MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLS Coupe (C218) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c218-157/)
-   -   OBD2 Tune (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c218/732348-obd2-tune.html)

VirtualRain 01-08-2019 04:48 PM

OBD2 Tune

Hey, I've been away from these forums for awhile, but it seems that recently both OE and EuroCharged are offering OBD2 tunes for the M278 engine which has me very interested. Who else? Has anyone actually done this yet?

Stens 01-09-2019 07:04 AM

Oh, thanks a lot. Just when I wasn’t interested in a tune...:) I will have to look into this.

Clkboi 01-09-2019 04:40 PM

Just did mine with AMR flash tune. Too soon to report back as its not what i expected it to be. Need another 2-3 days and will report back to you guys

VirtualRain 01-10-2019 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Clkboi (Post 7650081)
Just did mine with AMR flash tune. Too soon to report back as its not what i expected it to be. Need another 2-3 days and will report back to you guys

Cool. I’d like to know why you chose AMR as well and did the OBD tune cost the same as semding in the ECU?

Clkboi 01-10-2019 12:22 PM

I went with AMR because they seem to have a good reputation here and online and also they were the first ones to release the OBD flash tune.
I paid double what OE would have cost me and the price would be about $200 more than sending the ECU in since you gotta pay for the Mygenius device.

I purchased it during their sale so got a 12% off deal

I drove the car around yesterday quite a bit and maybe its placebo effect but i believe the power increase is there. My concern is everyone is telling me that the power should be night and day and i do not feel that much of a difference.

My other concern is that i also added the burble tune option and i am getting 0 burbles or pops. I currently have cat-less downpipes installed so the pops should be very much there.

Spoke to the staff at AMR and they suggested i do a hard reset of my ECU (which i did) and give it a few days to adapt to the tune so thats where i am now. Day 2 today and going to be driving it as much as i can.

Adamstaytrue 01-10-2019 02:34 PM

I’m actually gonna tune my cls with eurocharge! Can’t wait. Also wanna see if the burble tune would work with only a resonator delete

VirtualRain 01-11-2019 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Clkboi (Post 7650679)
I went with AMR because they 1 they seem to have a good reputation here and online and also they were the first ones to release the OBD flash tune.
I paid double what OE would have cost me and the price would be about $200 than sending the ECU in since you gotta pay for the Mygenius device.

drive the car around yesterday quite a bit and maybe its placebo effect but i believe the power increase is there. My concern is everyone is telling me that the power should be night and day and i do not feel that much of a difference.

My other concern is that i also added the burble tune option and i am getting 0 burbles or pops. I currently have cat-less downpipes installed so the pops should be very much there.

Spoke to the staff at AMR and they suggested i do a hard reset of my ECU (which i did) and give it a few days to adapt to the tune so thats where i am now. Day 2 today and going to be driving it as much as i can.

I wonder if the tune just didn’t take. How can anyone be sure the new tune got applied properly? Does the MyGenius device provide detailed status, results or error codes as the tune is applied? I think if you are having trouble figuring it out, it’s probably not tuned.

VirtualRain 01-11-2019 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Adamstaytrue (Post 7650835)
I’m actually gonna tune my cls with eurocharge! Can’t wait. Also wanna see if the burble tune would work with only a resonator delete

Cool. Please let us know how it goes.

Clkboi 01-11-2019 05:12 PM

Quick video of a new burble tune file flashed to the car

SKIP to :59 if you just want to hear the pops

Clkboi 01-11-2019 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by VirtualRain (Post 7651310)

I wonder if the tune just didn’t take. How can anyone be sure the new tune got applied properly? Does the MyGenius device provide detailed status, results or error codes as the tune is applied? I think if you are having trouble figuring it out, it’s probably not tuned.

The device simply tells you if its completed or not i dont believe it has the ability to verify the tune is written on the ECU but i could be wrong..

Clkboi 01-11-2019 06:39 PM

It will most likely work but you risk damaging your cats as they dont like gasoline very much

Raptorpower700 01-11-2019 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Clkboi (Post 7650679)
I went with AMR because they seem to have a good reputation here and online and also they were the first ones to release the OBD flash tune.
I paid double what OE would have cost me and the price would be about $200 more than sending the ECU in since you gotta pay for the Mygenius device.

I drove the car around yesterday quite a bit and maybe its placebo effect but i believe the power increase is there. My concern is everyone is telling me that the power should be night and day and i do not feel that much of a difference.

do you have the secondary cats and resonators still in place?

Clkboi 01-13-2019 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Raptorpower700 (Post 7652063)

do you have the secondary cats and resonators still in place?

I do not. I have catless downpipes and instead of the resonator i have a H-Pipe installed.

VirtualRain 02-04-2019 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Adamstaytrue (Post 7650835)

Did you get your tune? How did it go?

VirtualRain 02-22-2019 03:08 AM

Has anyone got an OBD2 tune yet? What’s the word?

SALES@OETUNING 02-22-2019 02:12 PM

CLS550 tune OBD2 with MyGenius

Originally Posted by VirtualRain (Post 7688085)
Has anyone got an OBD2 tune yet? What’s the word?

