CLS Coupe (C257) Discuss the CLS Coupe

My wife's CLS550 is totaled

Old 03-04-2019, 10:01 AM

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts
2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 Cabriolet, 2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S
My wife's CLS550 is totaled

So, we're buying a 2019 CLS450. The car is not in dealer stock so they are having it brought in. We should have the check from insurance sometime this week and we'll go pick up the new car by the end of the week.

Here's the back story. My wife was driving down a street with cars parallel parked on the side. She was just driving the speed limit when a woman driving a Dodge Durango just pulled out and into the side of her car. The Durango hit our car in the right front wheel and fender and scraped the entire right side of our car including the rear wheel. Front suspension is damaged, rear suspension is damaged, both wheels are ruined, both doors need to be replaced as does the right front fender and there is damage to the rear fender and bumper cover. Estimate from the body shop is $27,000. Her car was a 2013 CLS550 with 72,000 miles on it. Designo Diamond white with premium 1 package and AMG sport package. My wife is fine and insurance is settling with us for $30k. We both loved her car so we are not happy about this but we are also looking forward to the new CLS.

We test drove a black one and we both liked it, just not the color. It seems like all the dealerships have is white or black. Very few selenite greys and a few reds around but not in our immediate area (there are 3 Mercedes dealerships within 30 miles of us and none of them had a silver, dark grey or a red CLS in stock). We didn't care for black interior on the car we drove as we both felt it made the car feel smaller inside so we decided against selenite grey as they mostly come with dark interiors so we went with red with cream colored interior, black carpets and premium 1 package. It has a few other packages too but without looking at the sheet I couldn't tell you what they are. We were able to get the dealer to knock almost $3k off msrp.

I'll post pics when it arrives.

Oh, and as we were wrapping up our negotiations I said to the salesman that there was one more thing he needed to do for me. I said, "You need to let me drive one of those AMG GT's you have sitting out front." He laughed and said sure, no problem. We can go now if you want, but I said no due to the rain. I want to drive it in the dry, not when it is raining. So, when we go pick up her car I'll take him up on his offer.

Last edited by SDRider; 03-04-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts
2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 Cabriolet, 2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S
Pics of her CLS.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
It does not take a lot of damage on one of these cars to rack up a big bill.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS 53 AMG
I’m sorry to see and hear about the accident. Most importantly no bodily injury to report-correct? How fast was the Durango moving?