Collectibles, Models and Literature Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-Benz related topics on collectibles, models and literature.

Why You Start Collecting Diecast Model Car

Old 07-12-2017, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Why You Start Collecting Diecast Model Car

There are so many hobbies around the world, why we choose diecast model? Is there your friends or family asked you this question: Why you are collecting diecast?

Why choose diecast

There are a wide variety of hobbies that people take up to fill their spare time. Hobbies can range from activities such as knitting or drawing to rebuilding computers and cars. One broad hobby that encompasses many walks of life is collecting. It is such a broad hobby because collections can be comprised of almost anything that pleases the collector. A popular collector item is cars, however, this is also a broad topic. Collectors may accumulate luxury cars, old cars to be restored, or even miniature car replicas. The latter being the most wallet friendly and easy to store makes it a very common collectible item.

Its the passion for auto that drives someone to start admiring and collecting diecast models. Over time your passion becomes a hobby. There are folks who love driving and they keep track of rally races, adventure trips, group driving. Its the speed, thrill and experience that drives them. With the car model in front of you, there is a sense of pride and respect for the automobile that excites someone.

The motivation

There are lot of collectors of motorcycles, cars, aircrafts, boats, trucks depending on their hobby and passion. You can become a hobbyist by collecting miniature diecast models or serious collector looking out for very antique, vintage models. A serious collector doesn’t look at money or price. Its secondary. For them its the sheer vintage value and respect for the brand that drives them.

A collector once said: “Collecting is having an object of desire. For grown men, the benefit is not always monetary but emotional. The toys may have monetary value to some hobbyists but irrelevant to others who just enjoy the camaraderie of sharing their collection with other collectors who appreciate it.”

If one’s interest lies with miniature cars, diecast cars will certainly be visible on their radar. Some collectors argue that spending a portion of their life savings to maintain their collection robs them of their enjoyment. One option these collectors have is to seek bargains on www.Imodelcar.com . You can get various model car in low price here, for the love of collecting.
Attached Thumbnails Why You Start Collecting Diecast Model Car-timg2-1.jpg  
Old 01-03-2019, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 SL65 & a 2018 C63s
I started when I was very young, I have every matchbox for 1966 and 1967 plus every Hot Wheel for the first two years including getting the insider club chrome Mustang. Never let my kids play with them they were way too hard on their toys. I still have them, ha-ha maybe one day I can sell them and get a new real car. I was able to find a model of my car in the same color - a maroon SL65, put it on the dash whenI show it.

Dave