CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Sunset Red/Berry Red interior option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunset Red/Berry Red interior option

I'm #1 on my dealer list for a CLS500, so I won't have the benefit of seeing the different colors combinations in the flesh before ordering.

Yesterday I was told by my dealer that on their ordering system the have the following options for the red interiors:

"Berry Red with the standard leather and Sunset Red with the premium Nappa leather"

I have not see any photos of the Berry Red(more of a salmon pinkish red) on the CLS interior and I seriously doubt MB will manufacture two different red colors panels for the doors, consoles and dash. Could this be a case of mistaken identity on the dealer system and in fact there is only one red interior called Sunset Red(kind of burgundy) regardless of the type of leather?

This detail is important to me because I believe Berry Red does not goes well with Pewter exterior. If the Berry Red interior information turns out to be true I might change the exterior color to Iridium Silver. If not I rather keep the Pewter exterior with Sunset Red interior.

Could this be the case also for Cashmere Beige which is usually darker that the regular MB beige interior. Cashmere Beige in the Nappa Leather and the common MB yellowish light beige for the regular quality leather?

Just wondering if any of the memebers that have being or are planning to be at the factory in the next few weeks know or could find out?

Thanks in advance

Angel
Old 11-10-2004, 11:34 AM

Mercedes C400, BMW X3
Only one red

I have seen the ordering pages for the CLS500. There is only one red interior, sunset red. I have seen this color in Stuttgart and it is more pleasing than berry red, a little darker and brick like. I think this color is only available on the CLS500 and not the CLS55. I have also sat in cars with the Cashmere beige and it is the nicest beige interior Mercedes has had for some time. Stone is obviously very light and almost white and Java has quite a bit of yellow in it. Cashmere is a true beige with a brown hue. Very nice.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:35 PM

Pewer with sunset or beige

Thanks Shoe for the clarification. It helps a lot coming from someone who saw them at the factory.

Would you suggest Pewter exterior with Sunset or Cashmere interior? Which of those two looks more elegant. Will Cashmere be a pain to keep clean and free of black spot, specially from the sole of the shoes going in and out? I understand this are 100% subjective questions but I don't have a catalog, just the German configurator.

I like Sunset a lot because it is easier to keep clean and not as somber as black. My big dilema with sunset is what wood trim to choose. As I understand it, there will be two types of wood offer in the US. Matte Laurel(light color wood) and glossy Burl walnut(medium brown). Is this correct? Will there be any black wood(I have seen a photo of a gray interior with a dark almost black wood, posted somewhere else in this forum), kind of like the antracite maple in the E series? Which wood trim will look the best with Sunset? The German configurator has no photos for the wood trim, but they do have three types of wood, Matte laurel, shiny laurel and burl walnut, instead of the 2 that I believe are going to be offer in the US. Is this right?

Thanks for your input? I apologize for asking you all this question, but my dealer is clueless!!!!

Angel
Old 11-10-2004, 01:29 PM

Mercedes C400, BMW X3
Six of one

I think Pewter with Sunset Red would be outstanding. The only thing I don't like about the Sunset Red interior is that the top of the dash is black, I would prefer a contrasting deep red. But this color choice is among the best for this car. I would steer away from the matte finish wood, because it looks very unnatural. Having said that, the only interior color where the matte wood looks acceptable to me is Sunset Red. Maybe you could take a chance on matte if you were tired of the glossy finish that is in all Mercedes. Have a look at the current BMW 745 and decide if you like the matte finish wood in that. Definately avoid matte finish if you decide on Cashmere Beige. I don't think we will see black finish wood right away, but it will eventually come here.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:15 PM

/Pewter/Sunset interior

Thanks Shoe!!!

I appreciate very much you taking time to answer my questions.

Angel
Old 11-10-2004, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
this is not really relevant to the question at hand, but i'm wondering whatever happened to the beautiful interior shown in the Vision CLS? the one with the diamond-pattern on the leather seats and the open pore grain wood. that truly showed that audi and bmw were losing the plot when it comes to interior materials. mercedes promised to build a CLS with that specification, but where is it? or is it under Designo? any info most welcome because that's the particular configuration i fell in love with
also any word of Avantgarde interiors yet? i love the black wood on my W211
ok i think i'll be getting this soon:
Old 11-12-2004, 09:43 PM

Hi, There is a photo of the red interior on the germancarfans.com website. There are over 100 photos of the CLS with a few showing the red interior...it does look kind of brick color in the photos. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:02 PM

Pewter/casmere beige/?wood

Hi Shoes:

I almost decided to switch from a Pewter/sunset red to a pewter/cashmere combo. Mostly for resale reasons and my believe that the cashmere/wood mix looks better and more elegant. I know this combo is as conservative as it gets. Shoes did you see this combo in your factory visit? How does it look?

I will like the glossy wood as Shoes mentioned. In the teaser CLS catalog in the interior specs on the last page it mention the glossy wood being laurel and the matte wood as being burl walnut. I have seen a lot of photos and still can not figure out which one is the matte and which one is the laurel. Which one is lighter?

I will like my interior to look like the one in the interior photo posted on the Japanese article with the wood steering wheel and shifter. Does anyone knows what wood is that one?

Thanks

Angel