Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Suspension Rising Malfunction

Hello everyone,

So I left my car in the garage for couple weeks without using it and would start it once in a while to make sure the car was starting good. After I started driving it daily again the suspension rising malfunction indicator would show up on my dash. At first it would pop up after I drove for a mile or two, now it pops up right after I start the car. The car does NOT sink, but it also won't rise when i hit the rise button. It works fine when I switch between 'comfort' and 'sport' mode, I notice the difference right away on stiffness. The height on front seems normal and on rear a bit high from where it should be. And I don't hear the suspension letting out air after I have locked the car like I usually used to.

I tried doing some research on this but the case with most people is that the vehicle will sink, which is not the case with my car. I read something about a sticky relay, which may be the case.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Since nobody could help me with this, I hope I can help somebody in the future.

I stopped at my mechanic yesterday and they issue seemed to be a very simple fix. As soon as he saw the car his words were "i'm 100% sure its the plug wires that goes to the airmatic compressor. One of the wires is probably broken off."

Lifted the car up, took out front left tire. Took off the big front cover that covers the fender from inside and he goes "look, I told you!"

Pulled out the plug, replaced the broken wire with another wire which he had in stock from Mercedes as I guess this issues is very common. I was out of there in less than an hour.

I know I should've taken pictures but I didn't think of it at the moment.
The following users liked this post:
Charris773 (04-11-2020)