CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

New Arnott Shock installed and working fine...

Old 10-13-2010, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500 AMG
New Arnott Shock installed and working fine...

Well, I just got my CLS500 (2006) back from my mechanic (not the stealership). The right front shock lost all air, warning light and all - typical.

Dealer wanted $1,500 for the shock plus $600 in labor. I about dropped dead in my chair. Then thanks to this forum, I found out about Arnott. Ordered the right front for $399 and $330 to install and Service D completed - $1,078 later all seems well so far.

The Arnott seems to be working fine. My mechanic is a Mercedes Benz Master Technician and is a member of the Mercedes Guild. He said the remanufactured shock looked really good. He used the Star to put the entire suspension thru all it's paces and the Arnott performed flawlessly he said. He said the warning light reset itself. I have driven the car about 100 miles and no warning lights at all.

So, for now I saved about $1,000 on the part and have a lifetime warranty on it. I'll keep everyone posted if something goes wrong. I'm hopeful that I won't have any problems.

I think on our next large Real Estate Closing, we will be getting an Extended Warranty ($3,000 for 4 years and additional 50k miles).

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you need to replace a front shock, you may want to consider Arnott (if you don't have a warranty) as a possible choice.

Cheers everyone!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500 AMG
New Arnott Shock installed and working fine for 4yrs. Now it failed

Well it lasted 4 years. The right Front Arnot Strut just went. Looses air when sitting and sits a little lower when riding.

Called Arnot and they will replace it under LifeTime Warranty, so that's good. Mechanic wants $300 to put it in, okay. Still cheaper than the $2,100 Mercedes wanted to install an OEM Part 4 years ago and NO LifeTime Warranty.

Also found that Arnot now makes the rear air shocks too. That's great news because 3-4 years ago there was no alternative to the OEM part which costed ya an arm and a leg.

I'll keep ya all posted and see what happens.

Greg
Siesta Key, FL

Last edited by RazorV; 10-14-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 CLS550
Thanks for the update Razor - it's nice to know Arnott stands behind their products.