MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Coupe/Roadster (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster-245/)
-   -   Lemons Cars (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/738133-lemons-cars.html)

doulehr 04-08-2021 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by carnut1 (Post 8310823)
First, I never lie (you have to care what something else thinks to want to lie unlike you normal people I don't). After you have owned a 300 or 400 cars (63 of them MB's) you may get somewhat of an idea of my experiences with cars has been. I never once stated that my comments were how Leman laws work I only was giving information (some of which none of you have access to) regarding the GTS and that many were bought back for reasons that were not the machines fault. My car has a clean title (banks will give a loans on buyback salvage cars or rebuilt titles are not the same as lemon buyback cars) it just says it was a buyback from customer on the carfax. I had the car sent to my dealer when it arrived and they went over it and found absolutely nothing wrong with it, and as I said it has never once had the issue it was bought back for. Lemon laws work different in every state, but at times car companies (I have had two cars bought back out of 489) will agree to buy a car back without going through lemon laws to keep a long standing customer of the brand satisfied (just like MB paid most of the bill to fix an issue on my car after the warranty ended). There is no one fix (or story) that fits all buyback cars, but it seems some of you believe the car is always the issue. It is not, cars are machines, machines can be fixed. Humans well that is another story, but they are a lot harder to fix.

lol, blah blah blah blah. Im still waiting for you to tell me what books you authored.

Skilly 04-08-2021 11:08 AM

First, I never lie (you have to care what something else thinks to want to lie unlike you normal people I don't). After you have owned a 300 or 400 cars (63 of them MB's) you may get somewhat of an idea of my experiences with cars has been. I never once stated that my comments were how Leman laws work I only was giving information (some of which none of you have access to) regarding the GTS and that many were bought back for reasons that were not the machines fault. My car has a clean title (banks will give a loans on buyback salvage cars or rebuilt titles are not the same as lemon buyback cars) it just says it was a buyback from customer on the carfax. I had the car sent to my dealer when it arrived and they went over it and found absolutely nothing wrong with it, and as I said it has never once had the issue it was bought back for. Lemon laws work different in every state, but at times car companies (I have had two cars bought back out of 489) will agree to buy a car back without going through lemon laws to keep a long standing customer of the brand satisfied (just like MB paid most of the bill to fix an issue on my car after the warranty ended). There is no one fix (or story) that fits all buyback cars, but it seems some of you believe the car is always the issue. It is not, cars are machines, machines can be fixed. Humans well that is another story, but they are a lot harder to fix.

This is just plain wrong.

A dealer buying back a car because the user didn't like it isn't more than a basic wholesale purchase. A 'buy back' ALWAYS has formality (and history). If a manufacturer repurchases the car, that is noted in the history and in most cases will result in a title branding. If it's not branded, it's been purposefully resold in a state that doesn't require it, like TX, but to not disclose it as a manufacture repurchase during its new purchase would be deceptive. What you describe isn't even close to either scenarios. Not liking the seating position etc?,....this bucket is the ENTIRE used car market. Just pick any reason for why a used car is sitting on a lot and that is basically what you just described. Welcome to the used car business and the way it works!

As for your stories about having 400 cars...most people don't need 63 Mercedes types to claim an understanding of the experience. Moreover, you manage to fold this 'look at me' moment into every single response that you provide, along with random thoughts. The responses are often just a bunch of words bundled together in such a way that, if you are a famous writer (another weird victory lap reference), I would suspect your editor is losing their mind every time you turn something over for repair. I personally have to read your responses 3x in an attempt to get the words to make sense.

Keon 04-09-2021 08:46 PM

GTs are being used as 24 hours of Lemons cars? I know MB depreciation is bad, but THAT bad? Jesus.

perasmu01 04-09-2021 10:40 PM

still trying to reconcile your claim of being an author with the quality (and spelling) of your posts

cdk4219 04-10-2021 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Keon (Post 8308576)
That's not what lemon law is at all. Stop spreading bull****.

Please read about the California lemon law. Lots of these cars were bought back for small problems that the dealer couldn’t fix. Many lemon cars poured out of California for this specific reason stated above. The reason there are so many lemon gt and gts cars is the simple fact that the dealers weren’t prepared to work on them, as it is a limited specific platform, which makes it to this day harder to diagnose and repair.
A few years ago a friend was purchasing many lemon cars from California that were branded for simple repairs.

JSwan724 04-10-2021 09:49 AM

MBWorld Fanatic!

[img]customavatars/avatar34027_2.gif[/img]

Received 456 Likes on 371 Posts
R Nine T
Florida is real bad about issuing new titles.

Now that’s not nice. I don’t make fun of Georgia do I? :rolf:

Actually it is very dangerous to walk into a dealer to innocently look around. Before you know it you’ll be leaving in that new car you couldn’t live without and the dealer will have issued themselves an electronic title for your car (trade). Your paper title you left at home because you are weak is rendered invalid by the newer electronic title. Ask me how I know. :D

I hope you are doing well and your new Land Rover is enjoyable.

Best regards

Jerry

JSwan724 04-10-2021 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by MalibuScott (Post 8309507)
Or that might be real good if it protects downstream purchasers.

As I recall, a lot of water damaged cars come from Florida.

Actually they LEAVE Florida on container ships along with stolen cars heading overseas to their new homes. :D :y

I hope your new convertible is enjoyable. Just stay away from the curvy roads where Tiger went.

Best regards

Jerry