CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Vibration While Driving After Changing Driveshaft Bearing and Support? CV axle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Vibration While Driving After Changing Driveshaft Bearing and Support? CV axle?

Recently on my 2008 CLS550, I changed the Driveshaft bearing and the center support because if failed. I also changed the flex disks. I used genuine FEBI flex disks from FCP euro and the bearing came from the dealer. I made sure to align the driveshaft correctly with the factor marking and even my own markings that I made so they would be perfectly balanced. Well, there is a vibration while driving that is felt under the car that is felt when accelerating and sometimes when decelerating without pressing the brakes. On the highway, the vibration is almost felt in a pattern. Upon further inspection tonight, I examined the CV Axles in the rear and they are......bad. Could this attribute the vibration I'm feeling also or possibly I did something wrong with the driveshaft? Things I have done with process of elimination- New tires, road force balance, and alignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.