AMG GT 63S vs AMG GT 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E350
AMG GT 63S vs AMG GT 63

Good morning all,

I have been eyeing the MB AMG GT 63S Coupe for a while now but the price is too high and I still have 1.5 of payment left on my current car. I was wondering:

1) What are the body (visible) differences between the GT63 and GT63S.

2) How much do you anticipate the price going down by next summer?

'm planning on buying a used one next summer and I know MBs price drops so much between new and old ones. I currently own a 2015 E350 and love it so much, I always tend to buy E series, never had any other style so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Old 03-07-2019, 04:02 PM

Received 663 Likes on 349 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Don't know the answers, but you should be able to get an "S" badge for less than $25.
The following users liked this post:
AMGstar305 (04-15-2023)
Old 03-07-2019, 07:35 PM

2015 E350
Originally Posted by MalibuScott
Don't know the answers, but you should be able to get an "S" badge for less than $25.
Thank you! This is brilliant

I also contacted the MB customer service and looks like these cars are not released yet.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:39 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
I currently drive the CLS 63 AMG and am also eyeing the AMG GT 4 door. I am just figuring out if its AMG 63 non S or with S . Both look fairly similar on the MB builder - except the S you get add a nice body sport packaging on the exterior which looks very aggressive and I like that. Not sure if NON-S can do that as well. More importantly, need the 5 seaters instead of 4 seaters.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:19 PM

2015 E350
Originally Posted by Hedges
I currently drive the CLS 63 AMG and am also eyeing the AMG GT 4 door. I am just figuring out if its AMG 63 non S or with S . Both look fairly similar on the MB builder - except the S you get add a nice body sport packaging on the exterior which looks very aggressive and I like that. Not sure if NON-S can do that as well. More importantly, need the 5 seaters instead of 4 seaters.
Those are nice cars, I went on MB website and the models were not listed there and there was no pricing info either. I wanted to compare the S and non S models but it simply did not have anything listed, so I went on chat and was told they are not available yet and the info would be posted when they will become available. Which one has five seats? Aren't they the same inside? I had no idea.
Assuming they will be released this year, the price hopefully will go down so much by nest summer. Just not sure how much lower they will go in one year
Old 03-27-2019, 11:22 AM

2015 E350
Hi all,

I contacted MB, so far I know the followings I thought might be worth mentioning on this thread:

- The GT 63 S is released in 2019
- GT 63 S has the spoiler and a S logo on the back ---> Thanks to the post above, we know we can buy that S logo, what about the spoiler? Can we buy that and add it on??
- What other exterior differences are there?
- Which one has four seats which one five? I am confused.
- The grey color that looks better IMO is magno/graphite grey
- Can we buy the non S model and buy the AMG upgrade pakage? According to the MB rep, it has the folowings:

**There will be the AMG Aerodynamics Package, $2850:
- The AMG Aerodynamics package has been developed in the wind tunnel to improve handling at high speeds and provides the basis for even greater driving enjoyment. The attachments increase the negative lift force while reducing drag. The fixed rear spoiler demonstrates a clear commitment to uncompromising performance.

- At 186 mph, the rear spoiler provides up to an additional 66 lbs. (30kg) of downforce over the standard-equipment rear spoiler.
- AMG Aerodynamics Package Contents
- Fixed rear spoiler in high-gloss black. Adjustable manually with the proper tools.
More aggressive front splitter
Front air intake flics
Rear flics
Further optimized diffuser, integrated in the rear apron

Old 07-29-2019, 12:52 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Irinaa
Hi all,

I contacted MB, so far I know the followings I thought might be worth mentioning on this thread:

- The GT 63 S is released in 2019
- GT 63 S has the spoiler and a S logo on the back ---> Thanks to the post above, we know we can buy that S logo, what about the spoiler? Can we buy that and add it on??
- What other exterior differences are there?
- Which one has four seats which one five? I am confused.
- The grey color that looks better IMO is magno/graphite grey
- Can we buy the non S model and buy the AMG upgrade pakage? According to the MB rep, it has the folowings:

**There will be the AMG Aerodynamics Package, $2850:
- The AMG Aerodynamics package has been developed in the wind tunnel to improve handling at high speeds and provides the basis for even greater driving enjoyment. The attachments increase the negative lift force while reducing drag. The fixed rear spoiler demonstrates a clear commitment to uncompromising performance.

- At 186 mph, the rear spoiler provides up to an additional 66 lbs. (30kg) of downforce over the standard-equipment rear spoiler.
- AMG Aerodynamics Package Contents
- Fixed rear spoiler in high-gloss black. Adjustable manually with the proper tools.
More aggressive front splitter
Front air intake flics
Rear flics
Further optimized diffuser, integrated in the rear apron
Yes you can purchase the basic GT and add all the options you would like. You can have the engine tuned to add horsepower and you can option a rear spoiler, front splitter, etc. This will also save you several thousand dollars versus buying the GT S or GTR. You can go to the AMG website and build the car you want. Check it out.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG GT 43 4-door coupé
There is an option for 5 seats but uncomfortable in the middle.