MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLS Coupe (C218) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c218-157/)
-   -   Bluetooth sound quality issues? (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c218/440819-bluetooth-sound-quality-issues.html)

Ohji 03-27-2012 12:21 AM

Bluetooth sound quality issues?

Hi all,

I live in Oregon, and our highways are loud, loud, LOUD! I have never experienced highways so loud before. The roads are very uneven, creating a lot of road noise in the cabin when on the freeway, and I have found that no one can hear me when I use the bluetooth in the car. I have to repeat myself over and over, and the callers on the other end say they hear loud noises and that my voice sounds garbled and indistinct. I called my parents once when I was on the freeway while it was raining, and they thought I was inside a blender. I would simply attribute this to the noise of the rain/road, but my previous TL's Bluetooth sound quality was infinitely better. Also, if I hold my phone in my lap and use the speakerphone, everyone says it sounds a lot better.

Is MB's Bluetooth system just poorly designed, or do I have a potentially fixable issue?

Ohji 03-29-2012 07:21 PM

I'm assuming that since no one replied, I am the only one with sound quality issues. :D

Anyway, just an update. I went to the engineering menu to see if there was a gain setting or anything that might explain my sound quality woes, and I found a setting in the telephone menu under SW settings that was something like "EC/NR." It was set as "Deact" so I changed it to active, and it seems like the quality is better now. I'm assuming EC/NR is "error correction/noise reduction" and I am surprised it was deactivated.

Anyway, I have yet to drive back on our loud highways in the rain, so I haven't fully tested the change, but I'll report back if it turns out that this is not the solution.

If anyone happens to be in the engineering mode, I'd be curious to know what your EC/NR setting is.

tmushy 03-30-2012 02:59 AM

If you want to let me know how you got into that engineering mode I will tell you tomorrow when I get my car back. My bluetooth audio calls are not that great either

Klanse 03-30-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
push these inputs in middle console (hang up phone button) + 1 + # the same time. you will be in engineering mode.

in engineering mode press ( hang up phone button ) + 4 + # the same time . you will be in another menu.

check the version in one of these menus.

you can also change some settings. __________________

Ohji 03-30-2012 01:02 PM

Exactly as Klanse stated above, except you don't have to go into the second menu. Once you do the "hangup + pound + 1" for about 10 seconds, a menu will appear. Select SW options, then telephone info (or something like that), and you will see the setting for the EC/NR.

Windwagen 02-14-2019 07:36 PM

Reviving an old thread....
I just wanted to thank you for this great advice. My handsfree was essentislly useless till today. The missus confirmed that its a huge improvement.

The local mb dealer appears to be unaware of this setting. And why was it set this way to begin with???

Thanks again!

haa 03-08-2019 03:20 AM

Anyone know how to get into engineering mode with the newer command modules that have no numerical buttons in the center console?

haa 03-09-2019 10:44 AM

Found it!

wmkizer 03-25-2019 07:29 AM

I'm going to my dealer this Wednesday (27 March). I had upgraded my CLS Comand to the 14U Smartphone integration package and ever since, my Bluetooth quality had gone downhill.

Thank you for this!

konigstiger 03-27-2019 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by wmkizer
Would there be a "Service Sheet for Mercedes-Benz System (USA)" for the 2015 C218 CLS550 that I could trouble you for?

See attachment.

wmkizer 03-27-2019 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by konigstiger (Post 7716593)
See attachment.

Hot Dog! Thank you very much..

Bill

wmkizer 04-19-2019 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by wmkizer (Post 7714323)
I'm going to my dealer this Wednesday (27 March). I had upgraded my CLS Comand to the 14U Smartphone integration package and ever since, my Bluetooth quality had gone downhill.

Thank you for this!

Ok I went to the dealer and they dicovered there was a Comand update to the fire=mware which they performed and they confirmed all noise cancelation was activated for the bluetooth so its night and day difference now. Thank you for this info...

Only negative now is when I connect via carplay, the volume is now reduced for phone calls. So next time I go for service I'll ask them to check on that.

Jan AMG 07-07-2019 03:17 PM

Great info, thanks.