 CLKs (http://www.plantedtechnology.com/pla...ger-right.html). Good luck.