Need new front strut

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti g37xs
Need new front strut

Hey guys. My front right is leaking. What are some other brands that I can use to replace it myself? It looks pretty easy to do but the part at Mercedes is 1000$.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 E450
Google search "Arnott".
Old 08-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
We are currently finishing up the design and starting to remanufacture OE front air struts for the W218 CLS-Class and W212 E-Class without 4MATIC. Quantities will be limited - there are not a lot of cores out there yet since this is a relatively new application.

Once we have them listed on the site as "Coming Soon" you can note your interest and will be informed when they are released. I'll send you a note if and when I see them as Coming Soon or For Sale. https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...air-suspensionArnott's AS-3239/40 are completely remanufactured OE Front struts for the 2010-2016 Mercedes-Benz® E-Class (W212) and 2011-2017 CLS-Class (W218) w/o 4MATIC. Each strut is painstakingly tested, disassembled, cleaned, recharged, painted and rebuilt from the ground up. The Arnott remanufactured strut features a new multi-ply rubber air bladder manufactured by ContiTech along with new dust boots, protective aluminum can, heavy duty crimping rings, O-Rings, and new air fitting. The Arnott remanufactured strut design is not only more efficient, but it’s also much more affordable! This Arnott remanufactured strut is designed to work with the vehicle’s active damping and auto leveling suspension controls and is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. This strut is for vehicles without 4MATIC. NOTE: International shipping is not available for this product outside North America and the EU Zone.
https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...air-suspension
Old 08-16-2018, 02:24 AM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by arnottdoug
We are currently finishing up the design and starting to remanufacture OE front air struts for the W218 CLS-Class and W212 E-Class without 4MATIC. Quantities will be limited - there are not a lot of cores out there yet since this is a relatively new application.

Once we have them listed on the site as "Coming Soon" you can note your interest and will be informed when they are released. I'll send you a note if and when I see them as Coming Soon or For Sale. https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...air-suspensionArnott's AS-3239/40 are completely remanufactured OE Front struts for the 2010-2016 Mercedes-Benz® E-Class (W212) and 2011-2017 CLS-Class (W218) w/o 4MATIC. Each strut is painstakingly tested, disassembled, cleaned, recharged, painted and rebuilt from the ground up. The Arnott remanufactured strut features a new multi-ply rubber air bladder manufactured by ContiTech along with new dust boots, protective aluminum can, heavy duty crimping rings, O-Rings, and new air fitting. The Arnott remanufactured strut design is not only more efficient, but it’s also much more affordable! This Arnott remanufactured strut is designed to work with the vehicle’s active damping and auto leveling suspension controls and is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. This strut is for vehicles without 4MATIC. NOTE: International shipping is not available for this product outside North America and the EU Zone.
Do you have anything for 4Matic? Anything in the works? (BTW, what's different between 4Matic and non-4Matic struts?)
Old 08-16-2018, 11:43 AM

2019 E450
Looks like they only have rears.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:45 AM

2019 E450
Originally Posted by arnottdoug

Would Arnott entertain a rebuild service? Ship old to you and have it rebuilt and shipped bac
John
Old 08-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Originally Posted by unlukky
Would Arnott entertain a rebuild service? Ship old to you and have it rebuilt and shipped bac
John
Unfortunately Arnott does not offer a rebuild service. We did way back in the day but now have to work more efficiently - which means building a set number of them on a schedule.

Our process doesn't start with a core and end with a reman right away. We have teams and different lines that do individual portions of the process .A couple of skilled techs will test and tear them down and put them in a bin for the next team to steam clean. Then they get tumble blasted to bare metal (which could be on a different day) and then they wait to be recharged using a pretty complicated process of cutting and draining the shock, taking out the piston and parts, replacing the worn parts and then using a special machine another team refills them with high performance oil and yet another team will put them on a computer dyno machine to test for OE functionality and quality. Another couple of guys/gals then test and put the ADS Coil back on with new wires and plugs. Then they go to the paint center and temporarily are stored to dry. At that point they may go back to the warehouse for awhile awaiting a scheduled date, time and line when they will be fully assembled. Before that, another manufacturing line assembles the top mount and air spring. When the final assembly occurs the strut is inspected, pressure tested and packaged. Lots of moving parts that can take a long time - particularly since we are also building a couple hundred other products on the same lines.

Here is a cool video of the process:

The following users liked this post:
unlukky (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
http://www.rebuildmastertech.com/
Old 06-03-2023, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes benz Ml320
[QUOTE=arnottdoug;7529515]We are currently finishing up the design and starting to remanufacture OE front air struts for the W218 CLS-Class and W212 E-Class without 4MATIC. Quantities will be limited - there are not a lot of cores out there yet since this is a relatively new application.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...air-suspension[/QUOTE

Hi I recently replaced both front struts on my W218 4-matic. I installed ARNOTT struts from Rockauto. I saw from the beginning a big difference between the OEM part and ARNOTT.
The problem i have now is that the car is taking the curves longer and I can hear the noise of tires howare taking the curve. I took the car to the shop and pass the alignment and I still have this issue.

My concern is, why the top mount of the OEM part is rotating left right with an eccentric move and the ARNOTT doesn’t have this eccentric move?

Last edited by FÄnel Timotin; 06-05-2023 at 12:14 PM.