MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLS Coupe (C219) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219-65/)
-   -   Delayed - Slow Keyless/remote response... (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219/434860-delayed-slow-keyless-remote-response.html)

mz3bo 02-12-2012 10:01 PM

Delayed - Slow Keyless/remote response...

Delayed Keyless Reponse

My car has a strange problem. When I get away from the car more than 10 mins, my keyless system will not recognize the key right away. I have to stay next to my door (or any door) at least 15 sec before it will unlock the car.

Same thing happen when I press "lock, or unlock" on my remote, the red light will flash, and only 15 seconds later, the car will respond by either locking or unlocking the car...

If I unlock on lock the car and try to operate the keyless within 10 mins, it will work instantly...

My batteries are brand new on both keyless keys I am using...

Thanks

wasupdu 02-13-2012 06:32 AM

I would've guessed the batteries, but you've already checked that.

The only other thing I can think of (which likely isn't the case in your situation) is that the signal is getting blocked by something else. For example, if my key is in the same jacket pocket as my cell phone my car will not open or start. I've never had a problem when it's in a pocket by itself though.

Maybe others can chime in with ideas...

konigstiger 12-21-2012 09:34 AM

If malfunction exists with both keys, my guess (“can not communicate”, https://mbworld.org/forums/5050849-post1.html ) it may be sensor in door handle. System consists of many linked components rather than guess at part replacement have dealer check it.

click430 12-21-2012 06:22 PM

Don't know if this is relevant, but mine works better if I actually use the key to start the car for a while. Does it work for a keyless start?

DynamicMercedes 04-27-2015 11:41 PM

I know this is an old thread, but is there any update to this? This is the only thread I have found that states the same issue I am having. I have a 2005 E55 AMG that was purchased 6 weeks ago. The first 3 weeks the key fob/door handle unlocked doors perfectly. After that, there is a 10 second delay from the first time I push the button before it will unlock with either the key fob or handle. This is only after the vehicle has been sitting atleast 30 minutes. If I come back to the car under that time, it works like normal. Both fobs are doing the same thing and I have changed the battery. Thanks

makterna 06-30-2017 05:38 PM

I have the same problem as you guys have, on my 2006 Mercedes SL500. When I press the lock button on the key fob to lock the car, it delays several seconds until the lights flash confirming it is locked. It has been doing that since I bought it, not sure if it does it every time though, I dont think so.

Is the key fob two way communication? If not, the problem is not likely to be battery related, right? The key fob has an impressive range.

Some additional info on my car that might or might not be related:

1) for as long as I had the car (a year now), the Comand system does not remember my Bass and Treble settings after the car has been turned off.

2) I had the EIS (electrionic ignition lock module) repaired because of a problem in which several electrical systems were acting up most of the time (Comand would say "System unavailable", passenger airbag LED would flash while the seat belt tensioners in the seat would click, airbag light on the dashboard would be on etc). At one time the car even stopped in traffic, but according to my mechanic, this was due to a crankshaft position sensor.
Anyhow, repairing the EIS fixed those problems and the car finally appeared normal (except for (1).

3) One morning two weeks ago when starting the car after a long and fast roadtrip, the car said the brake light was bad, and then turned off consumers such as power windows and A/C and even the dashboard, but the engine worked without any problems. I went to Autozone for a free battery check but they said the batteries were good. When I asked if there were any other tests they could run, they said yes and tested the generator, then said it was bad. After driving it fast for a few hours and then restarting it, everything was back to normal except the workshop light was on, and after disconnecting the batteries I managed to get rid of that light too. After that, there has been no other problem other than the radio turning off intermittently and the radio volume muting for a second then going back to normal.

MBMechanic 10-19-2017 01:13 PM

Hi.

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever find the source on this problem?

I have the exact same on my 2006 CLS 55 with keyless go.

Regards

mercedes240 08-27-2021 06:54 AM

I have same issues C300 2010
When press key Unlock -> it works immediately
When press key Lock -> delay about 3 seconds
it has happened 2 days long :(

kalpesh8376 09-08-2021 01:05 PM

In my Mercedes c200k lock unlock delay working from 6 second any idea to fix it plz l

Originally Posted by mz3bo (Post 5050849)
Delayed Keyless Reponse

My car has a strange problem. When I get away from the car more than 10 mins, my keyless system will not recognize the key right away. I have to stay next to my door (or any door) at least 15 sec before it will unlock the car.

Same thing happen when I press "lock, or unlock" on my remote, the red light will flash, and only 15 seconds later, the car will respond by either locking or unlocking the car...

If I unlock on lock the car and try to operate the keyless within 10 mins, it will work instantly...

My batteries are brand new on both keyless keys I am using...

Thanks

:)

Sanj90 08-20-2023 10:47 AM

Delayed lock/unlock respond just after switch off the engine.

I have mazda 2 demio 2008 car. I using it from 6 years. From few months I observed that there is a 10 second delay to respond to lock/unlock by key just after switching off the engine. But if press the lock /unlock buttons keeping the key close to the front windscreen and dashboard area, it works fine wothout a delay. Other thing is the delay is only after the 1st time I press it after switching off the engine. After that 10 seconds it works well until next time I start the engine. After the next engine startup and off again the 10 seconds delay for 1st time unlock/lock.