CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

No communication with ecm.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500
No communication with ecm.

Hey guys here's the situation, all my electronics work but for some reason when i plug into the obd port, the only thing i can read is the live data. The two cdes are po600 and p203e. Now, when i put the tranny in drive or reverse no movement. After doing some research, i read that it may be because of lack of communication is why tranny is not engaging. Any suggestions? Thanks guys
Old 01-16-2018, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by CLS5Hun
Hey guys here's the situation, all my electronics work but for some reason when i plug into the obd port, the only thing i can read is the live data. The two cdes are po600 and p203e. Now, when i put the tranny in drive or reverse no movement. After doing some research, i read that it may be because of lack of communication is why tranny is not engaging. Any suggestions? Thanks guys
That sucks! If it were me I would get the wiring harness to the main ecu and examine if the connection is tight and or if there is corrosion.

Check out this link:
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...pencer-clayton

It appears your vehicle has gone into "failsafe" mode and hence the transmission problems. The link above also suggests low voltage problems, so how is the car's voltage? But it really sounds like there is an issue with the wiring harness. It is a very easy job as long as you are comfortable removing the engine cover and wiring harness (and have lots of patience, even though it is easy, it can take time). Definitely, make sure to remove the ground from your battery to avoid a short if you do this.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:43 PM

2006 CLS500
Thanks LexBrett2 for the info. Well, I check out the engine bay harness to the ecu, everything seem to be well connected and tight. While inside i pulled up the driver side floor and discovered that the under cushion was very damp. However, I didn't see any corroded wires. I went out to the the main fuse box and pulled it apart. It appears that some water dripped into that area. I changed the SAM but still no communication, the wiring underneath the steering wheel appears to be in good shape. I didn't notice any water stains or pooling marks. Clearly I think im on to something with this water issue. Ill report back when i can dive back into it. Thanks
Old 03-16-2018, 08:52 PM

2006 CLS500
ETC codes

Well, after purchasing a knock off C4 Xentry, to my surprise it works great. Be that as it may. My tranny when shifted into gear no movement at all. I ran a full scan and came up with these stored coded. However, when i ran a TCM scan it showed no faults stored. Could the Can bus OFF be the reason why its not reading its not in gear. Im ready to ship it to Circuit Board Medics. Any help will be greatly appreciate.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
That's the list of all possible codes, they aren't all set.

It sounds like the TCM isn't communicating, is it full of oil?
Old 03-17-2018, 12:43 AM

2006 CLS500
ItalianJoe1 thanks for the reply. Yes, I did a fresh filter and fluid changel. after all was said and done still no movement in drive or reverse.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Originally Posted by CLS5Hun
ItalianJoe1 thanks for the reply. Yes, I did a fresh filter and fluid changel. after all was said and done still no movement in drive or reverse.
I meant the actual trans module. If you have the 722.9 that's not applicable though. I was thinking the earlier cars.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:32 AM

2006 CLS500
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
I meant the actual trans module. If you have the 722.9 that's not applicable though. I was thinking the earlier cars.
Now that i understand that what i printed was a list of possible codes. when i scan the transmission it not showing any fault coded. After searching around i found that if a transmission looses communication it may need to be re adapted or recalibrated. What do you thing?