Many customers and members have now purchased MyGenius to load tunes via OBD2. This method is a game changer for loading tunes for MED17 ECUs, with no downtime sending in your ECU.

VirtualRain 02-25-2019 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING (Post 7688431)
Many customers and members have now purchased MyGenius to load tunes via OBD2. This method is a game changer for loading tunes for MED17 ECUs, with no downtime sending in your ECU.

Cool. It would be great to hear from some of them.

I gather her one option with these OBD2 tunes is to restore the factory tune at any time... Does the MyGenius copy my factory tune to the device? Or is there just a generic factory tune loaded on the device from you? How does that work?

SALES@OETUNING 02-25-2019 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by VirtualRain (Post 7690409)

Cool. It would be great to hear from some of them.

I gather her one option with these OBD2 tunes is to restore the factory tune at any time... Does the MyGenius copy my factory tune to the device? Or is there just a generic factory tune loaded on the device from you? How does that work?

Does the MyGenius copy my factory tune to the device?
No. Not for MB MED17 ECUs
Or is there just a generic factory tune loaded on the device from you? How does that work?
The MyGenius reads the software identifiers for your specific factory version corresponding to the ECU hardware part number. We have a database of MB factory versions that modified files are made from. Each tuned file is packed with the ORIGINAL version to be loaded to the MyGenius. When programming back to the ECU, the "tunable data region" of the code is programmed to your ECU leaving the rolling code data region specific to your car intact.

MrResistor 02-26-2019 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING (Post 7690580)
Does the MyGenius copy my factory tune to the device?
No. Not for MB MED17 ECUs
Or is there just a generic factory tune loaded on the device from you? How does that work?
The MyGenius reads the software identifiers for your specific factory version corresponding to the ECU hardware part number. We have a database of MB factory versions that modified files are made from. Each tuned file is packed with the ORIGINAL version to be loaded to the MyGenius. When programming back to the ECU, the "tunable data region" of the code is programmed to your ECU leaving the rolling code data region specific to your car intact.

So if your ECU has been updated by the dealer during maintenance, and you apply the Tuned program and then return to "Stock", would you return to the original version based on when the car was shipped new, or to the updated version applied during maintenance?

Greg Aristilde 02-27-2019 10:03 AM

Ive had the OE tune for months prior to the obd2 availability. Its been great I can keep up with the 63 amg and the at least the m6. Haven't had the opportunity to run any other Ms. I purchased recently the burble pop tune from OE via obd2 and ill say the pops at 3k RPMs are amazing but i have no real burbling while driving though. I will say I still have my cats just no resonators. It doesn't pop all the time only when I rev passed 3k and back off or if I down shift and the RPMs go passed 3k. If you drive like a normal person nothing happens but im fine with that. I honestly dont want my car crackle and popping unless im really giving it the beans. I dont have a go pro so I cant really take videos and for some reason it doesnt pop unless im in S or M mode. Anyone know where I can get the tranny update for rev matching?

Roop94 02-27-2019 02:04 PM

A friend of mine got OE tune on his GL550 with the My Genius device. He is able to tune and de-tune his ECU within 2 minutes. He also recently installed the Cut-Outs between the resonator and mufflers, resonators still intact. I didn't drive his GL before the tune, only after, so I couldn't tell the difference. But he says it's quite the difference and it lessened the turbo lag. I did hear pops at around 2,500 rpm while driving as the rpm was coming down from 4k. Not that loud, but you could hear them inside the cabin.

I will be going the same route soon. The cut-outs and resonator delete and the tune sometime in the near future. Just been busy with work and school atm. I've been working on the detailing and blacking out the entire car and did ceramic coating myself. Man, it's glossier than it used to be!!!

And I wonder at the same price of AMR, the Weistec/RennTech tune is safer for the trans and engine? As Weistec ($1,500) and RennTech ($2k+) produce 700 - 715 tq? Compared to 580 - 615 tq by OE ($1,200) and AMR ($1,800). HP output remains pretty much the same.

SALES@OETUNING 02-27-2019 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by MrResistor (Post 7691305)
So if your ECU has been updated by the dealer during maintenance, and you apply the Tuned program and then return to "Stock", would you return to the original version based on when the car was shipped new, or to the updated version applied during maintenance?

If the version in the car/ECU is updated (version changed) during service, the MyGenius will not allow programming. MyGenius has a checking system that only allows the same version to be programmed no matter if modified or stock versions. We recommend flashing the ORIGINAL/Stock file before service.

MrResistor 03-03-2019 06:14 PM

Any chance there's an MBWorld Forum Group Purchase discount price in our future?

Vicks 03-11-2019 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by MrResistor (Post 7696235)
Any chance there's an MBWorld Forum Group Purchase discount price in our future?

+ 1 Also interested, Please suggest-

SALES@OETUNING 03-11-2019 01:38 PM

FREE MyGenius

Originally Posted by MrResistor (Post 7696235)

Originally Posted by Vicks (Post 7702409)
+ 1 Also interested, Please suggest-

During March we are offering FREE MyGenius with all tune purchases over $995
Contact sales@oetuning.com or call 818-574-5075 for more details.