CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

not the 320 cdi noise's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 320cdi
not the 320 cdi noise's.

How do every one im new to the forum and also new to MB after years of back breaking slammed to the floor VW ownership ive decided to buy into the classy world of Mercedes Benz .
Any way ive recently bought my 2006 Cls 320 cdi and ive just starting to pick up on a few noises coming off the engine, There only audible at low revs and especially when driving close to parked cars, walls or any thing that will bounce the sound back.
So the tools came out this weekend and the culprits have been found.
1st: Both the auxiliary drive belt idlers are gone there’s movement and noise in both there bearings, nothing i can do but replace these.
But what i couldn’t get my head around was the way the belt routes itself over the top idler pulley. Basically the 7 grooved side of the belt runs on a flat/smooth idler pulley?? surely there should have been a 7 grooved pulley on this idler so it guides the belt as it moves over it.
2nd: the number 1 injector has developed a rather annoying tick, sounds very much like a hydraulic lifter is beginning to go, also picked up on a small decrease in my mpg and a little bit more black smoke. Im inclined to put this down to a sticking injector.
After a bit of a search i found a product called Liqui Moley purge. Think im gona go down the route of replacing the ticking injector and purging the rest of the fuel system.
Things I need to know:
Is there a guide available on purging the system on these v6 diesels?
Am I better off getting the injector repaired or replaced?
Are the idler pulleys a generic part to the v6 cdi or are they used on other engines?
Am i correct in thinking the engine code is M642?

Things you need to know:
Im a tight ****.
Im based in the uk.

Cheers for reading this tread, any input would be most grateful