MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLS Coupe (C219) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219-65/)
-   -   New Member - Slammed on the ProgRama Lowering Module (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219/446894-new-member-slammed-programa-lowering-module.html)

M1RAG3 05-09-2012 12:01 PM

New Member - Slammed on the ProgRama Lowering Module

On April 24th, I received my ProgRama lowering module (http://www.programainc.com/). THANK YOU to Dusty for helping me with my order and sorting out the international shipping etc. The transaction was very smooth and I have to say that the ProgRama guys are very professional and great to deal with.

Installation:
-I was able to install the module myself in about 2 hours from start to finish, taking my time and triple checking all connections.
-On the CLS the AIRMATIC control module is located in the passenger's footwell, mounted on the back of a metal bracket. To access it you need a socket extension, 10mm socket, and a ratchet.
-The module comes will complete instructions for installation from ProgRama, which were accurate and extremely helpful.

Overall Impressions (my settings are -2.0" front and -1.6" rear):
-I do not have any issues with the car throwing error codes, everything functions normally.
-The car handles like its on rails and it is a lot more fun to drive.
-Body roll is virtually eliminated.
-Acceleration and braking are a lot more crisp.
-The ride height is adjustable on-the-fly using the remote in the car, it takes about 35-40 seconds to go from -2.0inches all around back to stock height.
-I love the aggressive look of the lower car, eliminating the wheel gap really sets off the lines of the CLS, especially in the rear.
-I do not have any issues with rubbing whatsoever (stock wheels FTW lol)
-I have put about 700km on the module so far without any issues.

Overall I give the ProgRama module a 10/10; it does exactly what is was built to do and for giving me the functionality to adjust the height of the car with the touch of a button I give it a big :y

FromM3toE55 05-09-2012 12:09 PM

looks good! :y

cmusngi 05-09-2012 12:09 PM

The drop looks sooooo good on your ride! Love it and definitely a smart choice on getting the ELM V2. =). I love mine as well. Keep up the great work!

S500 Man 05-09-2012 12:25 PM

Lookin good!L

Xeno 05-09-2012 02:37 PM

Very nice. Funny, thats the only mod I have on my car right now until my rims come in this week.

It's so pretty every time you walk up to it and its almost laying frame. lol

Pure745 05-20-2012 06:52 PM

damn that looks good! how much was that module? does it void the warranty?

I took mine to a place that "has their own way of lowering" it was much cheaper but my back is way lower than the front! Now I'm going to take it back to have them fix it..

M1RAG3 05-22-2012 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pure745 (Post 5204891)
damn that looks good! how much was that module? does it void the warranty?

I took mine to a place that "has their own way of lowering" it was much cheaper but my back is way lower than the front! Now I'm going to take it back to have them fix it..

PM sent.

BenzCLS06 06-02-2012 07:45 PM

Car looks so hot lowered like that! I'm lowered via STAR but want to switch to the ELM with remote. What are your thoughts on it? Where did you get and how much? Was install hard?

S500 Man 06-03-2012 12:09 AM

Pm me too please

BenzCLS06 06-03-2012 01:05 AM

M1R, I've been researching all night and I'm set on this lowering module. Can you PM me on how much you got it for if you got a price break? I've seen them going for $1K+. Did you get for less? I think Imma order one tomorrow. Thx.

Pure745 06-04-2012 08:53 PM

If anyone else wants one of these, I need FOUR more people to get a discount. PM me soon if you're interested, I want one for my car ASAP.

UDWANIT2 06-04-2012 09:06 PM

i have a kleemann.....what r the ups to gavin this one......if its worth it n price is reasonable I'm in too.....but need more detail..

apdesign 06-04-2012 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pure745 (Post 5226115)
If anyone else wants one of these, I need FOUR more people to get a discount. PM me soon if you're interested, I want one for my car ASAP.

I'm lowered on via STAR as well and want to switch so I can low my rear more How much of a discount are we talking about. On their website they wanted roughly $995. PM me. Thx

Pure745 06-04-2012 09:12 PM

PM's sent to both of you guys.

cmusngi 06-04-2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by UDWANIT2 (Post 5226145)
i have a kleemann.....what r the ups to gavin this one......if its worth it n price is reasonable I'm in too.....but need more detail..

It's definitely worth it brotha! With this module you are able to adjust front and rears to different height increments and with the remote you can see exactly where you are height wise. If one side looks off, you can adjust accordingly. If you want to slam it, you can go as low as 2 inches on the fly. You also have the ability to adjust the automatic raising an lowering when you're at certain speeds. Doing the install yourself is pretty easy too. A few pin swaps here and there. In my opinion, it's the best lowering module on the market. We did a group buy on PSC and me and DJRabbi got these for a steal. Waaaaaay below $995. If you guys do a group buy and get a killer deal, I highly suggest jumping on it. I know Mirage loves his ELM as well as me and DJRabbi. It's super easy to use and does more on the fly. I say go for it bro!

Pure745 06-04-2012 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by cmusngi (Post 5226212)
It's definitely worth it brotha! With this module you are able to adjust front and rears to different height increments and with the remote you can see exactly where you are height wise. If one side looks off, you can adjust accordingly. If you want to slam it, you can go as low as 2 inches on the fly. You also have the ability to adjust the automatic raising an lowering when you're at certain speeds. Doing the install yourself is pretty easy too. A few pin swaps here and there. In my opinion, it's the best lowering module on the market. We did a group buy on PSC and me and DJRabbi got these for a steal. Waaaaaay below $995. If you guys do a group buy and get a killer deal, I highly suggest jumping on it. I know Mirage loves his ELM as well as me and DJRabbi. It's super easy to use and does more on the fly. I say go for it bro!

What's PSC?

djrabbi 06-04-2012 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Pure745 (Post 5226225)
What's PSC?

**************.com

To the OP:
Your not the only one :)

Attachment 409413

BenzCLS06 06-04-2012 11:41 PM

Haven't heard back from another member yet on this when I PM him so if I don't hear back from him by tomorrow, I'm in for one if u can get good price.

M1RAG3 06-05-2012 10:11 AM

DJRabbi - looks great....I wish I had those 5-spoke AMG wheels.

What settings were you in the picture? Is that what -2.0 Front looks like on 19s?

On my OEM AMG 18s, at -2.0 there is still a bit of wheel gap...cant wait until my 20s get here

djrabbi 06-05-2012 10:14 AM

2.5" front and 2.3" rear. I lowered it with SDS originally

BenzCLS06 06-05-2012 11:10 AM

Im lowered in star right now 1.5 inch. I wanna slam it. If I ad this lower module can I go even further lower since its lower with star?

Pure745 06-05-2012 08:20 PM

Rabbi/Mirage:

What is max amount you can lower it?

djrabbi 06-05-2012 08:21 PM

2" all around but can be lower with Star so my lowest is 3" all around

Pure745 06-05-2012 08:24 PM

So if my car is already slammed using some sort of homemade (washer) technique done by a local shop, I should keep it like that and use the Programa for fine tuning?

djrabbi 06-05-2012 08:25 PM

If you want to use something cheap on a expensive car, be my guest but I wouldn't.