Electronic whirrin noise and sounds of air being released after car is parked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 CLS550
Electronic whirrin noise and sounds of air being released after car is parked

So, I've always noticed this noise after shutting the car off after a drive. it's a whirring noise like electronics in the trunk followed by like air brake release noises. Sometimes this happens again after an hour or so. Everyday after start up and backing up out of the driveway the compressor comes on for the airmatic suspension. It's always done this. Car has 13,700 miles and purchased this past March with 7500 miles on it. So I'm wondering, is this normal, or is my airmatic suspension leaking? Thought I'd as you guys if I needed to visit the dealer for a repair. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by mazzojo
So, I've always noticed this noise after shutting the car off after a drive. it's a whirring noise like electronics in the trunk followed by like air brake release noises. Sometimes this happens again after an hour or so. Everyday after start up and backing up out of the driveway the compressor comes on for the airmatic suspension. It's always done this. Car has 13,700 miles and purchased this past March with 7500 miles on it. So I'm wondering, is this normal, or is my airmatic suspension leaking? Thought I'd as you guys if I needed to visit the dealer for a repair. Thanks!
all normal --- air matic is the farting air sounds
whirring/turbine is the ventilation of the headlamps, you may have the active led package

my 2014 e63S and 2014 e550 did the same and never a problem
Old 09-04-2017, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 CLS550
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
all normal --- air matic is the farting air sounds
whirring/turbine is the ventilation of the headlamps, you may have the active led package

my 2014 e63S and 2014 e550 did the same and never a problem
LOL, thanks. I'm always like the car just farts when someone asks me, and Yes, I have the adaptive LED headlights. It's such a strange noise. almost like high pitched electronic signal sounds.