CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Cls55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Cls55?

does anyone know if the CLS55 will be arriving into the US at the same time as the CLS500? also, do we know pricing on it yet? after looking over its performance stats, I'm quite impressed. If its $10-$12k more than the CLS500, it may be a viable option.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:54 AM

The AMG verrsion may be around three or four months behind the CLS 500.
I'm very seriously thinking about waiting for the CLS 65, which will be available somewhat later.

By the way, the prices haven't been announced yet, but I would expect the difference of the CLS 55 to be closer to $20,000 than $10,000

--Matt
Old 12-07-2004, 11:44 AM

CLS55
thank for the input matt.

i was checking out the pricing brochure i got from a swiss dealer a couple of weeks ago. of course, they pay a lot more for the cars than we do, but the price difference is 30,000 swiss franks or roughly $26k.

here's my situation: i currently own a 2003 M3 which i was planning to keep as a weekend car while having the CLS as my daily driver. but after reading up on the performance stats of the CLS55, i thought about just selling my M3 and just getting the CLS55 as an all-rounder. but i can't see myself using the MB on the track or to street race (plus i'm not really into that anymore). its nice to know you have the power and handling, but i dont know if its worth the $20+k for it.

or, if i get the CLS500 which i have ordered and is due in by mid-feb, i could sell the M and add the brabus package (appearance only) because i still want my car to be somewhat unique.

Originally Posted by Smiles
The AMG verrsion may be around three or four months behind the CLS 500.
I'm very seriously thinking about waiting for the CLS 65, which will be available somewhat later.

By the way, the prices haven't been announced yet, but I would expect the difference of the CLS 55 to be closer to $20,000 than $10,000

--Matt