MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLS Coupe (C218) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c218-157/)
-   -   Picked up new 2014 CLS550 a week ago... (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c218/526297-picked-up-new-2014-cls550-week-ago.html)

BenzCali 01-05-2014 01:30 AM

Picked up new 2014 CLS550 a week ago...

4 Attachment(s)
Went for a photoshoot in Downtown LA.

mb_21 01-05-2014 02:34 AM

Congrats on the new ride! Any future mods?

OBP 01-05-2014 07:10 AM

Congrats. Steel Grey Metallic with Wheel Package 2 I guess ? What color is the interior ? Any other fun options ?

BenzCali 01-05-2014 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by mb_21 (Post 5895938)
Congrats on the new ride! Any future mods?

Thank you. Currently I am thinking of lowering the suspension. I am looking to see what is the best way to do so.

Originally Posted by OBP (Post 5896015)
Congrats. Steel Grey Metallic with Wheel Package 2 I guess ? What color is the interior ? Any other fun options ?

Thank You. The MSRP on the vehicle is $82,430. Interior is a black sport leather with burl walnut wood trim.

*Parktronic (with active parking assist) - which I haven't used it yet...
*Active Multicontour Driver Seat - which I am in love with.
*Illuminated Door Sills
*Rear Deck Spoiler
*Premium 1 Package
*Wheel Package Plus One
*Lane Tracking Package - Lane Keeping Assist does get a little annoying after some time...
*Comfort Box

OBP 01-05-2014 08:32 AM

Nice build and nice interior - very classic. I have the same black sport leather with light grey stitching but I got the light satin poplar wood instead. We nearly got the steel grey metallic exterior but opted to go palladium silver instead. Real close thing for us, having to do with having owned mostly dark colored cars until recently so just wanted a contrast.

I found lane tracking is tolerable as long as you know all it wants is for you to switch on your turn signals.

The one thing which is pretty good about lane tracking is the system seems to know which way you are deviating and it vibrates either the left or right side of the steering wheel accordingly.

Enjoy your new CLS in good health and post more pics when you can.

BenzCali 01-06-2014 05:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OBP (Post 5896049)
Nice build and nice interior - very classic. I have the same black sport leather with light grey stitching but I got the light satin poplar wood instead. We nearly got the steel grey metallic exterior but opted to go palladium silver instead. Real close thing for us, having to do with having owned mostly dark colored cars until recently so just wanted a contrast.

I found lane tracking is tolerable as long as you know all it wants is for you to switch on your turn signals.

The one thing which is pretty good about lane tracking is the system seems to know which way you are deviating and it vibrates either the left or right side of the steering wheel accordingly.

Enjoy your new CLS in good health and post more pics when you can.

I always owned vehicles with black exterior (Previous vehicle black E-class); however, I was tired of seeing dust/dirt all over the vehicle even though I had it car washed less than a day ago. With steel grey it is amazing how it looks good even thought the car has dust all over. This was one of the reasons I chose this color. My second choice was actually palladium silver. :)

I will actually give it another try in regards to lane tracking system. A lot of times I don't use my turn signals when there are no cars behind me.

Thank you once more and I will have more pictures soon. There are few more pictures in my website under the CLS550 folder but those pictures are also taken in Downtown LA.

bigigg 01-06-2014 06:21 AM

Welcome, and good luck with the new car. Good to see another active member.. the c218 forum is kinda "dead"

fifrasco 01-09-2014 04:01 PM

Did you purchase it at any of the downtown LA dealerships? I been debating weather to trade my 2008 cls for a newer one.

BenzCali 01-10-2014 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by bigigg (Post 5897034)
Welcome, and good luck with the new car. Good to see another active member.. the c218 forum is kinda "dead"

Thank you and I certainly agree with you.

Originally Posted by fifrasco (Post 5901586)
Did you purchase it at any of the downtown LA dealerships? I been debating weather to trade my 2008 cls for a newer one.

I actually purchased it from Mercedes Benz Keyes of Van Nuys. I personally never drove 08 CLS and I really can't tell the difference. I would suggest that you purchase your vehicle at the end of any month for the best deals. Good Luck!

XxLHCxX 01-13-2014 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by ArsenMB (Post 5895906)

Your shots are absolutely beautiful. May I ask what kind of camera you used and what the settings were? Thanks :)

marc777 01-13-2014 03:54 PM

Congratulations , lovely car !

BenzCali 01-15-2014 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by XxLHCxX (Post 5905876)
Your shots are absolutely beautiful. May I ask what kind of camera you used and what the settings were? Thanks :)

Thank you! The shots were taken with Nikon D5200.

Focal Length: 18mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Exposure: Varies
Aperture: Varies

I have uploaded all of the images in my website. You can find all the images in the folder "2014 CLS550" and as you hover on the images, you will see the settings for each image.

You will get better shots if you have ultra-wide angle lenses. I didn't have my lenses with me, and therefore all my shots were taken with 18mm focal length. I would suggest using 10mm or even 8mm.

Originally Posted by marc777 (Post 5905926)
Congratulations , lovely car !

Thank you. :)

XxLHCxX 01-15-2014 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by ArsenMB (Post 5907969)
Thank you! The shots were taken with Nikon D5200.

Focal Length: 18mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Exposure: Varies
Aperture: Varies

I have uploaded all of the images in my website. You can find all the images in the folder "2014 CLS550" and as you hover on the images, you will see the settings for each image.

You will get better shots if you have ultra-wide angle lenses. I didn't have my lenses with me, and therefore all my shots were taken with 18mm focal length. I would suggest using 10mm or even 8mm.

I will definitely try that out :). I have the Nikon D600 (am not pro by any means but enjoy taking pictures) and the reason I got that is because I got it for like 50% off brand new when it first came out :). Now I just need to find a nice place to take the pictures at night haha :)

150shot 01-15-2014 08:01 PM

Arsen, need any other cars for photo shoots to add to your Website or Gallery..great pics!

BenzCali 02-10-2014 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by XxLHCxX (Post 5908110)
I will definitely try that out :). I have the Nikon D600 (am not pro by any means but enjoy taking pictures) and the reason I got that is because I got it for like 50% off brand new when it first came out :). Now I just need to find a nice place to take the pictures at night haha :)

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy lately. Thats an amazing deal you got for that type of a camera. The best place is a parking lot around evening, you will find less cars or even none at times (which was my case). Would love to see you work once you are done.

Originally Posted by 150shot (Post 5908956)
Arsen, need any other cars for photo shoots to add to your Website or Gallery..great pics!

Thank you and I will defiantly let you know.

BenzCali 02-10-2014 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another shot I took yesterday late night in Downtown, Los Angeles. High resolution can be found in my flickr site.

www.flickr.com/arsenphotos

W209W 12-12-2016 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by ArsenMB (Post 5895906)

Would you mind sharing high res pic of this image?

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...77e3030f99.jpg