CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

CLS or GTR or Both????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 63 AMG, 2009 Aston Martin Vantage, 1968 Camaro, 2003 GSXR-1000, 2007 Yamaha R1
CLS or GTR or Both????

I need some input...I currently have an 07 CLS 550. It is clean as hell. I am always getting compliments from a diverse group of people. My problem is that I WANT A GTR . The GTR will be my toy that I will keep for many years to come-I hope. Not to mention that 09 GTR is the first year model so I think it will increase in value one day.
I am a contractor overseas so should I just wait until I am completely finished here -2-3 years or get my GTR now and then get a 2011/12 cls. I also have a black on black on black 2006 G35 that is up for sale. Please talk some sense into me lol
BTW- I only come home 2-3 months out of the year
Attached Thumbnails CLS or GTR or Both????-lnkj.bmp   CLS or GTR or Both????-0821081438a.jpg   CLS or GTR or Both????-0821081439.jpg   CLS or GTR or Both????-0826081136.jpg   CLS or GTR or Both????-0826081137.jpg  

Old 02-07-2009, 12:24 PM

2007 cls 550
i love my cls, i got to drive the GTR thats one fast car!!!
Features of your GTR will VOID WARRANTY

So like hundreds of others, when you get your GTR the first thing you'll want to do is unleash Godzilla.

Take it down to the Track, go around a few times, see what the car is really made of, do a couple 0-60 times as well as some drag. All the while having a Great Time.

Wrong.

Hidden within the pages of the 'GTR Overview-Review' From Nissan, in the "Warranty/Maintenance" section is a list of things that you would asume are normal but infact, will Void your Warranty.

things such as...

"Turning off your VDC"

"Launch control"

"Racing"

"Modifications, including Reprograming or replacing/adding chips to any of the onboard computers"

"Failure to have required Performance Optimization Services Performed"

and...

"running the summer tires at or below -4 degrees"

So Naturally, after i heard this. I thought, well i just wont do it often, and i wont make it obvious, no one will ever find out or know.

Wrong.

Nissan has already countered this type of thinking. Installed in the car is a box recording all activities and sequences performed by the Car. It records ever action and every press of every button. It even knows where you are. IE The Japanese GTR's will automatically go into Track mode when they drive onto a track. The GPS will pin them at that location and the car responds.

So again, i thought, well ill just get around it by just removing or getting some geek to mess with the box.

Wrong. Again.

Unfourtunatly the Box is extremely secure and sensitive. If it is removed and/or senses it has been Tampered with, the Warranty is Void.

I dont see a way around this. and If some of you do, im sure nissan has already got it covered. This might just mean M3 for me.

that was taken from http://forums.gtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=1263
Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 AM

2012 CLS 63 AMG, 2009 Aston Martin Vantage, 1968 Camaro, 2003 GSXR-1000, 2007 Yamaha R1
I have read about the black box and as far the lauch control is concerned, nissan has updated the ecu that allows a launch of about 80%, better than nothing right? I think that I have read that the black only stores so much, like 30 hours of data. I cant really speak on that one though. I love my CLS too but to own Godzilla, WHAT? A classy whip for your lady and the toy forfun and your...well you know.lol

Last edited by pdaplaya; 02-08-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:58 PM

2009 GT-R
I was seriously looking to get a CLS63, but was able to get a GT-R. I really liked the CLS63, but I have always wanted a GT-R since the R32.

You should not get too worried about all the stuff previously mentioned. The GT-R is really a great car, and is built quite well.

It seems like the majority of the people having transmission problems are those that have abused LC by doing it multiple times in a row, not giving the transmission fluids a chance to cool, ultimately burning them up and losing their transmission.